News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mackintosh needs specsavers if he cant see it now!

Started by premFlem, November 10, 2013, 11:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

premFlem

Its blindingly obvious Jol is not going to turn this around, its over do something now.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Alan

To be honest, as much as I hate to admit it, football clubs are run like businesses. I think Ali Mac is worried that if he were to give Jol his P45, he'll be asked why it didn't happen sooner, & then be given his own marching orders.

Only my thoughts, though...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

WhiteJC

Quote from: Alan on November 10, 2013, 12:56:10 PM
To be honest, as much as I hate to admit it, football clubs are run like businesses. I think Ali Mac is worried that if he were to give Jol his P45, he'll be asked why it didn't happen sooner, & then be given his own marching orders.

I recon your not far off

Fletchino

I think little mac does not have the balls to sack jol as he thinks he will lose face over his appointment of jol. People make mistakes but you need to man up admit its not working and move him on

premFlem

I think Mackintosh has given Jol more than a fair crack of the whip, personally I'd say now that the players heads are down its time for an emergency board meeting monday/tuesday Jol voted out and Kit Symons voted in as caretaker boss. A new permanent boss hopefully by December with the promise of 10/20million in the January window, Its never too late.

TonyGilroy

Why the assumption that sacking Jol is within Mackintosh's remit?

He wouldn't have had that power under MAF.

ron

It's all down to maths....

- (Martin Jol + P45) = Current league position + 10

QED!

premFlem

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 10, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

All the soundings indicate that Khan has given mackintosh this remit, but obviously as owner Khan would have the final say

TonyGilroy

Quote from: premFlem on November 10, 2013, 02:42:21 PM

All the soundings indicate that Khan has given mackintosh this remit, but obviously as owner Khan would have the final say

What "soundings"?

premFlem

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 10, 2013, 02:51:54 PM

What "soundings"?
Chief executive officer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_executive_officer‎
A chief executive officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of total management of an organization.

RidgeRider

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 10, 2013, 12:59:44 PM
Quote from: Alan on November 10, 2013, 12:56:10 PM

I recon your not far off

I feel the same. Ali Mac is just as responsible for the shambles that is our team as Jol, so he has bought into the lie that 'we will be ok' as much as Jol, hence the lack of action. He doesn't realize his hubris, or fear, will likely mean losing his job.

Alan

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 10, 2013, 02:51:54 PM

What "soundings"?

Didn't Khan say he's trusting Jol & Mac to run the side?
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

sumofallparts

I would expect some sort of announcement tomo.
Surely SOMETHING has to happen or at least be said?
Might go and mooch around Motspur Park tomo to see what's going on.

nose

macKintosh is badly at fault for this mess.
we have the wrong ceo
the wrong manager and unless the ceo gets rid of the manager we should be rid of both of them. that is just the way it is.

MikeW

Little unfair to blame Ali Mac.  He is just the do'er for a wealthy boss.  If they say jump (or not seemingly not in this case) what can he do?  Not his company.  Not his money.  It's the problem working for wealthy one-man owner.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Berserker

I think all the money and all the thinking since at least last year was on selling the club and getting a new owner. It obviously tied up finances so that we had to get older players and loanees, each of which has caused problems. Jol has just not been the right person to manage under these circumstances. As has been said before, Sparky saw the writing on the wall and threw his towel in, didn't he say something like we would fall apart and we now have.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

premFlem

Quote from: MikeW on November 10, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Little unfair to blame Ali Mac.  He is just the do'er for a wealthy boss.  If they say jump (or not seemingly not in this case) what can he do?  Not his company.  Not his money.  It's the problem working for wealthy one-man owner.
As the owner Khan has entrusted ceo Mackintosh to oversee
the hiring and firing decisions. I presume he's paid
handsomely for that responsibility

Scrumpy

I bet nothing happens until after the inevitable defeat to Swansea.  fp.gif

Khan, rightly, does not want to appear as a typical trigger-happy foreign owner. Stability is always better than constant change, so I think he will wait to see whether we beat a team that is around us in the league.

Trouble is, we all know that Jol has 'lost' the dressing room so it would be best to get rid now. It would give us 2 weeks to work on drills, new formation etc. A good manager would get this team playing well enough to stay up, no problem.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Oakeshott

"Stability is always better than constant change"

Even if true (very doubtful), they are not the only options. Judicious change is always the sensible option, and never more needed than now to remove the poison that is Jol.

epsomraver

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 10, 2013, 10:20:03 PM
I bet nothing happens until after the inevitable defeat to Swansea.  fp.gif

Khan, rightly, does not want to appear as a typical trigger-happy foreign owner. Stability is always better than constant change, so I think he will wait to see whether we beat a team that is around us in the league.

Trouble is, we all know that Jol has 'lost' the dressing room so it would be best to get rid now. It would give us 2 weeks to work on drills, new formation etc. A good manager would get this team playing well enough to stay up, no problem.
:plus one: