watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How true, I don't know..

Started by Admin, November 13, 2013, 12:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

But it's unlikely Jol will be getting the sack, but there will be a changes to his back room staff, and a possibly his No.2. An interesting 3 weeks to come so I've heard, but Mackintosh still backs him.

EJL

JDH101

What worries about this, and I think your post is correct, is that for the board to want to make adjustments to Jol's back room team means they really are going to be sticking by him. You don't hire an assistant manger then 2 weeks later fire the manager.

I honestly thought it was just a matter of time until he went. But now I am not so sure.  Which is shocking.

Over the years I have watched Fulham teams that have not been very good. As a Fulham fan you roll with the punches. We are not a big club, we are not a rich club (anymore). But I have never seen a team that gives as little effort as this current bunch. It is vile and disgusting and there is no excuse for it. And I put almost all the blame at Jol's feet because he allows it. He is picking these same players week after week and even calling them out as the best players in our team. Heck he even gives one of them the armband!!!

This isn't funny anymore. It has to stop. It has to stop soon if we are to give ourselves any realistic chance of survival. Sunderland just got a lot better and you know they will spend in January. Norwich appear up for the fight and are all pulling in the same direction. Stoke will click soon with Hughes new style.

It is so frustrating as a fan to not be able to do anything but sit and watch this train wreck. I wish it were a case of us not playing the right tactics, or being unlucky with ref decisions and the rub of the green. But it is none of that. It is a grossly inadequate level of effort. It is disgusting. And I am not paying 50 quid a ticket to watch some of the big earners take my money without even breaking into a sweat.

Aaron

Unfortunately I suspect you are correct.

I have absolutely no idea what those in charge of the club are trying to accomplish but it doesn't look good from where I am sitting.  I would have expected something to have been done already if Jol was going to be shown the door so maybe they really are going to back him.

What the hell are we going to do though?  Buying your way out of trouble in January is a virtual impossibility.. Even if Khan did publicly throw £50m into a transfer kitty all that's going to do is make sure clubs and agents load the premiums and we'll end up doing a QPR.  But frankly, I'm not convinced we'll spend at all.

Maybe this is just Venkys part 2 and MAF really was the brains behind the operation?  The Championship awaits.

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

premFlem

Quote from: andersons11 on November 13, 2013, 01:50:14 AM
Quote from: premFlem on November 13, 2013, 01:46:38 AM
I'm gonna miss the prem !

Might have to change your name then.
champFlem.....league1Flem....anotherthirtyyearsinthelowerleaguesFlem.........sorry but whats the point of giving a man who doesn't listen a No2 

premFlem

Quote from: JDH101 on November 13, 2013, 01:25:46 AM
What worries about this, and I think your post is correct, is that for the board to want to make adjustments to Jol's back room team means they really are going to be sticking by him. You don't hire an assistant manger then 2 weeks later fire the manager.

I honestly thought it was just a matter of time until he went. But now I am not so sure.  Which is shocking.

Over the years I have watched Fulham teams that have not been very good. As a Fulham fan you roll with the punches. We are not a big club, we are not a rich club (anymore). But I have never seen a team that gives as little effort as this current bunch. It is vile and disgusting and there is no excuse for it. And I put almost all the blame at Jol's feet because he allows it. He is picking these same players week after week and even calling them out as the best players in our team. Heck he even gives one of them the armband!!!

This isn't funny anymore. It has to stop. It has to stop soon if we are to give ourselves any realistic chance of survival. Sunderland just got a lot better and you know they will spend in January. Norwich appear up for the fight and are all pulling in the same direction. Stoke will click soon with Hughes new style.

It is so frustrating as a fan to not be able to do anything but sit and watch this train wreck. I wish it were a case of us not playing the right tactics, or being unlucky with ref decisions and the rub of the green. But it is none of that. It is a grossly inadequate level of effort. It is disgusting. And I am not paying 50 quid a ticket to watch some of the big earners take my money without even breaking into a sweat.
hear hear   36 points from the last 39 league games and no real sign of improvement, if anything were getting worse.
Relegation is now very much on the cards if this talk of getting in a No2 is to be believed then the whole situation has decsended into a farce.

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok let's take an alternative spin on this;

Jol is crying out for a coaching team behind him, we can all see that and let's face it we cannot get any worse than we are at the moment, so if we do get a number 2 in, and a few new coaches ( fitness coach being a high priority ) then we may actually improve.

This doesn't help with all the terrible things Jol does do, but it might just help slightly improve our performances, and I am certainly welcoming this news as appose to the club not doing anything.

Not good news by any means but it is slightly encouraging that the club are trying to address the issue, even if they are in many people's view, going about it in the wrong way

SKSW6

If true then the board are now responsible for the reaction of the crowd if we concede early yet again next week against Swansea. They know how we feel, they've surely seen the football player over the past 12 months, and they're still sticking by Jol. Unbelievable.

RaySmith

It's to do with confidence rather than lack of effort - we have played good, successful football under Jol - look at the second half at Palace for example, and have certainly been generally better than the end of last/this season.

The crowd need to get behind the team, rather than creating an atmosphere where the players are terrified of making a mistake. At the moment the team is playing with fear on their faces - they are far better than recent performances indicate.

Holders

I don't see what decent Nr. 2 would come to work under Jol when his contract expires at the end of the season when he'll surely be out.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

A No.2 may see it as a stepping stone to management when Jol leaves in the summer
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cottage cheese

RaySmith

Sounds a good  idea in the absence of obvious manegerial replacements.

Will added input help to shore us up at the back? Or do we need new players as well?

We have to do something about our scarily inept defending - because this is completely undermining us, and the efforts of the team, so bringing other people in  might help - it couldn't be any worse.

Siomething needs to be done, and this  may be a good short term measure, without the disruption of a new manager, who, with the candidates available, might not be much/ any better than Jol, given the players we have.

TonyGilroy

I'm happy with whatever works but Jol looks to me to be completely out of ideas.

Any support staff will need to be backed 100% by Jol and have sufficient seniority to impose their own methods and ideas. It would have to be assistance of the type that he feels he needs - not someone imposed on him.

The sort of support staff Tigana had would be ideal. A Kean like crony would likely make things worse.

supersimmo123

Just bring back Tigana. He is out of a job right?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: supersimmo123 on November 13, 2013, 09:20:21 AM
Just bring back Tigana. He is out of a job right?

Which always begs the question "why?"

His post Fulham management career has not been successful and the way we're playing now is very reminiscent of Tigana's last few months.

Admin

This is only information that I've been passed down by a relatively reliable source, however, it's one of those don't shoot the messenger type situations. Personally, I think it's true, otherwise Jol would have got the bullet by now. Di Matteo won't be coming, Chelsea are still paying his £130,000 a week until his 2 year deal expires, and we won't pay him nothing near that. If he leaves, he loses it. Plus, I don't Matteo is the right man for Fulham.

So, when you look at all other options out there, there isn't any really and it looks like the club will be sticking with Jol, but will try to improve the situation around him.