Martinsback

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 01, 2013, 05:58:31 PM
I am happy with Jol not being boss !

Give Rene a chance...

Give peace a chance too..its Christmas.

Pluto

Quote from: Martinsback on December 01, 2013, 05:58:08 PM
Quote from: fulhams_finest on December 01, 2013, 05:19:51 PM
Lets be honest though meulensteen has had 2 weeks two influence the style and way the team plays and we have had no improvement on the pitch at all

Let sack him..he has been here two weeks and done nothing. I went to Greece for two weeks in the summer and was able by the end of that time to tell all the bar owners how to run their bars better than them. Lets get rid and get someone in for one week and if we haven't won the league by the end of that week we should then sack them, and if the next person doesn't win the European league by three days..well come on they have to go. We could be in the great position of sacking managers before they even get interviewed or if we are really on our game..before they are born. Come on Khan sort this out!

Stupid post

Furby

Lets be honest though meulensteen has had 2 weeks two influence the style and way the team plays and we have had no improvement on the pitch at all

Let sack him..he has been here two weeks and done nothing. I went to Greece for two weeks in the summer and was able by the end of that time to tell all the bar owners how to run their bars better than them. Lets get rid and get someone in for one week and if we haven't won the league by the end of that week we should then sack them, and if the next person doesn't win the European league by three days..well come on they have to go. We could be in the great position of sacking managers before they even get interviewed or if we are really on our game..before they are born. Come on Khan sort this out!

Wow, with a CV like that, you've got my vote. Martinisback as next boss I say.

Martinsback

Quote from: fulhams_finest on December 01, 2013, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 01, 2013, 05:43:09 PM
Lets be honest though moy

So right.  Rene has had 2 whole weeks working under the dead hand of Jol and has totally failed to produce any improvement in a team bereft of confidence.   He can't conceivably be up to the job, Rene out!

I'm merely saying I'm unconvinced and people liking him to hodgson need to get a grip

Too right they look totally different. Also Roy did not have a Dutch accent.

Martinsback

Quote from: Furby on December 01, 2013, 06:03:06 PM

Wow, with a CV like that, you've got my vote. Martinisback as next boss I say.

You are too kind. The rest of my CV is just as impressive.

Martinsback

Quote from: Pluto on December 01, 2013, 06:02:24 PM
I think Fulham are the best club in the world and love them
[/quote]

Stupid post
[/quote]

I think you are very disloyal!!

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Martinsback on December 01, 2013, 06:01:11 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 01, 2013, 05:54:02 PM
Quote from: Berserker on December 01, 2013, 04:52:13 PM
Was Billy Mckinley one of Sparky's boys? What about Kit doing some coaching on the first team

like the idea of kit getting involved.  

I think all players should wear Kit. I hate it when some kids turn up in trousers and a note from their parents. Ryan Giggs was terrible for that, I once saw him running about in a game without a shirt on and just a hairy vest on..it was disgusting. Where on earth do these players get their clothes from? I can't imagine how he though a hairy vest was fashionable.

Not exactly what I meant, but funny all the same !

Sniffer

Quote from: farfouille on December 01, 2013, 04:38:03 PM
I just know we could not be worse than that so Rene is in a good position.

THE ONLY WAY IS UP
"Numquam Cede"

Buffalo76

I'd be happy with Rene Zellweger compared with Martin Lol.

Furby

Quote from: Martinsback on December 01, 2013, 06:03:42 PM

So right.  Rene has had 2 whole weeks working under the dead hand of Jol and has totally failed to produce any improvement in a team bereft of confidence.   He can't conceivably be up to the job, Rene out!

I'm merely saying I'm unconvinced and people liking him to hodgson need to get a grip

To be fair, after just hearing Meulensteen on Sky, Mclaren sounds more Dutch than Meulensteen does!!

grandad

New Fulham head coach Rene Meulensteen has been speaking to BBC Radio 5 live.

"Fulham have had too many poor results. They have had a few games when they should have picked up more points," he said.

"Fulham are not used to that. You have to be realistic - tables do not lie and you are there for a reason. That can be down to a lack of quality, luck or whatever it is.

"Everyone at the club needs to realise we must invest. As a staff we need to do the same. We need to look how we can strengthen this squad to ensure Fulham stay in the Premier League.

"I have not spoken to Shahid Khan recently. I am sure I will speak to him soon, everyone knows the background of Mr Khan and his intentions.

"His intentions will be for Fulham to stay in the Premier League. These are the things we will discuss. I spoke to Martin Jol straight away. We had a long conversation, for maybe 30 minutes.

"There is no sort of hard feelings between him and myself. We have known each other for more than 25 years."
Where there's a will there's a wife

Burt

Only time will tell.

And he will need a bit of time to sort this lot out.

Lets get right behind him, and have a bit of patience.

Martinsback

Quote from: Furby on December 01, 2013, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: Martinsback on December 01, 2013, 06:03:42 PM

So right.  Rene has had 2 whole weeks working under the dead hand of Jol and has totally failed to produce any improvement in a team bereft of confidence.   He can't conceivably be up to the job, Rene out!

To be fair, after just hearing Meulensteen on Sky, Mclaren sounds more Dutch than Meulensteen does!!

How you say...

Martinsback

Quote from: Sniffer on December 01, 2013, 06:08:22 PM
Quote from: farfouille on December 01, 2013, 04:38:03 PM
I just know we could not be worse than that so Rene is in a good position.

THE ONLY WAY IS UP

I amused myself...he got it from a woki

Barrie

Well, Rene can not do worse than Jol, that much is obvious, but, I would like to have seen us recruit a top successful manager and keep Rene concentrating on what he does best, coaching.  This appointment is a big gamble for certain.

FC Silver Fox

Is Rene Meulensteen up to the job as manager? 
Time will tell. He certainly has a lot of experience as a coach but not as manager. I don't know the man or his abilities, so don't profess to know the answers.  I don't know how much he knows about game tactics and strategy but I would think he picked up a lot working with Alex Ferguson.
I think his success will depend on whether he was Alex Ferguson's puppy, just running the coaching or whether he had a strong enough character to challenge Alex Ferguson on tactics, team selection, etc.  Did RM face up to the strong characters in the Man Utd team or did he just leave that to Ferguson?
If RM is just a very good coach then I think we will see a new manager being appointed very quickly. If he was as strong a character as Ferguson then he'll have a fighting chance.
Good luck to the man, I say.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Jack Fulham

His lack of managerial experience does concern me. He may of coached a title winning side but has he ever been a relegation battle as a player/coach/manager?

Fulham Tup North

092.gif  To be fair it is a positive change and he needs to kick a few players up the backside.  I don't think we will see that much difference on Wednesday, but I do expect next weekends game to show some improvement.  He will need a strong team around him and he will need to clip the wings of a few 'superstars'.  Parker will be a great Captain and I believe he will be up for the fight.  January will need to see a few more 'fighters' coming in.  Hanger's coming back will help as will Reither. 
Time to dig in and show some metal.
Welcome Rene and Good Luck!
049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white

mike phelan is who i reckon rene will want
Every day is a Fulham day

MikeCdawg

I hope we get Hiddink and Rene combo.