watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

are we happy with rene as boss?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 01, 2013, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

I am not sure. I would have preferred someone with top flight managerial experience.

supersimmo123

I agree, not sure. Willing to give him a chance, has a Steve Kean scenario on it for me though. Great assistant/coach. Gave the reigns at Blackburn, shocking.

Pluto

Only time will tell. I hope he can bring in his own coaching team so it's a proper shake up rather than just getting rid of Jol and leaving the rest the same.

farfouille

I just know we could not be worse than that so Rene is in a good position.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

alexbishop

Well I think Rene will have some time and the board will watch him closely but will have other managers in mind to bring in if necessary I think..

Notice the statement says he is taking over first team duties. They haven't explicitly said 'he is the new MANAGER.' His job title will still be Head Coach
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Holders

Jol's side-kicks will go as well, Rene will have to get his own coaching team in quickly.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SKSW6

As many people have said before on here, it's hard to bring in a new top class manager in the middle of a season, especially after the start we've had.

Pluto

Potentially a director of football is needed here as Rene has no experience with transfer dealings and has a poor record with the few players he has brought into his teams. I'd also like to see Danny Murphy on the coaching staff.

Willard

Very similar view to Alex above.

I think the job is Rene's to lose and he will make a real go to make it his.

I assume Martin Jol's "coaching squad" will be going with him so maybe only Billy McKinley will remain. Will Rene bring some help in?

Luffy86

I think he'll be ok, AVB hasn't done too bad in his transition from coach to manager, and to be honest Rene has learnt from the best....

Berserker

Was Billy Mckinley one of Sparky's boys? What about Kit doing some coaching on the first team
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jamie88

Would be great to see Kit getting promoted to first team duties in some capacity I think. And, as many others have said, trying to get Murphy in wouldnt be a bad shout. We need an injection of clubmen

PokerMatt

Come on.

It could hardly get worse. We've got what he wanted so let's not turn on RM just yet.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham Tup North

092.gif At least Rene can give SAF a call if he needs help. Not a bad option for him.  
Would love to see Danny back in some capacity.
049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Chutney

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 01, 2013, 04:35:22 PM
I am not sure. I would have preferred someone with top flight managerial experience.

stop posts like this and support the new manager.
C O Y W

Willard

Quote from: Berserker on December 01, 2013, 04:52:13 PM
Was Billy Mckinley one of Sparky's boys? What about Kit doing some coaching on the first team

No. If I remember correctly he joined Fulham when Chris Coleman was Manager. He was coach with the reserve team and then first team when Jol er promoted Ray Lexington.

bobby01

Quote from: supersimmo123 on December 01, 2013, 04:36:24 PM
I agree, not sure. Willing to give him a chance, has a Steve Kean scenario on it for me though. Great assistant/coach. Gave the reigns at Blackburn, shocking.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Willard

Sorry, that should obviously be "Lewington" in the post above.

Let's be positive about Rene and give the man a chance.

He obviously has contacts and a network of experienced coaching staff (not least from Manu) so he won't be bereft of potential assistance or assistants including Kit Symons.

I would also like Danny Murphy in some role. I think he has a lot to offer the team and the club.

Berserker

I expect Jol is relieved not to be our manager any more, as was said on another post he has looked unhappy for quite a while. Only time will tell if Rene is the best person for the job, MJ had run out of ideas and had to go, and there wasn't many decent managers that were available out there, and would come to our club.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Junichi

I'm prepared to give the man a chance, it may take some time to get the team behind him after what has gone on this season, but he deserves a shot.

I saw one fan mention that a Rene/Mike Phelan partnership could work. Fergie's two left and right hand men at the helm of Fulham. How would we feel about this?