more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I wonder what Jol is thinking now ?

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, December 08, 2013, 03:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Not trying to be in anyway negative and go back to 'the Jol out' period

But basically the same players/squad and an incredible change in system (although
there wasn't one before) and magnificent attitude and commitment from the players
and support from the crowd.
We played with the commitment and style that Southampton did against us and it
worked 100%

Karagouni's is a gem, in fact everyone was superb and it's probably a year since we've
been able to say that.

It was great, for the last 2 games to be so excited from 3,000 miles away
Great stuff.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

K33NY

Jol the Troll is most likely hiding under a bridge or in a tunnel somewhere, scared to go out in the daylight! ^^, for the sake of football he wont be back in any club anytime soon!

Bassey the warrior

Jol can at least take some credit for bringing the players here that performed. This is his squad.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: The Moose on December 08, 2013, 03:53:25 PM
Jol can at least take some credit for bringing the players here that performed. This is his squad.
This

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RidgeRider

My last comment on Jol. I think he took the position with Fulham for granted, was brought in to fetch a bigger sales price. He was clearly the wrong type of manager for a club like ours. He seems to only have done reasonably well at teams with budgets. He has been found out but I do sort of feel sorry for him nonetheless. It will be difficult for him to explain his tenure at Fulham with a prospective new employer if we continue to play like we have he last two matches.

Time to move on. Rene clearly has the players motivated, something his predecessor never did.

callumc513

Would almost like to see Jol in some kind of DoF role.

K33NY

Quote from: callumc513 on December 08, 2013, 03:58:11 PM

Sorry for not understanding, but DoF role? I should probably be called stupid for not understanding what it means! :P

JDH101

Us Fulham fans are too nice. I want him back in the PL ASAP, just not with us! It would be one less team to worry about finishing above.

grandad

Jol Tweeted that he will never manage another club in England.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JDH101

K33NY

tommy

Quote from: K33NY on December 08, 2013, 04:01:09 PM

Sorry for not understanding, but DoF role? I should probably be called stupid for not understanding what it means! :P

Director of Football.

Although I was a bit gutted to see Jol leave, the players obviously didnt want to play for him anymore. We defended out 20 set pieces today. If Jol was still in charge we would have lost 2-20 today.

Sometimes, a change in manager is needed whether he's all to blame or not for the teams downfall. I personally think he needs to take a lot of the blame, but not all of it.

tommy

Quote from: K33NY on December 08, 2013, 04:14:45 PM
I cant find that tweet though xD
I'm sure his advisers took that down pretty sharpish. And probably gave him a slap for saying it in the first place.

EJL

K33NY

Quote from: EJL on December 08, 2013, 04:36:58 PM
Jol doesn't have twitter...?

didnt even know that, dont have it myself :P Facebook is more than enough ^^

jms

Who cares what he's thinking. It's a complete disgrace that we kept him so long. Clueless, arrogant and inept.

sunburywhite

He is probably thinking "what shall I do with all the money I got as a payoff"
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SKSW6

He seemed to just pick his most talented players and throw them into any old formation, hence Ruiz on the wing and other stupid moves. Rene picks players for the formation he wants and seems to favour hard work over flair, which is what we need right now. Although saying that we had players popping off all sorts of passes and flicks today.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

I fell sorry for him - I think he did his best. Top level footbal management is well paid, but is also a brutal business - look at Moyes - the Everton and Man U fans are deriding him.

But the change under Rene seems immense - the players seem to have confidence in the way the team is set up, and new found belief - they seem like new players, and play like a new team, with the emphasis on the team.