watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will we collapse at Everton

Started by Victor Meldrew, December 09, 2013, 11:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Meldrew

Or will we go down to a brave, hard fought loss?

I'd take a point right now as Everton really are awesome at the moment, but there is the possibility of them giving us a good royal hiding on the day, bringing us straight back down to earth with a bump. It would be a shame, as it would undo all the hard work we've put in over the last couple of games, but it would be typically Fulhamish.

Looking around the forum today, I'm seeing posts of 'I love Fulham', 'We've got out Fulham back' along with 'Fair play Rene' etc.

I'm just hoping Rene' is working hard with the boys this week, especially on the area's that Everton will potentially get at us.

I'm still 50/50 about the whole situation, still not convinced yet that he is the man who will lead us to safety and it's still a bit of the old new manager syndrome.

With Villa out of the way, which was a must not lose game anyway, the hard work really needs to start now and sustained for the foreseeable.

Otherwise, I can see those 'I Fulham' posts turned into 'Rene' out'.  092.gif

nose

everton are a very good team, but so are spurs and we should have beaten them.
I think at this stage most of us will settle for a great team performance with loads of effort....  I believe we can get points at goodison, but as I say everton are a good team, so maybe we will not. But under Jol I was certain we would lose, now I think we have a good chance!

Rene just nmeeds to keep everyone's feet on the ground. Rome wasn't built in a day but I certainly see the foundations of somthing very encouraging!

TWFL

Everton will certainly be a tough game. They're on top, top form at the moment (Deulofeu looks terrifying) so if we're to get anything then we will definitely need to be thoroughly prepared for whatever they've got.

Our record at Goodison doesn't bode well either.

Time for the first Fulhamish win of the season perhaps?

cottage cheese

Watching the Arsenal game Everton played the exact same we did (obviously with a better team) but they have winger and full backs who bomb forward and press the opposition back. It should be an exciting game if we play like we did Sunday. My only reservation is that Coleman and Oviedo are faster and younger than our two full backs so Kaka and Dejagah will have to do a lot of helping out in defence.  

Im not expecting anything from the game as we never do well at Everton and they really are on fire at the moment. The best thing we can hope for is a good performance and hope our confidence is not dented if we come away with nothing.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think we will really struggle, but we are much more organised now and certainly playing with our tails up.... It is a notoriously hard fixture for Fulham. But maybe just maybe we can sneak a 0-0 draw

welshwhite

cant see it happening,, we are a different animal now

K33NY

The hard work had to start at Tottenham, and it clearly did, even though they lost, many many fans here was still positive about the changes we saw that match, and then they kept that spirit against villa, fighting really hard, being offensive, and effective. That hard work started 2 matches ago, and doesnt have to start now, they have to keep it going now.

Everton is on a very good run and we all know that a loss at Everton may be what we have to predict, but what WE have to do, is to still belive, still hope, and still support! And I think the players know and RM knows that they have to work hard out there against Everton! I kinda liked your posts in the start, but now I am feeling you maybe just want to troll the forum with negative posts, dont take it personal thats just my oppinion.

I quote:

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.  ~Winston Churchill

elgreenio

don't think we'll be able to contain Everton. Would be extremely happy with 2 good performances regardless of points. Just need to keep our heads up for the following 4 fixtures where it really counts.

Duff for Kaca Saturday as well please
touch my camera through the fence

Fulham76

Everton won at Man Utd for the 1st time in years last week, (over 40 years I think). It's about time we broke our losing streak at their place, starting this weekend.
That would get a few clubs around us worrying & give us plenty of confidence going in to some more winnable games, (Man City excluded).

Aaron

Can't see us taking anything from the game, but another decent performance would leave me feeling happy.. 

If we managed to nick a point (or even the win!) I'd be absolutely ecstatic..  The way they're playing right now, that'd be a big, big scalp and a real confidence boost.  It's 3 points no one else is going to get easily.

Victor Meldrew

It would be very Fulhamish, that after all these years, that it's Rene' who breaks the duck. How would fans see him then?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 09, 2013, 12:25:48 PM
It would be very Fulhamish, that after all these years, that it's Rene' who breaks the duck. How would fans see him then?

I'd get a big picture of him printed and put it above my bed.

PokerMatt

It's not the end of the world if we lose to Everton. We may well do, as theirs is the type of football against which we have really struggled in the last few years.

However, a goal, a good performance and some defensive solidity against them would show that tactically Rene knows what he's doing. He certainly seems to.

A point? Well that would be the stuff dreams are made of.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fernhurst

I kinda liked your posts in the start, but now I am feeling you maybe just want to troll the forum with negative posts, dont take it personal thats just my oppinion.

Agreed.....think you need to work a bit harder Victor to convince us you are not a troll
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

grandad

My heart would dearly like some sort of result but my head says a loss. More important is the type of performance. A good show will hold us in good stead for the up coming hectic holiday games.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Burt

Not expecting a win at all.

Everton are on fire, and Goodison Park is a graveyard for our hopes and aspirations...

So long as the signs of improvement continue, and we put in a battling display and give a good account of ourselves, then I would be happy with that. If this leads to us knicking a point or (god forbid) even 3, then all the better!

Burt

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 09, 2013, 12:54:55 PM
I kinda liked your posts in the start, but now I am feeling you maybe just want to troll the forum with negative posts, dont take it personal thats just my oppinion.

Agreed.....think you need to work a bit harder Victor to convince us you are not a troll

Careful chaps...

There is nothing in Mr Meldrew's post here that is personal or abusive. He is just questioning how solid our recovery is. And that in my mind is a fair question. It may appear negative relative in the context of the positive glow of yesterday's win, but it's a fair point. I too worry about whether this is a temporary blip and normal service will be resumed. The game at Goodison will be a good indicator.

Bassey the warrior

Can't we enjoy the result for just a few more days before getting pessimistic? We all know the odds are that we'll lose, we'll just have to wait and see what happens, maybe they'll have an off day or Stekelenburg will be on top form. We couldn't be in a better state of mind going into this game though.

Burt

Agree Mr Moose, but there are people who are more glass half-empty than full, and heaven knows after what we have been through over the last 18 months that is understandable enough.

Certainly not grounds for being branded a troll.

kevin

being realistic instead of optimistic then I think we will get beaten but Everton are one of our bogey teams and are playing some great stuff. Its in midfield that they will boss us if we don't seem up for it. Karagounis and Parker are going to have to work even harder than they did on Sunday....But you never know , Berbatov could be the key if he's in the mood