more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The January Silly Season thread

Started by Riverside, December 16, 2013, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 17, 2013, 07:30:45 PM
Vic,one is  a highly authorative substantiated thread the other mere speculation .

Which is which ; - )
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: HatterDon on December 17, 2013, 03:30:22 PM
Quote from: Barrie on December 17, 2013, 01:35:48 PM
Demspey could go the easy route and join West ham, but the fact that he looks likely to be rejoining us shows courage and means clearly that he is desperate to restore his reputation and standing with the fans.  I like that.  And if he comes back here with that kind of determination and plays a part in keeping us up, then all that has gone before will be forgotten as far as I am concerned.

uh, not so much. Clint is a professional footballer. He works for Seattle now, and his reason for seeking european football during MLS break is to keep his form up with the World Cup coming up. The idea that he's obsessing over how Fulham fans feel about him two seasons after he left the club is ludicrous. These guys, like everyone else with a job and a family, are obsessed with being the best they can and making sure that their family's are secure. Several years ago I left a company I was working for and set myself up in business. After a time, I secured two or three contracts with my former company. I did so NOT because I owed them anything, but because they were paying me a decent bit of money for a decent bit of work.

When it comes, Clint's decision will be based on how much pitch time he can get -- not because he owes something to Fulham or Tottenham fans. I can't believe the naivete on here.

When Woy was here, Dempsey used to moan about playing time early on.  Then when he got playing time and eventually scored a few goals, he wanted to go to a team playing Champions League football.  Last year he wasn't satisfied with his playing time at Spurs.  If he whined in private rather than in the papers, maybe there wouldn't be so many divergent opinions on bringing the guy back.  I don't think he has any allegiance to Fulham or any team that he's been on (except maybe USMNT), for that matter.  He's a mercenary just like 95% of the rest of football players.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

God The Mechanic

This January will likely see Roy style transfers, because that's what's needed to keep the club in the division.  I can't imagine there being much preparation for the future, as it's the present that needs to be rectified.  Which will only mean that (if successful) a few years down the line we'll be in this situation again with a bunch of old players who are losing their legs.

Either that, or the club decides to be stupidly brave and spend a good £30million or so on players nearing/in their prime.

bmasar

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 17, 2013, 05:05:51 PM
Looks like its just going to loan signings in january again, but if they are of enough quality and keep us up, i'll take them.
Lescott, buttner, dempsey, zaha, anderson all being thrown about.

And are we ever going to ship the deadwood out? Passengers such as Ruiz should be long gone, no fight for the club.

I don't want to as far as say the window will be make or break for us, but its quite obvious that we do need to bring a few additions in.

What makes you say it will only be loans again?

EJL

We'll see a couple of £2 million deals, a Bosman or two and a loan deal. Standard Hodgson stuff (like GtM said).

HatterDon

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 17, 2013, 10:58:27 PM
Demspey could go the easy route and join West ham, but the fact that he looks likely to be rejoining us shows courage and means clearly that he is desperate to restore his reputation and standing with the fans.  I like that.  And if he comes back here with that kind of determination and plays a part in keeping us up, then all that has gone before will be forgotten as far as I am concerned.

uh, not so much. Clint is a professional footballer. He works for Seattle now, and his reason for seeking european football during MLS break is to keep his form up with the World Cup coming up. The idea that he's obsessing over how Fulham fans feel about him two seasons after he left the club is ludicrous. These guys, like everyone else with a job and a family, are obsessed with being the best they can and making sure that their family's are secure. Several years ago I left a company I was working for and set myself up in business. After a time, I secured two or three contracts with my former company. I did so NOT because I owed them anything, but because they were paying me a decent bit of money for a decent bit of work.

When it comes, Clint's decision will be based on how much pitch time he can get -- not because he owes something to Fulham or Tottenham fans. I can't believe the naivete on here.

When Woy was here, Dempsey used to moan about playing time early on.  Then when he got playing time and eventually scored a few goals, he wanted to go to a team playing Champions League football.  Last year he wasn't satisfied with his playing time at Spurs.  If he whined in private rather than in the papers, maybe there wouldn't be so many divergent opinions on bringing the guy back.  I don't think he has any allegiance to Fulham or any team that he's been on (except maybe USMNT), for that matter.  He's a mercenary just like 95% of the rest of football players.

Nice bit of fiction writing. You have real talent.  :merry christmas:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Delboy

If we are still stuck in the bottom three mid January who will fancy it? We need a good Christmas and New year to drag ourselves to a semi-respectable position to even tempt half decent signings to come. We need personnel happy to fight for the shirt or not at all. QPR proved this last term.

Twig

Demspey could go the easy route and join West ham, but the fact that he looks likely to be rejoining us shows courage and means clearly that he is desperate to restore his reputation and standing with the fans.  I like that.  And if he comes back here with that kind of determination and plays a part in keeping us up, then all that has gone before will be forgotten as far as I am concerned.

When Woy was here, Dempsey used to moan about playing time early on.  Then when he got playing time and eventually scored a few goals, he wanted to go to a team playing Champions League football.  Last year he wasn't satisfied with his playing time at Spurs.  If he whined in private rather than in the papers, maybe there wouldn't be so many divergent opinions on bringing the guy back.  I don't think he has any allegiance to Fulham or any team that he's been on (except maybe USMNT), for that matter.  He's a mercenary just like 95% of the rest of football players.

So that makes anyone who is concerned to pursue their career and increase their earnings a mercenary?  Well that is the vast majority of us.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: bmasar on December 18, 2013, 12:14:42 AM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on December 17, 2013, 05:05:51 PM
Looks like its just going to loan signings in january again, but if they are of enough quality and keep us up, i'll take them.
Lescott, buttner, dempsey, zaha, anderson all being thrown about.

And are we ever going to ship the deadwood out? Passengers such as Ruiz should be long gone, no fight for the club.

I don't want to as far as say the window will be make or break for us, but its quite obvious that we do need to bring a few additions in.

What makes you say it will only be loans again?

Well how much do you think khan is going to give is January? The January transfer window is renowned for paying over the odds prices for players and I can't see us having a spare 10/20 million for this window. I hope I'm wrong but I guess only time will tell.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: HatterDon on December 18, 2013, 04:06:08 AM

Nice bit of fiction writing. You have real talent.  :merry christmas:

I don't quite get your drift.  I thought I was agreeing with your comments.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Riverside

Dinamo Moscow chief Guram Adzojev says that Premier League clubs Fulham and Liverpool have not contacted them over winger Balazs Dzsudzsak.

Liverpool, Fulham and Italian giants Inter Milan have all been strongly linked with Dzsudzsak in recent weeks.

But sporting director Adzojev says he has not heard anything from any of those clubs in regards to the Hungarian.

He told Nemzeti Sport: "This is the first time I hear the name of these teams in connected with Balazs.

"There are interested teams, but at such a big club as Dinamo it's not a surprise. It's very busy during the winter and the summer transfer window but I can say we haven't received any detailed offers for the winger."

Adzojev says a decision to sell Dzsudzsak could only be made by coach Dan Petrescu.

"It's the coach - this time it's Dan Petrescu - who decides about the movements in the squad," he added.

"If a player is approached by a club who makes an offer then the coach can decide to let him go or not.

"If he needs the player, then he stays, if not then the paperwork can begin."

Asked if Dzsudzsak was good enough to play for a team like Liverpool, he responded: "Difficult question. I think he would be good.

"In our squad we have only players who are above the average and Balazs Dzsudzsak is one them. His left foot and his long runs are very valuable and it's nice to see his crosses."

spikey norman

According to today's Sun we are interested in 20 year old Bulgarian international Simeon Slavchev.He is available for £2 million and plays in midfield.

Riverside

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen is lining up a £1.8million swoop for Valenciennes centre-back Benjamin Angoua.

The Cottagers chief wants the 27-year-old to shore up a rearguard that has shipped 30 goals in 16 Premier League outings this season and dumped the West London outfit in the drop zone.

The French outfit have been forced to slash the £5million valuation they put on his head last year because he is out of contract at the end of the season.     

Angoua is keen to quit the Ligue 1 side after failing to nail down an automatic place in their starting line-up this term.

He knows he needs to be playing regular first-team football to boost his chances of making his country's squad for next summer's World Cup Finals in Brazil.

Angoua, who joined Valenciennes from crack Hungarian team Honved three years, is also being targeted by top sides in Russia and Turkey.

But he has set his sights on a switch to England, and Fulham have emerged as favourites to snap him up.   

The West London outfit currently sit just one point from safety.

Martin Jol was relieved of his duties after a poor start to the season, with Muelensteen stepping up from assistant to take over.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-lining-up-18m-bid-2943973#ixzz2ny4qnfu7
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Riverside

Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen has his eye on out-of-favour Manchester United left-back Alexander Buttner, SportsDirect News understands.

The Dutchman has not managed to claim a regular place in the United starting lineup since signing for the club last season, and has been linked several times with a move away in the last few months.

Clubs in Turkey are believed to be interested in him, and he is now attracting interest from Premier League strugglers Fulham, who are now managed by former United coach Meulensteen.

Left-back is seemingly a priority position for the Cottagers boss, with John Arne Riise looking past his best, and Buttner's ability to play further forward is also an appealing factor.

It is believed that the London side will try their luck with a loan bid for the player, though United's decision will likely depend on David Moyes' success in bringing in a replacement in that position, with the Red Devils continuing to chase the likes of Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/37417-man-utd-fulham-eye-united-defender.php#.UrP8a6UcKbA

EJL

It's odd that Sports Direct have chosen today of all days to comment on Riise looking past it, when he's actually in the middle of a decent run of form.

Riverside

Gone fairly quiet

Current status ? Anyone heard anything else

Outs
Berba - ??????
Ruiz - no longer loan but for sale at £5mn
Boateng - loan ?

Ins
Dempsey - loan

+
Anderson - loan ?
Zaha - loan ?
Buttner
Benjamin Angoua - defence
Balazs Dzsudzsak - wing

Luffy86

Just found this on the sky sports transfer blog:-

New Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen is expected to be busy in the January transfer window and he has revealed owner Shahid Khan has promised him money to spend in the New Year.
'I don't know whether it's a loan or a statement signing. It's more important that he (Khan) has fully committed to the support of Fulham and he will give everything that we need to make sure that we stay up.'

I don't really understand the second bit, unless he is referring to Dempsey??

PokerMatt

Quote from: Luffy86 on December 23, 2013, 12:11:15 PM
Just found this on the sky sports transfer blog:-

New Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen is expected to be busy in the January transfer window and he has revealed owner Shahid Khan has promised him money to spend in the New Year.
'I don't know whether it's a loan or a statement signing. It's more important that he (Khan) has fully committed to the support of Fulham and he will give everything that we need to make sure that we stay up.'

I don't really understand the second bit, unless he is referring to Dempsey??

I'm sure Rene said in his pre-City conference that Dempsey would be here until the end of Feb. So presumably it's not Dempsey he's talking about.

Either way these quotes are good news. I trust that Rene already knows where we need to strengthen and will do so early in the window.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

VamosFFC

Looks like Rene is interested in Paolo Hurtado from Pacos de Ferreira.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-plot-paolo-hurtado-transfer-2947744

Here is another video of his skills. Looks like he plays outside winger.

http://youtu.be/tZK1SWwI61k

Delboy

Lets hope that any new signings come in early January so they can have an impact to us staying up, rather than waiting until the last day and not being up to speed until mid February.