https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The January Silly Season thread

Started by Riverside, December 16, 2013, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

Quote from: jmh on January 29, 2014, 03:24:05 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 29, 2014, 03:22:46 PM
I watch a lot of German footy. Kvist is good. .... Not creative but hard working,...
So, in other words, the same as the central midfielders we already have?

No. As the rest of my post said. He's much more disciplined than both Parker and Sidwell and would presumably fit in the DM role but as a water carrier. There's plenty to his game and he's not a headless chicken like our Siddy.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

rusty shackleford

Hope we dont waste the domestic loan spot now. Holtby?

Furby

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 29, 2014, 05:20:57 PM
AC Milan have signed Adel Taarabt on a 6-month loan deal with option to buy for €7m. Medical tomorrow.

Looks like Zaccado isn't a part of the deal either

Adel Taarabt is set to arrive in Milan tonight on loan from Fulham and QPR, removing Cristian Zaccardo from the deal.

It had originally been conceived as an exchange of six-month loans between defender Zaccardo and creative midfielder Taarabt.

However, according to Sport Mediaset and La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan have removed Zaccardo from the situation after he failed to agree personal terms with Fulham and are negotiating just to take Taarabt on loan.

The Moroccan would fly in tomorrow morning at 9.30 GMT and have his medical, signing on a six-month loan with option to buy at the end of the season for €7m.

Milan Channel, the official television station of the club, also confirmed Taarabt is close to signing on loan until June 30 2014.

Although he is currently on loan at Fulham, Taarabt is owned by QPR. FIFA intermediary Vincenzo Morabito confirmed the move was close to completion on Tuesday.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

jmh

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 29, 2014, 05:21:40 PM
I watch a lot of German footy. Kvist is good. .... Not creative but hard working,...

No. As the rest of my post said. He's much more disciplined than both Parker and Sidwell and would presumably fit in the DM role but as a water carrier. There's plenty to his game and he's not a headless chicken like our Siddy.
Sorry, I suppose I was being snarky rather than serious.  Kvist does sound very good and I'd be happy to have him.

PokerMatt

Quote from: jmh on January 29, 2014, 05:24:13 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 29, 2014, 05:21:40 PM

Sorry, I suppose I was being snarky rather than serious.  Kvist does sound very good and I'd be happy to have him.

Yeah, I know, just wanted to clarify in case it wasn't clear.

My overall point (I think) is that we could do a lot worse. Even if we end up sticking with the 4231 he would be a better partner for Parker than Sidwell.

epsomraver

Fulham in talks to sign £11m Greece striker Mitroglou, confirmed on the BBC web site so not just a rumour thenhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25944411

KP_FFC

i heard kvist doesn't even play much for him current team

jmh

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 29, 2014, 05:50:50 PM
He played most or all of their matches from September through November (and the two previous seasons) but seems to have fallen down their depth chart in the past couple of months. 

Furby

Quote from: jmh on January 29, 2014, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 28, 2014, 09:45:53 PM
You really are scraping the barrel with that one. Their 2nd goal came from the brick wall that is Darren Bent giving the free kick away once it rebounded off him again, the game then got stretched as we start chasing it and that's why they had so many opportunities to attack in numbers.
That was the first goal.  The second goal came off a free kick Richardson gave away because he couldn't handle Dyer.

You're right about the 2nd goal, I stand corrected.  :021: But I still disagree with you on Taraabt.  :005:

westcliff white

reports on twitter that we have offered 5 million euros for simon zoller
Every day is a Fulham day

valdeingruo

Quote from: westcliff white on January 29, 2014, 06:04:01 PM

Zoller and this greek lad, hmmm are we really looking at forwards? Weird... are they both under 50 perhaps?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

PokerMatt

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 29, 2014, 05:50:50 PM

He was frozen out under Bruno Labbadia, but has played regularly for Thomas Schneider after Labbadia was sacked a few games in.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: andersons11 on January 29, 2014, 06:08:25 PM

Zoller and this greek lad, hmmm are we really looking at forwards? Weird... are they both under 50 perhaps?

Zoller, mitro.... And holtby would be 3 good signings.

KP_FFC

Kostas Mitroglou currently on BA's flight 633 en route to London and @FulhamFC! He is expected to land at Heathrow at 9pm local time.

Mitroglou will undergo a medical tomorrow. If he passes it he will sign a 4 year contract worth more than 10m EUR. Oly will get approx. 15m

Northern Cottager

Quote from: General on January 29, 2014, 03:26:13 PM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on January 29, 2014, 12:25:19 AM
This is a real statement of intent by us. Hes been linked with some real heavyweights. As has been said no agreement has been reached but at least its been confirmed that we are in advanced talks. We need to get this done as quick as possible before we lose out on this guy.

Real Madrid want ashkan dejagah.... Because i have now linked him with a big team, he must be bloody phenomenal.... Sadly the world doesn't work that way, being linked to a big team is as relevant as saying i think a friend of mine may cook pasta bolognaise today... I have no idea if that is true or not.

What the hell is wrong with you? He is clearly stating it sounds like a good move because previously he has been linked with bigger clubs than us.

TheManOnTheBus

Ooooh. then sign papers tomorrow. register on Friday. Eligible on saturday?

[we can hope/dream.]

westcliff white

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 29, 2014, 06:19:18 PM
Kostas Mitroglou currently on BA's flight 633 en route to London and @FulhamFC! He is expected to land at Heathrow at 9pm local time.

Mitroglou will undergo a medical tomorrow. If he passes it he will sign a 4 year contract worth more than 10m EUR. Oly will get approx. 15m
where is this info from? Olympiakos still maintain no fee agreed as yet, hoping its true tho
Every day is a Fulham day

Rudolph

Just confirmed he has signed! 

COYW

SKSW6

Where abouts on Twitter?