https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - Alan Curbishley appointed as Technical Director

Started by CravenCottager, December 24, 2013, 10:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersimmo123

On the Offal!

Working with Rene,

I don't understand who is running the gaff now!

Burt

Blimey... Where did that come from??

What will his role be?

EJL

Max Headroom

I have no idea whether this is a good or bad thing....... Who is doing what.... Let's hope someone from the club clearly explains this.

Curbishley is a good guy, so hopefully it will work out

DevonFFC

Rene wanted support and they have given him Alan curbstone!! Give us strength

Jamie88

TonyGilroy

So long as it doesn't undermine Muelensteen - I hope it's what he wants.

Curbishly has plenty of experience.

supersimmo123

LBNo11

...well let's see how things go, certainly wouldn't be my choice and is a real surprise.

Maybe he's come back to apologise for kicking the ball at Steed when he was injured..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Baggins

What do the board smoke to make an appointment like this??? :dead horse: 090.gif
COYW!

Berserker

That's it, we're doomed. I just thought things were looking up as well
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Robbie

This is Brilliant !!!!!!!    This is real intent to stay up and progress

ScalleysDad

Blimey. Half decent football brain ten/fifteen years ago, he was part of the B Licence circuit, but awful man manager and out of related work for years. Blimey. As has been said nice enough bloke but for this role not much of a cv and no relationship with RM or the Club. Blimey.
Looks like scissors, paper, stone for team selection. Blimey

Berserker

Why have they done it then, why oh why
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Basil

Baggins

Will it be like spurs and baldini? I know curbishley has a different role but will it work similarly? Will curbisherly buy players and Rene play them? I'm not to sure, might be like a joe kinnear?
:012:
COYW!

Black, White and Fred

He isn't director of football though, sounds really American. Maybe we are trying something new, wouldn't be surprised to see a defensive coach or something like that next
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MOR :

Strange appointment as not one Football Club would touch him with a barge pole due to him winning his case for wrongful dismissal against West Ham United after claiming he had no option but to resign.

His departure from West Ham stretched out into an 18-month court case, which saw the club try to argue - and fail, to the tune of £2.2m - that selling Curbishley's players without Curbishley's say-so was an entirely acceptable thing for them to have done.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on December 24, 2013, 11:11:17 PM
Why have they done it then, why oh why

No idea. RM seems to be getting his ideas and style of play across to the players and he has staff either in place or pending. It would appear the home crowd have brought into what he is doing, with that important caveat that Pulis is getting points, and Khan seems to have agreed with RM that investment is needed.

Still no idea but as TG indicated hopefully RM was part of the process. Blimey