more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Expansion

Started by K33NY, January 08, 2014, 10:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Neil D on January 08, 2014, 05:20:29 PM
What I don't understand is why the Johnny Haynes stand isn't in the frame for redevelopment.  Surely it's possible to do something with it without losing the external, listed facade?  That corrugated roof, the pokey capacity, restricted views.  It's an embarrassment, frankly.
Never happen, not just the facade but even the old wooden seats are listed and protected they tokk some out and had to put the olds ones back a while back which on the plus side also protects the ground from housing devlopers so Khan can't sell and cash in on land value which would greatly depreciate the parcel land value with a Football stand stuck at the front of it

SouthfieldWhite

I fully expect the development to go ahead.

As someone who attended the planning application meeting at Hammersmith Town Hall, I know the amount of effort and work which has already gone into it.

The club know we need to expand to compete, we are growing as a club all the time and the new stand will only help us expand,

I think the only possibility that it wont go ahead , is if the dreaded R word happens

Admin

Quote from: win-dup on January 08, 2014, 05:44:31 PM
At the risk of being abused by some yet again, as I posted on here about two months ago, all development on the Riverside has been cancelled since Khan took over. My source for this information is an FFC employee. Why do you think we've heard nothing? Makes me very very suspicious about Khan's long-term plans for the club. Wonder if he knows Tony Fernandes down the road and his plans for a nice new stadium at Wormwood Scrubs (lovely), be good for a groundshare.

Who's the FFC employee, can't be anyone in the real know, because that's not what I've been told. Khan has one of his own guy's employed on the project full time. Premiership status, plus 50 other niggly objections are still to be ironed out. Although planning has been granted, silly things like long term pollution, applying for permission to get materials down the Thames are still being looked into. If Khan had pulled the plug, they'd have pulled it from the website.  

K33NY

So in other words the info on FFC webpage is clearly missleading then? I allso found some pictures and plans from 2002 where the whole stadium where to be taken down, except the exterior of Johnny Haynes Stand. But that was allso a failure.

As a non Londoner I would allso then ask, whats the potensial for a new stadium, and I know there has been talk about a new stadium before, I think around the time I started following FFC, but if there is a potensial for a new stadium, what is the potensial capasity of it? How much can we fill up?

I know with reduced prices it can fill up easaly against non big clubs, but I know from what I read at FFC webpage, one of the ways to fund the expansion of Riverside stand was to incloude appartements in the stand etc.

But where would be a place for new statium?
How big?

Khan surely knows an expansion should be needed, but I hate that there is so little info about, allthough on the webpage it says this:
http://www.fulhamfc.com/stadium-development/planning-permission

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 08, 2014, 05:53:56 PM
What I don't understand is why the Johnny Haynes stand isn't in the frame for redevelopment.  Surely it's possible to do something with it without losing the external, listed facade?  That corrugated roof, the pokey capacity, restricted views.  It's an embarrassment, frankly.
Never happen, not just the facade but even the old wooden seats are listed and protected they tokk some out and had to put the olds ones back a while back which on the plus side also protects the ground from housing devlopers so Khan can't sell and cash in on land value which would greatly depreciate the parcel land value with a Football stand stuck at the front of it

I was under the impression that the stand isn't listed, only the stone and brick facade is?
The JohnnyHaynes stand has character and rather that than these crap stands like Readind, boro, Leicester etc have which has no character

K33NY

Quote from: Admin on January 08, 2014, 06:04:32 PM
At the risk of being abused by some yet again, as I posted on here about two months ago, all development on the Riverside has been cancelled since Khan took over. My source for this information is an FFC employee. Why do you think we've heard nothing? Makes me very very suspicious about Khan's long-term plans for the club. Wonder if he knows Tony Fernandes down the road and his plans for a nice new stadium at Wormwood Scrubs (lovely), be good for a groundshare.

Who's the FFC employee, can't be anyone in the real know, because that's not what I've been told. Khan has one of his own guy's employed on the project full time. Premiership status, plus 50 other niggly objections are still to be ironed out. Although planning has been granted, silly things like long term pollution, applying for permission to get materials down the Thames are still being looked into. If Khan had pulled the plug, they'd have pulled it from the website.  

I wish there was some kinf of concrete info from the club to the fans or of some sort of connection with the club and a spokes person of the fans, but to have a spokes person, I guess there would have to be an official fan club? I hate to dig out questions, and not to get answers about think, it makes me go complete Sheldon Cooper mad in my head!! :P

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: K33NY on January 08, 2014, 06:06:35 PM
So in other words the info on FFC webpage is clearly missleading then? I allso found some pictures and plans from 2002 where the whole stadium where to be taken down, except the exterior of Johnny Haynes Stand. But that was allso a failure.

As a non Londoner I would allso then ask, whats the potensial for a new stadium, and I know there has been talk about a new stadium before, I think around the time I started following FFC, but if there is a potensial for a new stadium, what is the potensial capasity of it? How much can we fill up?

I know with reduced prices it can fill up easaly against non big clubs, but I know from what I read at FFC webpage, one of the ways to fund the expansion of Riverside stand was to incloude appartements in the stand etc.

How big?

Khan surely knows an expansion should be needed, but I hate that there is so little info about, allthough on the webpage it says this:

K33NY, don't mean to sound rude, but any fan who supported us for at least the last 15-20 years will know that Fulham is Craven Cottage and Craven Cottage is Fulham.

If the club ever tried to move away , then like last time they will come up against stiff opposition from fans

win-dup

What I don't understand is why the Johnny Haynes stand isn't in the frame for redevelopment.  Surely it's possible to do something with it without losing the external, listed facade?  That corrugated roof, the pokey capacity, restricted views.  It's an embarrassment, frankly.

er, it's called character and history. Plus as long as it's there any non-football development would be severely thwarted and who knows when we will be in danger of oblivion again?

win-dup

Quote from: Admin on January 08, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

Well Admin I can only tell you what was told to me. Trust me nothing would delight me more than to be proved wrong on this. What have you heard and from whom?

K33NY

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 08, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

How big?

K33NY, don't mean to sound rude, but any fan who supported us for at least the last 15-20 years will know that Fulham is Craven Cottage and Craven Cottage is Fulham.

If the club ever tried to move away , then like last time they will come up against stiff opposition from fans

Ofcourse I know that I was just asking how possible would it be to happen, I wouldnt want the club to leave either, never said so either, but an owner of a club can take many decissions against fans wishes, just look at Cardiff, thats why I asked how possible it is, maybe potensial was wrong word, but im not from England so I tend to use words wrongly, sorry for that.

But what I would like to see, and what I think is best for the club is an expansion to generat income.

SouthfieldWhite

K33NY no need to be sorry, I understand.

I was very surprised how Cardiff fans basically rolled over to the Chairmanship demands.

Yes I understand Khan is our Chairman and he can do what he wants, but I'm sure he will have a bigger fight on his hands compared to Tan if he did try to move Fulham

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 08, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

How big?

stiffer this time round, plus with the jags playing in London a lot it would be easy to disrupt some of their games to get our point across
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

K33NY

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 08, 2014, 06:27:05 PM
K33NY no need to be sorry, I understand.

I was very surprised how Cardiff fans basically rolled over to the Chairmanship demands.

Yes I understand Khan is our Chairman and he can do what he wants, but I'm sure he will have a bigger fight on his hands compared to Tan if he did try to move Fulham

Ineed, I allso think hes smarter than that, but lets look at it this way.

If Riverside stand is to expand, wich I surely hope it does, its said to increase to 30.000 wich is a big improvement, but what about into the longer future, lets say we do well in PL, we grow in fans, wich would increase demands for more seatings over time, how possible is it to increase the other stands? Isnt it a big debate about the surrounding lands not owned by Fulham? To me it looks very difficult should it be a must in the future, again, I dont know much about this and the neighbours of Fulham etc.

Damn I ask so many questions sometimes.... -.-

MJG

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 08, 2014, 06:07:27 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 08, 2014, 05:53:56 PM
What I don't understand is why the Johnny Haynes stand isn't in the frame for redevelopment.  Surely it's possible to do something with it without losing the external, listed facade?  That corrugated roof, the pokey capacity, restricted views.  It's an embarrassment, frankly.

I was under the impression that the stand isn't listed, only the stone and brick facade is?
The JohnnyHaynes stand has character and rather that than these crap stands like Readind, boro, Leicester etc have which has no character
Pretty sure your right because the 30K stand planned by MAF had a new roof and new seats

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm wondering if a delay could be caused by the discussions about reintroducing standing.

If so, I'm not sure how much that would increase the capacity even if it was as before
'only' the Hammersmith and Putney ends and the Enclosure in the JH stand.

But if that increase the capacity to even 30-35K then they may consider that enough.
I remember as a young lad some 52 years ago (ish) seing Man Utd at CC in a fantastic atmosphere
(I think we lost 3-0)
I was stuck right in the bottom corner of what is now the Riverside.
I'm wondering what the crowd size was that night and what the capacity has been in the past
bearing in mind the forerunner to the Riverside (if I remember correctly) used to be all standing.

It seems so long ago, even the old 4th division days with 3-4K at home and 50 + a dog at away games.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MJG

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 08, 2014, 08:25:08 PM
I'm wondering if a delay could be caused by the discussions about reintroducing standing.

That will have nothing to do with it.

Scrumpy

If so, I'm not sure how much that would increase the capacity even if it was as before

But if that increase the capacity to even 30-35K then they may consider that enough.
I remember as a young lad some 52 years ago (ish) seing Man Utd at CC in a fantastic atmosphere
(I think we lost 3-0)
I'm wondering what the crowd size was that night and what the capacity has been in the past
bearing in mind the forerunner to the Riverside (if I remember correctly) used to be all standing.

It seems so long ago, even the old 4th division days with 3-4K at home and 50 + a dog at away games.

Without looking them up, there were certainly several 40K+ crowds when Utd came to town.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Burt

If standing is going to be reintroduced it will be "safe standing" where each row basically has a bar behind it with a lock down or lock up seat so the capacity will never be what it used to be when it was just bare terracing with the odd crush barrier.

nose

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 08, 2014, 09:31:15 PM

(I think we lost 3-0)

Without looking them up, there were certainly several 40K+ crowds when Utd came to town.

if i remember the number rightly we had around 47,500 for a game against man utd in the 1960s. i do not think post war we have had a greater crowd than that

Luffy86

Just wanna hear some news on it, whether it's to go ahead or not.... The frustration of not knowing if it's going to happen of not is killing me!!
Either way, as fans/supporters we really need to know what's going on!?