watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Expansion

Started by K33NY, January 08, 2014, 10:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

As I have never been in England to see Fulham or Craven Cottage, all I know about the expansion, is from what I read on the internet, Fulham isnt so big in Norway so on matchdays the PL studio here talks more about, bigger clubs, Everton and Cardiff, and Southampton (cus Lundekvam played there and is part of the studio now) They very rarely mention Fulham at now, squad, management, transfer rumors etc. And NEVER have I heard them mention the expansion and how it is going.

So I ask here, how is the expansion going? I read it to be finnished until opening of next season, and that during this season people will see progress, I am excited about and I am going to Cravent Cottage this season, and most likely once a year now (as I persuaded my girlfriend that all I want as christmas presants is a trip to my dear Fulham)

All I have seen of pictures is how it looked before season, and the new plans, would be fun if someone had a picture of how it is today (under progress)

TheManOnTheBus

I don't think any work has been started (or any start date planned).  It is years away, I think.  Certainly there is much to much to do before the start of the next season. 

I imagine Khan will want to ensure stability in the premier league before taking any further concrete step.

But I don't really know. Good questions!

K33NY

Wow ok :P cus all I read, think it was on Fulham own website that its supposed to be finnished within start of next season, damn norrwegian television, with Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal only based info....

Wimbledon_White

Khan won't go through with it.

gezkc

Planning applications are normally approved with a proviso that the work is started within a fixed timeframe (3 years I think). If any work is going to take place on the Riverside stand, it will therefore have to be within the next 2-3 years, otherwise they'd have to submit a new planning application.

Let's wait and see...

MasterHaynes

I thought when the plans were approved they said Feb2014 as they had to wait for the tides for the pylon work need in the Thames, but  although Khan on taling us ver confirmed expansion was absolutely needed for the sustainability i think like Wimbledon white he mau back out.

Berserker

Apart from matches with the big teams we very rarely sell out without radically reducing prices. If we do end up being relegated we will lose alot of supporters. Therefore don't think the expansion is prudent
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

I'm getting less and less convinced this is going ahead.

BishopsParkFantastic

It will be a fantastic development if it goes ahead. I am more optimistic it will, as the development increases income streams from tickets, catering, conferences etc. and therefore does contribute to the clubs longer term sustainability. It all looks amazing! GO TO THE FULHAM WEBSITE, CLICK ON STADIUM DEVELOPMENT AND IT'S ALL THERE.

Danitar

I think khan will go through with the expansion as he knows it's the only way to get money out of the stadium. The problem is it seems to affect everyone around the stadium for example the rowing club. Plus we need a bigger stadium if we are to attract better players

Classic94

Whether it happens at the end of this season or the next, the expansion is vital. Khan knows this and has pointed it out on a number of occasions.

The Equalizer

Someone told me that the new stand would be built "when hell freezes over".

So you can imagine my delight at reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25648513
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

RoyTund

I do think we may have got some news a little sooner if we hadn't struggled as we have.  It won't go ahead if we look like being relegated; Wolves look a touch silly starting on their way to a 45/47,000 seater and then going down.  and down again.

alfie

Are there still protests from the yacht club across the river or has that now been dealt with?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Neil D

What I don't understand is why the Johnny Haynes stand isn't in the frame for redevelopment.  Surely it's possible to do something with it without losing the external, listed facade?  That corrugated roof, the pokey capacity, restricted views.  It's an embarrassment, frankly.

MJG

Its hardly an embarrassment. Its part of the charm of CC and the fact its not a rent a kit stand.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TWFL

Last I heard was that Buckingham Group, a construction firm, had signed a contract to start work in this upcoming off-season.

Then in terms of future expansion they were going to look at working on the Putney stand and potentially the Hammy End and maybe even the JH stand. That last one is difficult though because of the listed part although it is possible to build on top of it. Planning would be a nightmare to get though.

fulhamben

Quote from: TWFL on January 08, 2014, 05:26:18 PM
Last I heard was that Buckingham Group, a construction firm, had signed a contract to start work in this upcoming off-season.

Then in terms of future expansion they were going to look at working on the Putney stand and potentially the Hammy End and maybe even the JH stand. That last one is difficult though because of the listed part although it is possible to build on top of it. Planning would be a nightmare to get though.
I cant wait for the stand to be finished so we can lose the small club tag forever
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on January 08, 2014, 05:09:01 PM
Are there still protests from the yacht club across the river or has that now been dealt with
I would have thought at the moment they would be desperate for a bit of a wind breaker
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

win-dup

At the risk of being abused by some yet again, as I posted on here about two months ago, all development on the Riverside has been cancelled since Khan took over. My source for this information is an FFC employee. Why do you think we've heard nothing? Makes me very very suspicious about Khan's long-term plans for the club. Wonder if he knows Tony Fernandes down the road and his plans for a nice new stadium at Wormwood Scrubs (lovely), be good for a groundshare.