somerset cockernee
tommy
tslyon

It's not too late to throw your hat in!

Just PM me...

Burt

Just a reminder of how it all works...

BACKGROUND
There used to be a poster called Finnster01, who sadly passed away c18 months ago... One of his legacies was to run this annual new year's competition to encourage FOFers to shed all the pounds that they had piled on over the festive period. Airfix kindly organized this last time around.

IN A NUTSHELL
The competition will run from 11 January through to 7 March.

Participants must PM me their weight at the start of the competition, and then on very subsequent Friday through to competition close.

There are in effect two competitions:
1.   The biggest loser in terms of weight lost.
2.   The biggest loser in terms of the percentage of weight lost relative to starting weight.

So as you can see, the winners will in fact be the biggest losers.

TO TAKE PART
Terms and conditions:
1.   To register, send me a PM with your opening weight by close of play 11 January.
2.   To remain a valid participant, please PM me your weight by close of play each subsequent Friday.
3.   "Close of play" is sufficiently flexible to take in to account the internationally diverse make-up of FOF. So it will be interpreted as close of play in your local time.
4.   Erm... That's about it.

I will endeavor to provide a weekly update on progress, although as my day job isn't the quietest one going this may get a bit erratic at times!

ROLL UP! ROLL UP!
As well as being a bit of a laugh for the banter it generated, the competition also saw a lot of mutual support and encouragement. It is always easier, and more fun to do, when there are others helping you along the way....

Burt

And just a reminder to all participants that I need your opening weights in please by close of your play, Friday.

Vinnieffc

For the first time in around 10 years (back in my football/rugby playing days) I have dipped under the 12 stone mark at 11st 13lbs. Once got as heavy as 13st 7lbs. My playing weight was 11st 7lbs and given I'm now 50 don't think I will lose any more. So I will not be participating. However, I may consider starting a rival 'Slim Like Vin' thread (NOT hahaha). Good luck you guys !!

Alan

I've signed up. When I was 20, I weighed about 19 stone, so I put myself on a strict diet. I even set myself the target of completing a marathon one day. I got down to about 14 stone 9 lbs last summer, but I've slacked off a bit since September. I've now set myself a new target of doing 3 marathons before my 30th birthday (I'll be 27 in March), so I don't have long to complete my target. This could be the kick I need. Thanks for setting this all up Burt...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

Burt