News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What appears to be the final Michael Bradley update...

Started by FPT, January 09, 2014, 02:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

He's set to join Toronto FC on a £5.7m deal. Tancredi Palmeri, journalist for Gazzetta Del Sport and CNN tweeted early today that Fulham were close to a 6 month loan deal with an option to buy but the Toronto bid "changed everything."

Here is his series of tweets on the matter:

"Bradley has accepted! He's moving from Roma to Toronto 7m € deal"

"Fulham a week ago was close to get Bradley on loan with buying option, but this Toronto bid changed everything."

"Bradley to sign a 6-year deal, 1m $ a year"

NEW UPDATE:

ESPN USA are reporting the wages to be $6.5m a year, not Tancredi Palmeri's quoted $1m... If true, look no further.

Holders

It seems to demonstrate his lack of ambition if he chooses Canada over the PL.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Holders on January 09, 2014, 02:19:40 PM
agreed money talks
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

God The Mechanic

Yeah, Dempsey's move KINDA made sense as he is nearing the end of his career.  But Bradley is about to hit his peak years, and if the wage stated is correct it isn't about the money.

ToodlesMcToot

I have serious doubts that Bradley is removing himself from the Euro market for only 1 million per year over six years.

Most all of the reports that I've read indicate that he'll be making 5 to 6 times what he was making at Roma.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

It is apparently a done deal though. He's been removed from their Coppa Italia roster for tonight.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: ltd-ffc on January 09, 2014, 02:23:14 PM
agreed money talks

1 million dollars is 20,000 dollars a week, surely he would have earned more with us and on more with Roma
Every day is a Fulham day

valdeingruo

Like ToodlesMctoot says Ive also read its 6.5mill aswell.

Strange move for his career to be honest, I know the league is improving but it isnt on the level for prime players to come just yet.

Heartining to know we WERE actually in for him though
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Classic94

Poor career move but financially lucrative. However, I would have to question his ambition as a footballer if he was to move there, especially at his age.

Bassey the warrior

If he wants to choose money over a genuine challenge so be it. We're better off without him.

Holders

It seems to indicate that he'd rather be a big fish in a small pond. Perhaps he has confidence issues or wary of his lack of success at Villa. To give Dempsey credit, he left Fulham for a professional reason.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HillingdonFFC

No offence to our Canadian cousins, but if true, this is an absolutely ridiculous career move. Surely it can't all be about money?, he probably knows he would get selected for the USA no matter where he played

jmh

Quote from: Holders on January 09, 2014, 03:30:58 PM
It seems to indicate that he'd rather be a big fish in a small pond. Perhaps he has confidence issues or wary of his lack of success at Villa. To give Dempsey credit, he left Fulham for a professional reason.
Bradley is a really good player who's had successful stints in the Eredivisie, the Bundesliga and Serie A.  His "lack of success at Villa" isn't at all important in the scheme of things except to provincial observers who think matches played outside England don't count.

That being said, this move makes no sense to me.

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on January 09, 2014, 04:28:54 PM
Bradley is a really good player who's had successful stints in the Eredivisie, the Bundesliga and Serie A.  His "lack of success at Villa" isn't at all important in the scheme of things except to provincial observers who think matches played outside England don't count.

I would say his lack of success at villa proves once again that it is a lot easier to look good in other leagues than it is in the prem
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Aldo

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2014, 04:32:50 PM
Bradley is a really good player who's had successful stints in the Eredivisie, the Bundesliga and Serie A.  His "lack of success at Villa" isn't at all important in the scheme of things except to provincial observers who think matches played outside England don't count.

I would say his lack of success at villa proves once again that it is a lot easier to look good in other leagues than it is in the prem

The Ruiz factor!

horse1031

Michael, what are you doing?  Why go back to the MLS?  Stay in Europe and play against the best you can so you develop your skills.  He is just getting into the prime of his career...Makes no sense to me and I am really surprised if this goes through.

He is the most important player on the US team... he needs to be on top form in July.

valdeingruo

3 apperances for Villa is hardly an opportunity to shine
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

jmh

Villa was an utter mess during the time Bradley was there.  Plenty of other good players also had no success during those months.  Then McLeish took over, had no use for Bradley, and almost got them relegated for the first time in 25 years.  It proves nothing.

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on January 09, 2014, 04:58:42 PM

Villa was an utter mess during the time Bradley was there.  Plenty of other good players also had no success during those months.  Then McLeish took over, had no use for Bradley, and almost got them relegated for the first time in 25 years.  It proves nothing.
ah yes the old your statement doesn't fit my argument so ill dismiss it tactic. so how can you say looking good in an easier league means he is good but not doing well in a tougher league means nothing. no matter how disjointed and bad a team is doing good players always shine through. take scott parker as an example in our first 19 games.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jmh

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2014, 05:25:04 PM
Quote from: jmh on January 09, 2014, 04:58:42 PM

Villa was an utter mess during the time Bradley was there.  Plenty of other good players also had no success during those months.  Then McLeish took over, had no use for Bradley, and almost got them relegated for the first time in 25 years.  It proves nothing.
ah yes the old your statement doesn't fit my argument so ill dismiss it tactic. so how can you say looking good in an easier league means he is good but not doing well in a tougher league means nothing. no matter how disjointed and bad a team is doing good players always shine through. take scott parker as an example in our first 19 games.
Good players shine through if they get the opportunity.  As andersons11 noted upthread, Bradley played all of three matches for Villa.  By your logic Danny Murphy couldn't have been any good because he didn't "shine through" for Spurs.