more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Update on Defour

Started by jimmyc19, January 21, 2014, 06:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmh

Quote from: TWFL on January 21, 2014, 09:44:54 PM
Latest reports are that a fee and medical are the only things in the way now. So obviously wants to come.
Sounds like far from a done deal, though.

Danitar

Quote from: westcliff white on January 21, 2014, 10:02:22 PM
AsI said danitar, Anderlecht fans believed the deal was done for him to join them on loan. Here it is reported we are offering a permanent 4.5 year deal, so it's just down to Porto to decide.

Had to get some guys in the office to translate the Dutch info as I am not to good at Dutch.

Thanks for the info

JIMMY D

My problem is that he is not a goal scorer..... This is what we need. Someone who will attack!!!!

sipwell

I don't believe Dufour is useful for Fulham. Surely we don't need another Parker/Sidwell/Boateng in our ranks? Don't get me wrong: Dufour is a great midfielder but he is not what Fulham needs.

As for the World Cup, I doubt Dufour will collect a lot of minutes. He will a sub.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

JBH

Quote from: sipwell on January 22, 2014, 08:45:25 AM
I don't believe Dufour is useful for Fulham. Surely we don't need another Parker/Sidwell/Boateng in our ranks? Don't get me wrong: Dufour is a great midfielder but he is not what Fulham needs.

As for the World Cup, I doubt Dufour will collect a lot of minutes. He will a sub.

We need someone who can create chances and why you have included Boateng is a mystery as he is not even in Rene's plans and is looking to move away

JIMMY D

[/quote

So true.. We have Parker!!!!

ffc73

With the engine room of the old men of Parker, Sidwell and Karagounis + the unwanted Boateng then maybe Rene has decided that is what we do need. 

Craven Mad

[/quote

So true.. We have Parker!!!!

Where we'd really benefit from Defour is his passing/ball retention.

Sid is great at interceptions, and Scott is great at holding the ball, but they've been giving it away too cheaply with their passing. Defour has a pass accuracy of 90% in the Champions League this season. He can consistently spread play, whilst simultaneously allowing others the confidence to make runs around him.

Sid likes to play box-to-box, which often leaves Parker isolated in the middle. Defour could act like Murphy used to - a deep-lying playmaker, giving Scott the ability to shield the defence and also filling a gap in the middle left by the roaming Sid.

I really think he could be brilliant for us.

sipwell

Defour was the defensive part of the illustrous Standard triangle "Dufour Fellaini Witsel". I don't see him as a playmaker, to be honest, more like a vacuum cleaner on midfield, a combination of Parker and Sidwell.

I hope to be proven wrong and I would like to see another Belgian at Fulham.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

K33NY

If this goes down, we will sign a quality player! :D allso a great freekicker to :)

BishopsParkFantastic

Defour and Parker in midfield with Ravel Morrison playing behind the striker. New left back from Swansea. Burn and Hangeland at the centre of defense. Very nice, thank you.

Craven Mad

SSN:

According to reports in Portugal, Fulham are now in advanced negotiations with Porto to sign Belgium international Steven Defour this month. Fulham are reported to have offered €5million (£4.1m) plus extras for the midfielder, with Porto demanding €6million (£4.9m) for a January sale. Defour is keen to leave Porto this month to secure regular first-team football ahead of the World Cup.

Bedford White

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 22, 2014, 12:51:31 PM
SSN:

According to reports in Portugal, Fulham are now in advanced negotiations with Porto to sign Belgium international Steven Defour this month. Fulham are reported to have offered €5million (£4.1m) plus extras for the midfielder, with Porto demanding €6million (£4.9m) for a January sale. Defour is keen to leave Porto this month to secure regular first-team football ahead of the World Cup.
Nearly there, COYW

Zu-Meister

i still think we should play with 433, i we get defour (please, although have a bad feeling about this one), iw oudl play defour defensive, parker and sidwell box to box. makes us more solid.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Zu-Meister on January 22, 2014, 12:55:22 PM
i still think we should play with 433, i we get defour (please, although have a bad feeling about this one), iw oudl play defour defensive, parker and sidwell box to box. makes us more solid.

I like the idea of 4-3-3. However I really like Kasami and wonder where he fits in. Maybe rotate him for some games? This would also relegate Taarabt to a mere impact sub. I think 4-2-3-1 would work in some games where we can expect to boss possession, but 4-3-3 when we are playing a team with the same formation.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: The Moose on January 22, 2014, 01:15:39 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on January 22, 2014, 12:55:22 PM

I like the idea of 4-3-3. However I really like Kasami and wonder where he fits in. Maybe rotate him for some games? This would also relegate Taarabt to a mere impact sub. I think 4-2-3-1 would work in some games where we can expect to boss possession, but 4-3-3 when we are playing a team with the same formation.
i liked taarabt playing as a lone striker, as he did against city. and with the wingers and sidwell supporting him.

EJL

I'll take Sipwell's word on this. If he's not a creative midfielder then I'm not sure why we're pursuing him...? What's to say we don't have the same balance issues in midfield due to still not having someone who can pass the bloody ball.

Danitar

SSN:

There is way too much info here for other clubs to swoop in and steal him from us. Just pay the difference, for the price of potentially staying up this seems like a drop in the ocean. Get on with it Fulham

General

Quote from: Danitar on January 22, 2014, 02:37:16 PM
SSN:

There is way too much info here for other clubs to swoop in and steal him from us. Just pay the difference, for the price of potentially staying up this seems like a drop in the ocean. Get on with it Fulham

If we go up just one place from his purchase then it will have been worth the extra price.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Danitar on January 22, 2014, 02:37:16 PM
SSN:

I agree, we need to confirm this signing ASAP.

But you don't honestly think other clubs are relying on Sky Sports for their information do you?