watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Retiring from FOF

Started by Sammyffc, January 29, 2014, 12:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Being female I don't mind people out pouring their thought's and feeling, rather enjoy it actually.  Mind you being a naturally negative flippent person,  too much positivity when things are  obviously going pete tong seems a bit bizarre (mind you this could be because I'm an accountant come IT person as well!)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sammyffc

what grinds me is what i've said to other members , its when people constantly contradict themselves. It really grinds my gears , they will have there say , then go back on it , once questioned they kick off , and so on and so on . Its getting ridiculous the way some mature people are behaving on here. For the win-dup guy and that nick batemen we all know they are trolls and just try and wind us up ! but the admins don't have have to delete them as SOMETIMES , very rarely them posters will post something which is actually genuine haha believe it or not ! i was stressed last night , after the result i just gave up . I was that sure we was going to lose i went to watch THE HOBBIT in the cinema haha as it would be more entertaining , i want the days back where i would be rushing on the tube or rushing to a stream !

MJG

Re:
Of course there is negativity have a look at the table and games played.
Its OK being positive and saying we have 45 pts to play for but also back it up and tell me where 19 pts are coming from.

Is it trolls or negative posts that gets to people really?

I'd argue all my points, I might be wrong and I might give a  negative view. On the other hand I have always been positive about the youth in the team. Look at Burn, one poster on this thread would always say something negative about him when his name was mentioned.'i saw he gave a penalty away for Birmingham' or something similar.

Worst thing on here is people not willing to back up their comments either with facts or a good argument for it.
He's poo is not the answer when questioned why you don't rate a player. Say why you think he's poo.

Rant over

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jarv

Sammy, we are all frustrated but saying "annoying people" and using description "drivel" is not really the way to go. I just ignore the comments I think are stupid. The comments I disliked the most were from the Sidwell haters. Funny, he now happens to be top scorer and probably will get player of the year. I stopped reading their comments, I knew who they were so just ignored them.

There is no doubt, Jol (and others) have destroyed our team.  Sadly, nothing we can do about it (except moan and complain!) 092.gif

Burt

It is inevitable that when times are tough then things will get a bit lary on here.

We will all have different views of what is going wrong, why it is going wrong, what needs to be done about that, will we survive or go down, which players are a waste of space or making the effort, etc. etc.

The key thing is that we all have a role to play in making sure that this board does not go the way of Cottage Corner.

This means (for example):
1. Being able to express thoughts without fear of getting abused for doing so.
2. Respecting other people's points of view, even if they don't align with ours.
3. Avoiding the temptation to belittle or abuse others.
4. Engaging in threads with well thought through opinions, facts, ideas etc.
5. Thinking through any contribution that you want to make before pressing "Post".
6. As per Sammy...taking an occasional break could be the right thing to do at times.

All this becomes even more important when feelings are running high.

RaySmith

Quote from: Berserker on January 29, 2014, 12:08:18 PM
Being female I don't mind people out pouring their thought's and feeling, rather enjoy it actually.  Mind you being a naturally negative flippent person,  too much positivity when things are  obviously going pete tong seems a bit bizarre (mind you this could be because I'm an accountant come IT person as well!)

Many would  the whole idea of supporting a team like Fulham is 'bizarre', and spending loads of money on it- but they don't understand of course.

For me the very notion of  supporter is one of optimism - you go to the game in the often irrational, to an outsider, hope, that the team will win.

I am someone who, like yourself now (and well done to you), used to go to a lot of away games.
- where we usually lost.

The reason I no longer go is financial, but I  feel particularly compelled to go now, unlike many who  feel the opposite, when I feel the team needs its fans- and I'm also up for the fight -
as I did in the Great Escape year, when I was one of those who went to Man C - when  relegation seemed almost inevitable even to the most diehard fan - and yet we turned it round - and what a euphoric moment that was!

I am in real life a sufferer from depression, and pessimistic - and  supporting Fulham is an escape from this - and every game is one that my heart feels we will win, even if my head says something else.

Everyone is entitled to their point of view, but yes, I do find the negativity on this board hard to take, though it is understandable at the present time, after such a period of comparative success - but I do find it over the top sometimes, and  it makes me depressed to read it - so I avoid a lot of the comments.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Burt on January 29, 2014, 01:29:09 PM
It is inevitable that when times are tough then things will get a bit lary on here.

We will all have different views of what is going wrong, why it is going wrong, what needs to be done about that, will we survive or go down, which players are a waste of space or making the effort, etc. etc.

The key thing is that we all have a role to play in making sure that this board does not go the way of Cottage Corner.

2. Respecting other people's points of view, even if they don't align with ours.
5. Thinking through any contribution that you want to make before pressing "Post".
6. As per Sammy...taking an occasional break could be the right thing to do at times.

Just suck the fun out of it why don't you.

Burt

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 29, 2014, 02:57:00 PM
Quote from: Burt on January 29, 2014, 01:29:09 PM

Just suck the fun out of it why don't you.

I try my best  :dft011:

RidgeRider

Quote from: DukeTyrion on January 29, 2014, 11:45:56 AM
I can understand the negativity, but some of the trolling posts from certain individuals are starting to grind somewhat, so I can certainly understand SammyFFC's frustrations.

Agreed. The trolling posts are hard to manage. We keep a record of such things on posters and we do try and correct and warn about certain posting styles. Sometimes you'll see posters just disappear because they can't post anymore and sometimes they get what we are saying and will change how they approach their posts.

The ones that post for sport, we try and weed out, but we give them a chance to hang themselves and again we keep a running thread, along with copies of the posts or commentary on these posters, just so we know how extensive their crossing of the lines have been before we take any permanent action.

We will also remove or edit swear words, so if any poster notices their post has been removed, the one they took 5 minutes to write, it was taken out because the used a curse word. I only posting this as I assume many are reading this thread and may or may or may not know how we try to Moderate things.

ron

..but is there that much negativity on here, given the situation we are in..?

President Harry S Truman was quoted as saying "I never gave anyone hell; I just told them the truth, and it sounded like hell".

....... ?

cmg

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2014, 03:07:13 PM

We keep a record of such things on posters and we do try and correct and warn about certain posting styles. Sometimes you'll see posters just disappear because they can't post anymore and sometimes they get what we are saying and will change how they approach their posts.

The ones that post for sport, we try and weed out, but we give them a chance to hang themselves and again we keep a running thread, along with copies of the posts or commentary on these posters, just so we know how extensive their crossing of the lines have been before we take any permanent action.

We will also remove or edit swear words, so if any poster notices their post has been removed, the one they took 5 minutes to write, it was taken out because the used a curse word. I only posting this as I assume many are reading this thread and may or may or may not know how we try to Moderate things.

Blimey! And I thought I only had GCHQ, NSA and the Murdoch press to worry about.

RidgeRider

Quote from: cmg on January 29, 2014, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2014, 03:07:13 PM

We keep a record of such things on posters and we do try and correct and warn about certain posting styles. Sometimes you'll see posters just disappear because they can't post anymore and sometimes they get what we are saying and will change how they approach their posts.

We will also remove or edit swear words, so if any poster notices their post has been removed, the one they took 5 minutes to write, it was taken out because they used a curse word. I'm only posting this as I assume many are reading this thread and may or may or may not know how we try to Moderate things.

Blimey! And I thought I only had GCHQ, NSA and the Murdoch press to worry about.

They don't call us the Moderati for nothing  :005:

CMG, your dossier is a bit thin. We'll need to work on beefing it up a bit   086.gif

cmg

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2014, 03:29:07 PM

They don't call us the Moderati for nothing  :005:

CMG, your dossier is a bit thin. We'll need to work on beefing it up a bit   086.gif

Guess I should've learnt by now - you can't beat City Hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJugSwY3ww#ws

Sammyffc

i've read and took all of your opinions into consideration and have decided to immediately come out of retirement . purely for the fact i miss posting or commenting on stuff , but I'm just turning a blind eye to the nonsense from now on . Love you all FOF's

YankeeJim

I had a funny thought while reading this thread in that some of the most negative people are on here complaining about how OTHERS are negative. Hmmmmmn, perhaps they think I'm negative. Unless I'm talking about old walk about, I don't think I am. I suppose we all think that way. Difference is, I'm right!!!!!    :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Yarden

I dont post alot, but i do go through alot of the threads. At this point its not really worth my time anymore. Post after post with negativ views against the club.
This forum used to be a great read, but now its just not worth the time spent. I`m still positiv we can stay up and if others dont believe we can i see no reason to read about it every day.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Sammyffc on January 30, 2014, 01:26:00 AM
i've read and took all of your opinions into consideration and have decided to immediately come out of retirement . purely for the fact i miss posting or commenting on stuff , but I'm just turning a blind eye to the nonsense from now on . Love you all FOF's

Good stuff Sammy. Welcome back.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

LBNo11

...personally I hate all the negative views members post about Friends Of Fulham being a negative site as if singling it out as the Fulham anti-christ. This site has a very high membership, and the views of the members more or less reflect the mood at games and in pubs/bars/coffee shops per and post match.

Again I ask, show me a Fulham site that is happy with the obvious malaise the club finds itself in and remains blissfully positive about the future - and I will ask what they are smoking or drinking?

For what is't worth I think we will just make it by the skin of our teeth - but surely people can see why the overall attitude is low...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC