watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Retiring from FOF

Started by Sammyffc, January 29, 2014, 12:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

its been a long road guys but i've finally had enough of some people on here. Its actually starting to depress me the drivel i have to read on a daily basis about are club it actually makes me sad  :016: it reminds me of the cottage corner days . I know everyone is allowed there opinion and i accept that but i can see other members on here getting irate at some of the posts . Admin's you do a fantastic job on this site and try your best and i salute you for that  065.gif , hopefully i will return one day when everything has settled down and its the friends of fulham i remember  :012:

take care all  :Get Coat gif:

RidgeRider

Just take a few days break, I do it from time to time to recharge from all the negativity.

The truth is our club is at risk and struggling to look like a side that will do anything but barely miss relegation or end up in the Championship. It's hard to take, and everyone deals with it different and of course supporters want to blame someone.

We are still Friends of Fulham, and if the 'friendly' supporters leave, then we are left with those that are not. Make the board what you want and know that while we can't manage how people think or even express themselves, we will continue to Moderate based on the written rules as best we can.

Taking a break is good idea actually.

zander

I understand how you feel sammy. Although the club is struggling and in a difficult situation some of the things I read on here are absurd and simply baffle me. However its those that are friendly and constructive that make this fof and not cottage corner so I do hope you return soon.

grandad

We are all deeply distressed about what is happening at the Club. Everyone has their own way of showing their feelings. Sure there are a few who make statements only for their own ego. Generally people on here are deeply passionate about their club & I being one of them will continue to post & reply to threads.If you don´t like the subject or tone of a thread or post then you can choose to ignore it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

TWFL

I echo RidgeRider's thoughts on this. A good break is needed (lord knows I've taken a few in my time on here) and then come back after a while. Unfortunately with the situation we're in now negativity is inevitable. Hope you change your mind  049:gif

Lighthouse

Some of us will always be negative and make silly wild statements and annoy others. It is called life. Don't be a stranger for too long and as soon as something good happens like a goal or two then all the positve, wild assumptions will come flooding back.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sipwell

Just take a break from the site. I don't post as often as I used to but I still read it. When things go well, criticism is minimal. When things look dire, criticism is massive!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

epsomraver

He is still here, hiding behind the door to see what people are saying about him :005:

Matt Inglis

I know how you feel. I can rarely find anything to post on at the moment!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

nose

i blow very hot and cold and try to back up everything with examples and general stuff to make my point.
Some people just talk rubbish and make ridiculous comments (not just things I happen to diasagree with).
And part of the reason for the MBs is to allow people to let off steam, and when things aren't going so well it can be a bit dispiriting if it is too negative or appears disunited on here. But hopw dull would it be if we aall agreed about everything.

But one thing is I feel sure everybody says what they think to try and make fulham better. That is what i try to do.... and if you want something positive.... I am ready to my renew my season ticket now. If asked tomorrow I would do it, that must show faith.

Furby

I see where you are coming from Sammy because it can get frustrating reading it at times, but some of these comments made are just to get the reaction you've given now, which I (like grandad says) just ignore.

For the majority and legit negative comments, Lighthouse's post will show you it's just fickle fans doing their thing.

Hopefully we'll have plenty of good things to speak of in the next two days with some big signings and then good results, then you'll see those same posters looking at europe.

Come back soon

Sammyffc

Quote from: epsomraver on January 29, 2014, 11:07:23 AM
He is still here, hiding behind the door to see what people are saying about him :005:

i am indeed haha ! well not exactly , i had some dm's i had to reply to haha ! but thanks for the advice everyone , your probably right i just need to take a break or just read the forum without posting , its like an addiction though , FOF has become a part of my daily routine , hopefully everything gets better soon :D

JackyFulham90

I agree with you,  this board is getting so negative, we are not down the season ends in May & we have 45 points still to play for

nose

Quote from: Furby on January 29, 2014, 11:16:52 AM
I see where you are coming from Sammy because it can get frustrating reading it at times, but some of these comments made are just to get the reaction you've given now, which I (like grandad says) just ignore.

For the majority and legit negative comments, Lighthouse's post will show you it's just fickle fans doing their thing.

Hopefully we'll have plenty of good things to speak of in the next two days with some big signings and then good results, then you'll see those same posters looking at europe.

Come back soon

is it fickle? I was 100% against Jol and day in day out I screamed for his head and I was always told I knew nothing and was too
negative.
Now i like rene and given time I think he will come good especially if he gets rid of ray and Curbs who seem to have affected the way we play.

But until yesterday i was very optimisitic about going forwards, unfortunately this morning i find my new found optimism severely shaken.

So with jol i was sure we would go down, now i still think we will survive but it will be a very turbulent ride... and if we persist playing dempsey and rchardson IMO we are effectively playing with 9 1/2 players and berba continues to underwhelm despite his imense natural ability. I don't think people are actually fickle rather they are very worried and touchy because as supporters there is so little we can materially do to try and help.

epsomraver

Every one is fed up mate, what frustrates me and I am sure I am not alone is the total lack of urgency, the total lack of effort by some players and the total lack of pace from the team. Other teams run onto a fast pass played in front of them, they break at pace, we don't ,we stand around waiting for the pass and 9 times out of 10 pass it straight back to where it came from usually backwards, it was park football last night ending up in just lumping the ball upfield in hope. If the team played well with effort and still lost then most would accept that we are not good enough but done our best, that is not happening and that is what incences so many.

K33NY

hes right the board is way to negative. I understand people have theire rights to express theire feelings and thoughts etc, but I would like to rather see people keeping it to themselves instead of winding up many others, I dont remembers names of posters either but there are allso some who just posts negativity about Fulham either they are trolls or not, but why not those posts get deleted is a big question to me. Example the one forum posts saying RM disrespects the FA cup etc that was posted the other day... or that Wind Up guy or whatever he calls himself, why allow people to posts such posts?

DukeTyrion

I can understand the negativity, but some of the trolling posts from certain individuals are starting to grind somewhat, so I can certainly understand SammyFFC's frustrations.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: K33NY on January 29, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
hes right the board is way to negative. I understand people have theire rights to express theire feelings and thoughts etc, but I would like to rather see people keeping it to themselves instead of winding up many others, I dont remembers names of posters either but there are allso some who just posts negativity about Fulham either they are trolls or not, but why not those posts get deleted is a big question to me. Example the one forum posts saying RM disrespects the FA cup etc that was posted the other day... or that Wind Up guy or whatever he calls himself, why allow people to posts such posts?

That 'disrespected the FA cup thread' was ridiculous. Almost as bad as 'We want our club back'. fp.gif
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

DukeTyrion

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on January 29, 2014, 11:49:05 AM

That 'disrespected the FA cup thread' was ridiculous.

Yup, and it's not as if it was a solitary event.

Furby

Quote from: nose on January 29, 2014, 11:36:48 AM
Quote from: Furby on January 29, 2014, 11:16:52 AM

Come back soon

is it fickle? I was 100% against Jol and day in day out I screamed for his head and I was always told I knew nothing and was too
negative.
Now i like rene and given time I think he will come good especially if he gets rid of ray and Curbs who seem to have affected the way we play.

But until yesterday i was very optimisitic about going forwards, unfortunately this morning i find my new found optimism severely shaken.

So with jol i was sure we would go down, now i still think we will survive but it will be a very turbulent ride... and if we persist playing dempsey and rchardson IMO we are effectively playing with 9 1/2 players and berba continues to underwhelm despite his imense natural ability. I don't think people are actually fickle rather they are very worried and touchy because as supporters there is so little we can materially do to try and help.

Not seeing your point to question my fickle quote? If the majority of people one week say we're down and have no hope, then the next week say I can see us staying up now Burns, Hangers and Stek are back then yes I say that was being fickle.

fickle |ˈfɪk(ə)l| adjective
changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections: