more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Mackintosh/Khan/Meulensteen doubters are very quiet right now

Started by Julius Geezer, January 31, 2014, 03:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Baszab on January 31, 2014, 04:01:00 PM
I am still a doubter -- but I take it all back about the INTENT of the owner - we have put his money where our mouth is - we have signed some improvements - I don't take back my moan that this should have been done weeks ago when we needed reinforcements - we now have 14 (ex tomorrow) games left including first two v Man U and Lpool - it was still bad advice from the CEO not to get the funds released asap  - I don't accept the "last minute" argument - but I think/pray we have a good chance to escape this year if RM can gel the team quickly

Transfers can't happen until everyone agrees. If your selling or buying, your shopping around for the best value. Do you walk into a car dealership and say, I'll take that one and not ask the price? Wimbledon_White maned up and said he was wrong. Rather than qualify what you previously  stated, why not just be happy that something happened for the good?  

051 dah MAN!!!!!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

The doubters are still there, they will just moan that we didn't sign these players on Jan 1, as if the business is that simple.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 31, 2014, 04:10:20 PM
All they've proved is that they can spend money. Money which should of been spent in the summer. Let see the results of it first.
They've proved their commitment to the club by taking major steps to ensure our safety in the Premier League.

It's a big deal right now.

Of course we can put a negative spin on it and say "we haven't got the results yet", "that player could get injured first game", "they need time to intergrate" etc.

But the fact of the matter is we have strengthened well in the areas we desperately needed to.

They've backed up their talk and us as fans should recognise this.

We need to do our bit now - make these players feel at home and back the team to the very end.

Lighthouse

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 31, 2014, 04:54:47 PM
The doubters are still there, they will just moan that we didn't sign these players on Jan 1, as if the business is that simple.

No the doubters say we should have signed better quality over the season Al was selling the club. The fact we have waited until the last few hours when we are facing tough teams is a little late by anybodys standard.

Now we have a good coach and a forward worth lots of money and a few midfielders and Dempsey. Let's not start attacking the doubters even the really mad ones like me. Nothing has been proved either way. Let us enjoy today for tomorrow we moan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pluto

Obviously delighted with the signings but feel it's too late. Khan should've invested this much in the summer. It was clearly needed but we decided to "see how we get on". We couldn't afford to do that and now we're paying the price. It's Ali Mac's fault really as he should've known better.

But no matter, what's done is done. All we can so is get behind the team to give then the best possible chance of getting our of this mess.

Tonywa

Fabulous to see some really positive activity in the transfer market rather than picking up other team's discards and players looking for a lats payday before retirement.  Hope a decent LB is forthcoming as that would be an important acquisition.

Drake44444

grandad

Because I told Khan & Mackintosh to pull their fingers out we have done some good business. I don´t normally brag about these things but I will accept all your thanks.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Logicalman on January 31, 2014, 04:30:54 PM
Er, can we just let ourselves enjoy the moments that are coming fast at us rather than divisive threads?

It matters not who was moaning about the management, or who is 'proved' right or wrong, it matters that our club is going in the right direction, doesn't it?

(and before you go looking back at my posts, nope, I wasn't in either camp)  :033:

Exactly. This is a time to unite and feel optimistic rather than picking fights.

DeuceBigelow

With the players already joining and the speculation around a handful more signings this evening, we may well have had the best transfer window of all the Prem teams!
Riverside Block W

YankeeJim

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2014, 07:43:46 PM
Because I told Khan & Mackintosh to pull their fingers out we have done some good business. I don´t normally brag about these things but I will accept all your thanks.

Yes! Thank you for you insight. Now, if you'd just get off Dempsey......... :hook:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Peabody

What is important, is that we thank the moaners for getting FFC to go out and sign some players. As if.!

What is really important is that we give the new faces time, I agree, that we do not have a lot of that but we need to show a little patience.

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2014, 04:14:00 PM
Well all a bit late I would argue. Shame we couldn't have done it earlier.

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2014, 05:01:17 PM

No the doubters say we should have signed better quality over the season Al was selling the club. The fact we have waited until the last few hours when we are facing tough teams is a little late by anybodys standard.

You're right. MAF should have funded the signing of better players in the summer and/or January windows of 2012-13.

Yet it makes no sense to claim that your lament that we ought to have 'done it earlier' refers back to then and to that and to him. For this is a thread that is unmistakably about now and this and Khan, Rene and Mackintosh.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2014, 08:48:13 PM

You're right. MAF should have funded the signing of better players in the summer and/or January windows of 2012-13.

Yet it makes no sense to claim that your lament that we ought to have 'done it earlier' refers back to then and to that and to him. For this is a thread that is unmistakably about now and this and Khan, Rene and Mackintosh.

Well I am talking about the club. I have never questioned our new coach but have questioned our MD and Khan. One big money striker and one player on loan (plus one yesterday) May not be enough to save our season. So to attack other fans is a bit childish and one some fans seem to want to do. So carry on by all means. I can understand why some fans over react on both sides. But as you have proved. It is clearly on both sides. Shame fans just can't simply enjoy the day without trying to prove they are right. Especially when the proof isn't there yet.

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2014, 09:26:40 PM
Well I am talking about the club. I have never questioned our new coach but have questioned our MD and Khan. One big money striker and one player on loan (plus one yesterday) May not be enough to save our season. So to attack other fans is a bit childish and one some fans seem to want to do. So carry on by all means. I can understand why some fans over react on both sides. But as you have proved. It is clearly on both sides. Shame fans just can't simply enjoy the day without trying to prove they are right. Especially when the proof isn't there yet.

Again, I agree; in an ideal world, we'd all be jolly together at today's signings. The fact, however, that you felt the need to defend the 'doubters' shows that you could no more enjoy the day without trying to justify the legitimacy of your views than the next person.

Craven Mad

All things considered, that was a fantastic window. Yes, there's a lot of risk, but we now have a set of players that are far better than a month ago, younger too, and we're in a far better position to survive.

Mac, the managers, and the owners have to be commended for showing commitment to the fans and the club, by working some real deals. Many thanks..

The season starts now. COYW

The Rock

Quote from: Craven Mad on February 01, 2014, 11:32:29 AM
All things considered, that was a fantastic window. Yes, there's a lot of risk, but we now have a set of players that are far better than a month ago, younger too, and we're in a far better position to survive.

Mac, the managers, and the owners have to be commended for showing commitment to the fans and the club, by working some real deals. Many thanks..

The season starts now. COYW

Agreed. I am one of those doubters. Lets hope we've found the right players to stay up. Time will tell.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2014, 10:51:44 PM

Again, I agree; in an ideal world, we'd all be jolly together at today's signings. The fact, however, that you felt the need to defend the 'doubters' shows that you could no more enjoy the day without trying to justify the legitimacy of your views than the next person.

I had a great day yesterday. Didn't see it as a justification , just a fact. If we lose and some idiot puts up a thread title 'where are all you positive people now'. The reaction would be 'we are here'.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2014, 08:48:13 PM

It's ok, we'll let you apologise at the end of the season!

MrProphet

Yawn the self righteous comments on this thread are laughable

I apologise to Ali mac for my comments but based on previous history they where entirely justified. We have done great business,business that should have been done in the summer. These players need to hit the ground running because time is not something we have

COYW