watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Mackintosh/Khan/Meulensteen doubters are very quiet right now

Started by Julius Geezer, January 31, 2014, 03:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius Geezer

There's a long way to go yet but I believe, with a good left back before the window shuts, they have done everything they could to get the best players available at sensible prices.

I think Rene has done alot of persuading to get players in - credit to Rene!

HatterDon

they're not quiet. They're just moaning about somebody else -- probably Curbishly and Wilkins.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jeremyfulham

MiltonBurrows

Seeming like they have proved the doubters wrong. I was asking where the money was about 2 weeks ago, but they have shut me up, which i'm very happy about. Still more to come maybe as well?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Wimbledon_White

I humbly apologise to Mr. Khan.

I was wrong to question your intentions or intention to spend.

fulhamfever

I am not getting carried away I want to see how they settle its one thing signing for a team how they play once they step on pitch is another matter.

Baszab

I am still a doubter -- but I take it all back about the INTENT of the owner - we have put his money where our mouth is - we have signed some improvements - I don't take back my moan that this should have been done weeks ago when we needed reinforcements - we now have 14 (ex tomorrow) games left including first two v Man U and Lpool - it was still bad advice from the CEO not to get the funds released asap  - I don't accept the "last minute" argument - but I think/pray we have a good chance to escape this year if RM can gel the team quickly

Burt

There has been a fair bit of Khan/Ali Mac bashing going on recently.

The reality is that none of us know what is going on behind the scenes. So any comments are really borne out of frustration with our current league performance, and perceptions that we are not prepared to invest during the transfer window, rather than any inside intelligence in what they are doing.

This window is clearly a statement of intent... We are a premier league club, and want to remain in the top tier.

Time to get behind the team, and embark on another great escape.

COYW

Danitar

I never had an issue with Rene or khan. The issue I have is Ali Mac, if he had pulled his finger out we would've had this done days earlier and we wouldn't have had the stress of west ham potentially nicking him of us. To me all this shows is unless Ali Mac is put under pressure he really is too slow at getting deals done. As for khan I thought he would spend big as I have been saying before this is a guy who spent millions on getting a massive tv (bigger than 112 inches (you know what I'm talking about furby), the guy will spend money. As for Rene I think he's one best coaches we've ever had but I think Wilkins holds him back too much.

jj____

Not a doubter by any stretch.  But if I was playing devil's advocate, it did take a long time to get these signings in place and we did squander some points in some otherwise winnable fixtures.

SP

The abuse dished out to the likes of Senderos & Bent is ridiculous.  The personal abuse aimed at Jol was well OTT & now some forums are starting on Aaron Hughes.  Shameful.

Baszab

Personal abuse at Jol was entirely justified - he was arrogant at the club -  staff and players there will openly say he was the worst manager they have ever worked with

Jack Fulham

All they've proved is that they can spend money. Money which should of been spent in the summer. Let see the results of it first.

Furby

Quote from: fulhamfever on January 31, 2014, 03:58:38 PM
I am not getting carried away I want to see how they settle its one thing signing for a team how they play once they step on pitch is another matter.

Khan and Ali Mac have no control over that part, so get on the transfer party bus that's on its way to the cottage tomorrow and create a positive buzz around the ground

Burt

To those who are saying "Ali Mac should have pulled his finger out earlier"...

How exactly do you know what he has been doing? And when? He may have been on the case for far longer than any of us realise.

We just don't know.

Lighthouse

Well all a bit late I would argue. So doubters are very much still here but we are not going to keep on about it because so far we have been proved right. So don't start about doubters. We have brought in a striker and a few midfielders so far. Great news. Shame we couldn't have done it earlier.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamfever on January 31, 2014, 03:58:38 PM

That's quite irrelevant to Khan/Mackintosh doubting though, isn't it? They've bought in some very good players, and spent big on a highly rated striker in Europe.

Logicalman

Er, can we just let ourselves enjoy the moments that are coming fast at us rather than divisive threads?

It matters not who was moaning about the management, or who is 'proved' right or wrong, it matters that our club is going in the right direction, doesn't it?

(and before you go looking back at my posts, nope, I wasn't in either camp)  :033: