Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: aconnecticutyankee on February 05, 2014, 06:43:37 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 05, 2014, 04:16:02 PM
Quote from: aconnecticutyankee on February 05, 2014, 03:59:59 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 05, 2014, 03:37:33 PM
Quote from: aconnecticutyankee on February 05, 2014, 03:31:52 PM
Quote from: Berserker on February 05, 2014, 03:14:38 PM
Yes seems a tad unfair. I think he will re-organise in the summer, inc the management

If change comes and it's for the good I will sing his praises.

Still curious why you took such a personal tone with Mr. Khan. I think it's safe to say you don't know him now.

What is it that he's done so far that warrants your attack? Or is it all down to your playing on the paranoia that has been generated by the possibility of the NFL investing in London.

Is there paranoia about the NFL investing in London?

Within our fanbase there sure seems to have been plenty, if our little forum is indicative of the overall fanbase. You yourself exemplified that in your original post.

I apologize for calling Mr Kahn a "jerk" on this board, as you pointed out I do not know the man. I did not like his comments in the American press recently regarding the Jags taking a QB with their 1st round draft pick. It could be mis-direction on his part as they may have other motives, but I think owners should leave that to their GM's and HC. If you know American football I don't like Jerry Jones for that reason. It tends to hamstring the management in any sport. BTW I could care less if the NFL has a team in London as long as it's not the Giants. Ok, so Mr Kahn gets a pass. We will compare notes in a year or two.

I'm sure most all of us will be judging his impacts for quite some time. I just hope that it will mostly be praise.

With regard to the Jags, has Khan said anything more than the team will likely draft a QB? I pay very little attention to them, but their current options being Henne or Gabbert, would anyone else in football assume otherwise. They cannot improve their prospects going forward without investing in that position as soon as possible. Like you say the QB comments may be a diversion - one that attempts to drive up the value of that #3 pick and allows them to trade down for more picks. Possibly they plan on picking up a veteran in free agency (take a risk on McCown sp? or go with a stop gap like Vick) and then pick up a prospect in the later rounds. They've got lots of needs at several of the skill positions.

I do tend to agree that owners should be owners and let GMs speak to the players/potential players.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Robbie on February 05, 2014, 07:14:55 PM
Anyone who has been watching this club knows that our problems began about 18 months ago. Curiously (though not necessarily related) when Hangers took over as captain. The real reason is we lost the spine of the team, became too focused on Berbatov's "brilliance" and seemed to lose team spirit.

I believe our current problems began the day Roy considered leaving. We had an ageing squad capable of continuing to compete in this league while we invested in younger players (not teens and pre-teens) over time and kept the squad healthy. I also believe that Roy knew what every other manager eventually learned - that money for investment in the squad was drying up while MAF prepped the club for sale.

MikeW

"No one will care (or even detect it) if I switch my allegiance to another club

Actually, many would.  15 years makes you Fulhamish & faithful (I'm up to 51 so I think I can comment)

Stick with it old son and resist those Madrid people,
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MikeW on February 05, 2014, 07:23:27 PM
"No one will care (or even detect it) if I switch my allegiance to another club

Actually, many would.  15 years makes you Fulhamish & faithful (I'm up to 51 so I think I can comment)

Stick with it old son and resist those Madrid people,

Nobody says Madrid can't be a second club either. Sort of a front-runner choice though. I'd go with a club outside the top two. Might still win a championship one day and the victory would be all the more sweet.

copthornemike

I guess if guaranteed success is your criteria then Fulham have and never will never pass that test. We are a David compared to the Goliaths such as the other lot down Fulham Broadway who have bought success, and yes do have an inspirational manager.

But sometimes in life the bad times are needed to really appreciate the good times - and boy are we in the middle of some bad times.

I vividly recall the Great Escape year when we miserably lost at home to Sunderland, in the rain, after yet another false dawn. That made the experience of Danny Murphy's goal vs Portsmouth in the company of fellow Whites all the much sweeter.
Even the European Tour after the highs of the Ukraine & Basle away, Juventus & Hamburg at home had some bad times - away at Juventus and even the last five minutes of the Final itself (although I felt so proud a hour later after the initial disappointment).

So yes it is all so much crap at the moment - but whenever the next high appears (beating Chelsea at home, the Great Escape Mark II, promotion to the Premiership again, whatever,  that next high will be that much greater.

Pheww - I feel a little bit better after getting that off my chest.    At least I am not a Leeds supporter at the moment!