watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Football Manager 2014

Started by MiltonBurrows, February 06, 2014, 04:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiltonBurrows

Abit random, but wondering if people could help me out at all who have this game. Currently Dortmund, but i am struggling with them, one minute im beating bayern, next minute im drawing at home with Freiburg. Pretty new to currents FMs due to me playing 03/04 the majority of my life, but thought i'd give this seasons a whirl. Any help on tactics, formation and team instructions that have worked for people would be great.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

JackyFulham90

4-3-3 with Dortmund is the way to go

MJG

Rene if your going to come on this forum and ask for advice at least be honest and use your real name.

westcliff white

4-3-3 doesn't work for Fulham, best formation is to go 4-5-1 but push your wide players ahead of the central midfield 3.

Your welcome Rene, it helps get the ball in a lot quicker too that way (i.e. supply to the front man, its a novel idea but give it a go)
Every day is a Fulham day

Alexis

You also might want to have a private chat with Hangeland and threaten to strip him off his captaincy if his performance does not improve.
Fulham 来了!

Bassey the warrior

What are your team instruction settings?

N_O_W_S

In formations you need at least 3 formations that the team can play and are familiar with.

You then need to use them in the right situation. Every summer change the one formation the team plays worst with to something else.

New FM is clever in that it learns the formations you play and 'works out' how to play against you like real teams do!

K33NY

Quote from: westcliff white on February 06, 2014, 08:00:15 AM
4-3-3 doesn't work for Fulham, best formation is to go 4-5-1 but push your wide players ahead of the central midfield 3.

Your welcome Rene, it helps get the ball in a lot quicker too that way (i.e. supply to the front man, its a novel idea but give it a go)

I do quite well with 4-3-3 with Fulham in FM14 im no1 in the league as we speak btw :) allso I use:

4-4-2 with high wings and 4-2-3-1

Won the first season on the very last match, Berbatov top scorer and Dembele second, :) Burn scored 3 and Hangeland scored 3 :) bought a couple of players mid season and sold the old ones second season, bought a couple of very good players! :D

MiltonBurrows

L                    Weidenfeller (GK)                  R

Schmelzer (CWB) - Hummels (CB) - Balanta (CB) - Pasthalopolous (CWB)

Bender (A)

Sahin (DLP)    -  Veratti (CM)

Reus (IF)                                                   Blazukovyski  (W)

Lewandovski (DLF)

Team is set as fluid and attacking. Asking them to push higher up, hassle opponents, work ball into box and have a high tempo.

DukeTyrion

This is going to sound even more random.

But, if we do go down, I am looking forward to the version of Football Manager with us starting in the Championship.

K33NY

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on February 06, 2014, 12:44:37 PM

Bender (A)

Lewandovski (DLF)

Team is set as fluid and attacking. Asking them to push higher up, hassle opponents, work ball into box and have a high tempo.

if you use CWB, they only have a offensive role wich means pushing up high on the line to make crosses, I founf out my team was struggling with them, unless I set the instruction "Look for overlap" my W would then hold the ball more while CWB run pass and then the instruction "Pass into room" is usefull, cus my W would then send the ball infront of CWB and the cross it, but I did use a Offensive midfielder though who where in the box with my striker.

You should maybe use a OM (at least when at home matches) unless your striker will be very alone in the box, since your CM is a oure CM role, and the other a DLP, a DLP lies back not pushing alot forward, I would Set Veratti to either FLP (forward lying playmaker) or to a inner runner, at least he will give some support to your striker then. :)

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: K33NY on February 06, 2014, 12:53:13 PM

Bender (A)

Lewandovski (DLF)

if you use CWB, they only have a offensive role wich means pushing up high on the line to make crosses, I founf out my team was struggling with them, unless I set the instruction "Look for overlap" my W would then hold the ball more while CWB run pass and then the instruction "Pass into room" is usefull, cus my W would then send the ball infront of CWB and the cross it, but I did use a Offensive midfielder though who where in the box with my striker.

You should maybe use a OM (at least when at home matches) unless your striker will be very alone in the box, since your CM is a oure CM role, and the other a DLP, a DLP lies back not pushing alot forward, I would Set Veratti to either FLP (forward lying playmaker) or to a inner runner, at least he will give some support to your striker then. :)

So what would you set your team instructions as then? I may change the CWBs instructions to overlap in the next game then. I just find i'm ridiculously inconsistent, going on runs of 9 games without losing but then can't hit a barn door the next 5 games and lose every game 1-0.

Sammyffc

i refuse to play it anymore . it took over my life the last 2 games haha

K33NY

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on February 06, 2014, 01:01:51 PM
                                        L                    Weidenfeller (GK)                  R

Bender (A)

Sahin (DLP)    -  Veratti (CM)

Reus (IF)                                                   Blazukovyski  (W)

Lewandovski (DLF)

So what would you set your team instructions as then? I may change the CWBs instructions to overlap in the next game then. I just find i'm ridiculously inconsistent, going on runs of 9 games without losing but then can't hit a barn door the next 5 games and lose every game 1-0.

For this tactic, I would set the team Instructions:

Direct Passing
Passing in Room
Work ball into box
Play out of defence
Short crosses
Run towards defence

Look for Overlap

Play Wider
Stay higher

Hassle opponents
Stand on feet, instead of sliding tackles
Closer marking

Much higher tempo, as this wears out your opponent, and spreadnes out theire defence when you play wide
Be more expressive, especially if you have players with much creativity, these players gets more freedom on the field and can do even better :)

My mentality is Offensive and free fluid or whatever it is in english, if you meet better teams I tend to set it to strict fluid, your formation is more solid then!

callumc513

Quote from: DukeTyrion on February 06, 2014, 12:49:52 PM
This is going to sound even more random.

But, if we do go down, I am looking forward to the version of Football Manager with us starting in the Championship.

I sort of thought that yesterday, but instantly felt dirty.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: K33NY on February 06, 2014, 01:11:34 PM

Bender (A)

Lewandovski (DLF)

Direct Passing
Passing in Room
Work ball into box
Play out of defence
Short crosses
Run towards defence

Look for Overlap

Play Wider
Stay higher

Hassle opponents
Closer marking

Much higher tempo, as this wears out your opponent, and spreadnes out theire defence when you play wide
Be more expressive, especially if you have players with much creativity, these players gets more freedom on the field and can do even better :)

My mentality is Offensive and free fluid or whatever it is in english, if you meet better teams I tend to set it to strict fluid, your formation is more solid then!

Cheers for the help, i'll give it a go next match! You have experience playing this formation or is that just how you would play it?

Bassey the warrior

Bender (A)

Lewandovski (DLF)

This is my personal choice but I would change the complete wing backs to full backs with support instruction otherwise you'll get caught on the counter, also change Lewandowski to Advanced forward otherwise he won't get in the box enough, also this will push the opposition back as he'll press higher up the pitch.

Have three different tactics set up including one for the counter to use if you go down to 10 men or you face a superior team. Also so.etimes it's worth setting the team to stand off the opposition if they're very good at creating chances. Add pass into space, play out of defence and if your full backs are quick exploit the wings.

Changing the anchorman to regista will help if you find yourself struggling for possession. Also if you're facing a good team consider changing to control rather than attacking as you leave yourself less exposed.

Balanta is a quality player, good find there.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: The Moose on February 06, 2014, 01:17:22 PM

Bender (A)

Lewandovski (DLF)

This is my personal choice but I would change the complete wing backs to full backs with support instruction otherwise you'll get caught on the counter, also change Lewandowski to Advanced forward otherwise he won't get in the box enough, also this will push the opposition back as he'll press higher up the pitch.

Have three different tactics set up including one for the counter to use if you go down to 10 men or you face a superior team. Also so.etimes it's worth setting the team to stand off the opposition if they're very good at creating chances. Add pass into space, play out of defence and if your full backs are quick exploit the wings.

Changing the anchorman to regista will help if you find yourself struggling for possession. Also if you're facing a good team consider changing to control rather than attacking as you leave yourself less exposed.

Balanta is a quality player, good find there.

Consistency is my problem like i have said. What i've noticed is that all my goals that i concede are from crosses. But had a look on team instructions to see whether you can set an intsruction to stop them coming in but all i could see was tighter marking. The ironic thing is that i have beaten both shalke and bayern this season, but lose at home to teams like frankfurt with me having 25 shots to there 3 and losing 1-0.

And Balanta has been a quality find, 5 star potential. Got 41.5 m out of R.Madrid for Gundogan so thought id splash out on him and veratti.

K33NY

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on February 06, 2014, 01:17:12 PM
Quote from: K33NY on February 06, 2014, 01:11:34 PM

Bender (A)

Lewandovski (DLF)

Direct Passing
Passing in Room
Work ball into box
Play out of defence
Short crosses
Run towards defence

Look for Overlap

Play Wider
Stay higher

Hassle opponents
Closer marking

Cheers for the help, i'll give it a go next match! You have experience playing this formation or is that just how you would play it?

I have a very similar one, only difference is I use 3 CM instead, (1DLP, 1FLP, with offensive role, 1FLP with supportive role) and my wingers I use as high as possible, on line with strikers.

They have Winger with offensive role, and I use Nacer Chadli on left side, he just scored hat trick my last match, Berbatov as DLF scored 1, and my FLP wich is Ganso scores each match :) so my last match ended 4-0 ball possetion was 53/47 ans I had 18 shots on goal :P

K33NY

in a 4-3-3 formation this is my team:

L                    Stekelenburg (GK)                  R

Riether (Supprtive B) - Hangeland (CB with defensive role) - Burn (CB with stopper role (x)) - Rose/Briggs/Buttner (B with supportive role)

Parker (FLP with supportive role) - Fernandes (DLP, with deffensive role)   -  Ganso (FLP with offensive role)

Plumain/McManaman (W/IR with offensive role)                Berbatov (DLF with offensive role)                  Chadli/Kacaniclic (W/IR with offensive role)