https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou not yet ready

Started by Zu-Meister, February 11, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius Geezer

Wise decision.

Let him recover fully from surgery.

It's not worth risking losing Mitroglou for even longer.

westcliff white

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 11, 2014, 01:39:28 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
cant see that we can play the same team, liverpool do not just pump in crosses from wide areas. this could be more of a game for a traditional back 4 with 5 across the middle of the park to make the space in between the defence and midfield smaller

I think we play the same team but playing as you suggest. Tunnicliffe and Richardson protecting the full backs. Three central midfielders and a striker. I don't see any reason to change personnel.
I see what you are saying but i am not sure with Liverpool if it is the full backs that need assistance. Think we need to pack the middle, the 3 central guys with maybe with a more natural right sided player.
I think who we play up front will dictate if there are no or more than one change. If we play with 6 midfield players like Sunday then I can see it being unchanged. Tank played ok, I didn't think he was as good as some posters did, then maybe he can play wide on the 5 with Tunni, Kvist and Sidwell in the middle and Richardson on the left, leaving holtby as the further forward player. I have a feeling Parker may get back in for this one and maybe bent will start
Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

I think part of our problem all season is full backs bombing forward without adequate cover. I think Tunnicliffe and Richardson wide is a no brainer for that reason no matter who we're playing.

If (when?) we go behind wingers can be brought on.

Kvist Sidwell and Holtby must play so that leaves one space and I'd play a nominal striker. Rodallega's thrown his toys out of the pram so it pretty much has to be Bent or Tankovic.

Mitroglol

WBA will be in for a funeral it seems so.

Danitar

To be fair bent scored so I would want to see if he can score regularly. I am praying for this to happen one day. I hope your right mitroglol about him, at this rate he's going to watch more Fulham matches than he is playing in them.

Blanco

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on February 11, 2014, 01:57:26 PM
I'm not unhappy with Bent and Tank sharing the honours up front like on Sunday.

What other choice do we have? If Kostas isn't ready Rene can't play him. Like someone has said above me, there is no point putting him against liverpool in the state of fitness he is in.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: JBH on February 11, 2014, 01:48:11 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 11, 2014, 01:35:58 PM
Starting think this Mitroglou signing was completely pointless. Play 10 games max and take 6 weeks to settle in,great business.

Amore is awful aswell.

I think it was a shrewd move, get him fit and scoring goals from WBA to end of season, if we stay up he stays if not we cash in for a fee above what we paid for him, Win Win  065.gif

You presume that he will be fit for the West Brom game! If not, will it be such a shrewd move?

Count Berbatov

A couple of more games missing and his  dream to play in the best "championship" might might become inevitable
All the jokes aside, it must be very frustrating for everyone, he's here to help and yet unavailable. No point in rushing him of course and risking his health
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

jarv

Our (not so quick) full backs do need protection against the pace of Liverpool front 3 I think. It is going to be another tense 90 minutes.

nixie-ffc

we dont know the ins and outs of his contract maybe he has got a clause in there stating if we were to be relegated he is free to talk to other clubs or something of a similar nature.  :012:

Count Berbatov

Quote from: jarv on February 11, 2014, 05:01:42 PM
Our (not so quick) full backs do need protection against the pace of Liverpool front 3 I think. It is going to be another tense 90 minutes.
I think the team should be the same, or the concept at least. No real number one. Just tight in defense.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Dempsey

what's the reason? we bought him to pay him but not to play with him? what is this poo?

Baszab

Sorry but as I said at the time - how can this be a "shrewd" buy - we paid top-price on the last day of the window - if we had been watching/negotiating then why not buy on 1st January ? -- and then he's not fit for 2 weeks minimum --  it's a panic buy and illogical -- at least the 2 Man Utd kids/Heitinga/Holtby were clever enough signings to make up for Mitroglou

westcliff white

we didnt buy him early in jan for 2 reasons one he was injured until around 9th Jan when he made his comeback, 2 we bid for him early and the price is higher. Dont understand the negativity considering the result without him on Sunday.

Baszab

I don't agree that the price would have been higher - it was the asking price

westcliff white

nope, they wanted close on 30 million euros at the start of jan, west ham and everton were told that when there 10 million bids were rejected. that was reported. That's why west ham came back in when they saw we agreed a fee of around 12.5 million.

Olympicos need cash like most clubs / businesses in Greece, they took the highest bid they got, thankfully ours.

edit... just to add, Rene basically said they could not believe he was in our scope when we had our offer accepted, as previously he wasnt.

Baszab

You are correct - I didn't mean "asking" price - I meant the accepted "market-place" price !!

nixie-ffc

why didnt we get someone like sneijder (galatasaray paid a fee of £6 million) or drogba (£4 million) but paid 12 million for a guy nobody has heard of before? hoping he is as good as they say he is. cant wait to see him in action.

westcliff white

they accepted the best price they could get, it was late and it worked for us, personally i dont think it was too bad a price and when fit he could be a very good addition

westcliff white

Quote from: nixie-ffc on February 11, 2014, 05:32:07 PM
why didnt we get someone like sneijder (galatasaray paid a fee of £6 million) or drogba (£4 million) but paid 12 million for a guy nobody has heard of before? hoping he is as good as they say he is. cant wait to see him in action.

1 reason for the first two names was wages, far to much for us both on way over 100k per week.

secondly Mitroglou is not an unkown player, the guy is very well known in european football