https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou not yet ready

Started by Zu-Meister, February 11, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danitar

Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 05:34:10 PM
Quote from: nixie-ffc on February 11, 2014, 05:32:07 PM
why didnt we get someone like sneijder (galatasaray paid a fee of £6 million) or drogba (£4 million) but paid 12 million for a guy nobody has heard of before? hoping he is as good as they say he is. cant wait to see him in action.

1 reason for the first two names was wages, far to much for us both on way over 100k per week.

secondly Mitroglou is not an unkown player, the guy is very well known in european football

:plus one:

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: nixie-ffc on February 11, 2014, 05:32:07 PM
why didnt we get someone like sneijder (galatasaray paid a fee of £6 million) or drogba (£4 million) but paid 12 million for a guy nobody has heard of before? hoping he is as good as they say he is. cant wait to see him in action.

Presumably this comment was a joke? We didn't get either Sneijder or Drogba (were they even available?) because their wages are about 3X more than any player we currently have at the club. Mitroglu is on £40k a week, half of what Berbatov was on. He's younger, hungrier, and was offered more money by West Ham but was honest and faithful to his word and came to Fulham for less.

I think it is right we save him for West Brom. Think of this scenario... We play him tomorrow against Liverpool. All of the staff, Mitroglou included, know he is not yet fit and ready, but they want to appease the fans. He then gets injured because he isn't ready, and he's then out for 3/4/5/6 weeks with whatever he has picked up in the game. How much angrier and frustrated will everyone be if that happened, than if we rested him in a tough game this week and gave him a 10 day break before introducing him against a fellow struggling club? I think it makes much more sense, and I for one am delighted we have him on our books. By all accounts he's a great player who is relishing his chance to shine at the top level, and if he can get up to speed and start linking up with Holtby he really could help fire us to safety.

Baszab

What irked me is that if FFC knew £10m was a rejected offer and they had - using our CEO's brilliant financial mind  - worked out that £12.5m was roughly the going rate - why not bid £13.5 early Jan so he could have had a chance of playing earlier for us .. on the other hand if he was known to be injured until 3rd week in Feb it just seems illogical -- meanwhile let's all pray he's a brilliant goalscorer

westcliff white

Bang on BBP, i said before the Man Utd game we would not risk him prior WBA
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

BAZAB because Olympicos came out and said they would not accept below 30 million euros, they told that to west ham and Everton, late on there hands were tied, so they accepted roughly half.

I dont see whats hard to get about that. the later you wait the cheaper a club who needs to sell will release a player. they had to sell Saviola or Mitro, no one bid on saviola

nixie-ffc

according to wiki both drogba and sneijder are on less money compared to berbatov (if berbatov was on 80k). didnt say why didnt we buy those two specific players i said why didnt we buy someone like sneijder or drogba. that point aside im willing to bet that most people in this forum wouldnt have heard of the greek before the january transfer window.

Baszab

I just about get it  - I just think that clever negotiators in business can work around stupid kite-flying prices and football is no different !! - I  think the whole transfer window search of a striker was managed poorly - it was an absolute priority known to everyone at the club they had to boost that position as Berbatov had told them he was off in late December  - and all they got is Dempsey !

Mitroglol

Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 05:42:37 PM
BAZAB because Olympicos came out and said they would not accept below 30 million euros, they told that to west ham and Everton, late on there hands were tied, so they accepted roughly half.

I dont see whats hard to get about that. the later you wait the cheaper a club who needs to sell will release a player. they had to sell Saviola or Mitro, no one bid on saviola

Woah mate, where did all this come from?
Olympiakos' financial state is brilliant, we didn't need to sell anyone.
We were very surprised and angry at our management that sold our best project just before the man.u CL games and 4 months before the WC in brazil.

So, the only reason the transfer happened was mitroglou wanting some top league football.
Basically he was tired of our previous coach loaning him to bad greek clubs and when he show the opportunity for some BPL action he took it.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: nixie-ffc on February 11, 2014, 05:49:25 PM
according to wiki both drogba and sneijder are on less money compared to berbatov (if berbatov was on 80k). didnt say why didnt we buy those two specific players i said why didnt we buy someone like sneijder or drogba. that point aside im willing to bet that most people in this forum wouldnt have heard of the greek before the january transfer window.

Wiki will know.

westcliff white

Quote from: Mitroglol on February 11, 2014, 06:19:54 PM

We were very surprised and angry at our management that sold our best project just before the man.u CL games and 4 months before the WC in brazil.

So, the only reason the transfer happened was mitroglou wanting some top league football.
Basically he was tired of our previous coach loaning him to bad greek clubs and when he show the opportunity for some BPL action he took it.
i only repeated what was printed in the European press, don't shoot the messenger, i was personally surprised they were selling him and so cheap. i was in the ground when he ripped Anderlecht apart this season. he was a different class to ant one on the pitch

hovewhite

If we can get results even draws v pool and man u to get him 100℅ fit for west brom without him tweaking the old injury that's the best thing for the team and club surely.

BishopsParkFantastic

It is irrelevant how good a player was before he joined us, if he is not fit enough or adapted to play for us. It is possible we have played a club record fee for a player who isn't fit enough to play .....until when? It's no good making an impact when it's too late, with Fulham getting relegated, whilst he's negotiating his way into another premiership club. To me, it all seems a panic buy. The fact is we do not  now have an experienced, effective striker as back up.... Where do our goals come from?

BedsFFC

Quote from: Mitroglol on February 11, 2014, 06:19:54 PM

Why was he loaned to bad greek clubs?

Mitroglol

He took a penalty against the coach's orders in a CL qualifier, against a team we were supposed to obliterate, which he missed, lol.
We lost that game 3-0 and our 2-0 home win left us out of europe early and our coach( whos now coaching bilbao) was done with him, sad story.
This season, is the first in his career he enjoyed first team football and look what he has done, he's monstrous I tell you, xD.

BestOfBrede

Poor bloke has no chance settling in here with some of our 'supporters'
Blimey, if he don't get a hat trick in his first few games he will get the famous FFC (Fulham Fan Coos!)

(Boos doesn't make FFC!)

Admin

Rene' blatantly made the point of saying that he's an 'investment', which says to me he must be hot property. If we stay up and he bags us a few goals, brilliant, if we go down, I'm sure the club have put a buy out clause in his contract meaning we'll make a profit. I don't see where there's a panic buy here at all. Now if we had spent say 6 million on grant Holt  :dft001:   

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Admin on February 11, 2014, 09:19:27 PM
Rene' blatantly made the point of saying that he's an 'investment', which says to me he must be hot property. If we stay up and he bags us a few goals, brilliant, if we go down, I'm sure the club have put a buy out clause in his contract meaning we'll make a profit. I don't see where there's a panic buy here at all. Now if we had spent say 6 million on grant Holt  :dft001:   
That actually makes sense. It's a pure speculation, but makes sense
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

BishopsParkFantastic

I was wondering about Rene's thinking in buying Kosta. Perhaps it's like this: If he doesn't get fit enough to play this season, and we get relegated then we loan him out at £2million a season to a premiership club for the next 7 years - which will end up giving us a handsome £1.5million profit  :008:

Blanco

Quote from: nixie-ffc on February 11, 2014, 05:49:25 PM

I watched him in the World Cup qualifiers and Champions League this year and last. I was impressed but it obviously never ever crossed my mind we would sign him. I just saw him as a great new talent. I made a few bets on him to score and he always came through. xD

I also bought him in fifa XD

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 11, 2014, 09:14:41 PM
Poor bloke has no chance settling in here with some of our 'supporters'
Blimey, if he don't get a hat trick in his first few games he will get the famous FFC (Fulham Fan Coos!)

(Boos doesn't make FFC!)

Has to pull a POG
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996