watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could Martin Jol have saved us?

Started by Andy S, February 23, 2014, 10:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I'm not saying Martin Jol wasn't the cause of our problems this season however nobody could have predicted how badly this group of players was going to play. If we had kept jol and given him a good transfer window, could he have saved us

ffc73

No

He should have gone last summer or even last spring

Denver Fulham

Martin Jol is the reason we're like this. How would he have saved us with another window of poor purchases and no workable on-field strategy?

I'll never get over him saying Fulham "had to suffer" against the top teams in the league. As if every other team near the bottom hasn't gotten unforeseen points like Norwich did today. Disgraceful attitude for the manager of a club that made a European final 12 months before he arrived and has had plenty of home success until he destroyed everything.

RaySmith

But Jol was doing all right until the two D's were sold under his nose, and he had to work on a restricted budget and rely on loanees and veterans.

epsomraver

Fulham76

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

...No, no and no, what, give him more money - for what, so that he can buy more misfit players to play his negative football? Jol has already ruined Fulham for me and had he stayed, I wouldn't of until he'd gone...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Admin

No, and keeping hold of him for the time we did will possibly be our downfall this season.   

nose

no

selling dempsey and dembele were not the reason jol was useless.... not playing proper tactics, making insane descisions, purchasing worng player for the wrong reasons, falling out with lewington, falling out with anyone being overated and always underachieving, the man was awful from day one and the many apologists for him were really not helping fulham at all.

Admin

I'm sorry, the man was a cancer, and the club became sole-less because of him. Never in my Fulham supporting life did I feel an atmosphere like it, even in the poor old days where we all at least used to stick together.

Fernhurst

Andy S ..... Behave  096.gig your winding us up right?????

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SimpleTactics

He is the reason we are in this mess. This is his legacy.

tonynorton

Pluto

God no. He is a complete disgrace and should have left a long time before he finally did. Our worst manager in the PL era when you consider the downfall in quality of the team from when he arrived to when he finally left. Even Simon Davies described him on Twitter recently as "shocking" which shows what the players, who worked with him every day, thought about his abilities.

St Eve

The reason we are in this mess is due to a lack of spending. Jol may not have been the answer but he was not the problem

jarv

It's all been said, but I have to add my piece...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JBH

Jol was the problem not the solution  :doh:

Holders

Quote from: St Eve on February 24, 2014, 02:45:58 AM
The reason we are in this mess is due to a lack of spending. Jol may not have been the answer but he was not the problem

Could Jol have saved us, given the January window? No! He had the summer window during which Khan said that he gave him everything he wanted - and look what happened. The lack of spending was in the latter days of Fayed, Khan has come up with the goods. The problem was the nature of the acquisitions ("you have to get them when they're bad") and their clue-less application on the pitch. With the benefit of hindsight, Jol should have been sent packing after last season.

"It's too early to worry - we'll be fine" - M. Jol.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria