watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Lie detector test

Started by Count Berbatov, February 28, 2014, 07:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Berbatov

I just passed one not long ago. It's not like in a movie, where they show it if it's like 10 min. that thing goes on for like 2 hours and more
There's absolutely no chance you can cheat it. In my case I said the truth and prove my innocence. But believe me they'll catch you if you are lying
Anyone else have experience with lie detectors?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RaySmith

No I haven't - they featured quite strongly in Homeland.

I don't believe they can successfully tell if someone is lying - all they can measure is a physical response, that may be caused by anxiety.

I don't think they lie detector tests results are acceptable evidence in a British court of law, if they were  I think it would be a travesty.

That's my personal opinion , anyway - others are free to disagree.

nixie-ffc

why did you have to pass a lie detector test?

PokerMatt

Will we be seeing you on Jeremy Kyle any time soon?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

epsomraver

Quote from: Count Berbatov on February 28, 2014, 07:25:45 AM
I just passed one not long ago. It's not like in a movie, where they show it if it's like 10 min. that thing goes on for like 2 hours and more
There's absolutely no chance you can cheat it. In my case I said the truth and prove my innocence. But believe me they'll catch you if you are lying
Anyone else have experience with lie detectors?

What did you say when they asked if you are a Fulham supporter and not just a troll?

Berserker

Oh that's not fair, the Count is not a troll. Yes he supports The Mu, and he came here as a Berber supporter, but Fulham has a place in his heart now.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Mind you I'm curious about the lie detector test, is it common place in America then. I'd be crap at it, I always looked guilty in assemblies at school even though I had done no wrong
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Just out of curiosity Mr Count, why were you in the position of having to take a lie detector test? And we want an honest answer, of course... !

Lighthouse

I took one a few years ago. Oh no wait I never have taken one. It was all a lie.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 28, 2014, 11:26:00 AM
I took one a few years ago. Oh no wait I never have taken one. It was all a lie.

You've impressively managed to both pass and fail that one. Good work.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Count Berbatov

Quote from: RaySmith on February 28, 2014, 07:44:13 AM
No I haven't - they featured quite strongly in Homeland.

I don't believe they can successfully tell if someone is lying - all they can measure is a physical response, that may be caused by anxiety.

I don't think they lie detector tests results are acceptable evidence in a British court of law, if they were  I think it would be a travesty.

That's my personal opinion , anyway - others are free to disagree.
They shouldn't be. It's not an exact science. But they could be used in interrogations as part of getting more information out of rather than using it as an evidence against one
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on February 28, 2014, 11:15:08 AM
Oh that's not fair, the Count is not a troll. Yes he supports The Mu, and he came here as a Berber supporter, but Fulham has a place in his heart now.

Sorry Mrs B, the forum says Friends of Fulham, not friends of Berbatov, he has gone and so should the count be gone also, we have had this discussion over and over, this is not just a general  football forum for all and sundry it is for Fulham fans only, , yes you get Licker on here and the occasional away fan coming in peace before a game but that is all there should be, there was a Liverpool supporter on here in Finn's day that used to drive him and a lot more  mad, he was dispatched so why not the count? That is my opinion I am sure others will have theirs too.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: nixie-ffc on February 28, 2014, 09:19:00 AM
why did you have to pass a lie detector test?

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 28, 2014, 09:25:47 AM
Will we be seeing you on Jeremy Kyle any time soon?

Quote from: Burt on February 28, 2014, 11:23:56 AM
Just out of curiosity Mr Count, why were you in the position of having to take a lie detector test? And we want an honest answer, of course... !

I'd like to keep the reasons private. But as part of the process of hiring you, certain businesses require you to take one. Plus cops and detectives do good business offering those services on the side. Companies, families, anybody can seek their help.
And no, you won't be seeing me on any of those shows... I actually recognized all my children. It was just one big party. I had too much to drink. One thing led to another... :-D

Count Berbatov

Quote from: epsomraver on February 28, 2014, 11:48:17 AM

Sorry Mrs B, the forum says Friends of Fulham, not friends of Berbatov, he has gone and so should the count be gone also, we have had this discussion over and over, this is not just a general  football forum for all and sundry it is for Fulham fans only, , yes you get Licker on here and the occasional away fan coming in peace before a game but that is all there should be, there was a Liverpool supporter on here in Finn's day that used to drive him and a lot more  mad, he was dispatched so why not the count? That is my opinion I am sure others will have theirs too.
Out of curiosity. How old are you Epsomraver?

JHaynes Paperboy

Oh that's not fair, the Count is not a troll. Yes he supports The Mu, and he came here as a Berber supporter, but Flam has a place in his heart now.

Sorry Mrs B, the forum says Friends of Flam, not friends of Berbatov, he has gone and so should the count be gone also, we have had this discussion over and over, this is not just a general  football forum for all and sundry it is for Fulham fans only, , yes you get Licker on here and the occasional away fan coming in peace before a game but that is all there should be, there was a Liverpool supporter on here in Finn's day that used to drive him and a lot more  mad, he was dispatched so why not the count? That is my opinion I am sure others will have theirs too.

EDITED OUT DUE TO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE/PERSONAL ABUSE.

Not the FoF way...

F(f)CUK

Could not disagree more.  As long as people are respectful and talk about matters that are Fulham related (rather than lie detector tests) then they should be welcome.  Away supporters only get thrown out of the home end when they obviously cheer away goals.  

I would like to believe that we are a friendly and welcoming club and supporters and long may it stay that way.

Count Berbatov

Anyway, mods please put NFR in the title of the thread. So there's no confusion. I simply forgot and am posting from my phone, so I don't think I can do it from it

Count Berbatov

Just an idea. On Redcafe and other forums for that matter, there's dedicated sections of subforums if you want, where people can discuss non football matters. Say a football forum. A general one. Fulham players one etc.

simplyfulham

Congratulations on that opinion Epsom, you must have worked hard to get it. Good luck with it!

TonyGilroy

I've never had a problem with anything Count Berbatov posts - he's a long way down my hit list.