more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MAGATH PRESS CONFERENCE NOTES

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 28, 2014, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

We were sold a pup we were.

Look our club has totally messed up this season in all areas, which in fact probably started the season before, and this is just another example.  If we do go down it's because the club deserves to by their actions
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

horse1031

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 28, 2014, 01:56:19 PM
Most annoying is that Jol said we looked but didn't go in for Boney (to play a whole season) because he was outside our budget for the same price we paid for Mitro(for 12 games at best), there is logic there somewhere, like to see Ali Mac explain that decision. Bony must be worth £18/20m now.

Wilfred is class...  a bruising and powerful striker that can hold the ball up.

Mitroglou will come good but he is not fit and looked like it when he came on against West Brom.  I think he needs to get game time is the problem but he is out of his depth in the prem right now.

I think Hugo will start again.  Magath likes players that work hard and press and Rodallega can run the channels.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Berserker on February 28, 2014, 02:21:59 PM
We were sold a pup we were.

Look our club has totally messed up this season in all areas, which in fact probably started the season before, and this is just another example.  If we go do down it's because the club deserves to by their actions

Couldn't agree more. The chances we had and when all the angst over the January transfer window I really thought we would at least bring in players who could step into the side and be an improvement. But we failed yet again. So fed up with the way our club has been run over the last few seasons. A disgrace.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Zu-Meister

Kostas Mitroglou has been ruled out of Fulham's squad for tomorrow's west London derby.

The January arrival from Olympiakos made his debut as a second-half substitute in last weekend's draw with West Brom after overcoming a niggling knee injury.

However, boss Felix Magath says the Greek striker won't be included because he's not up to speed with the intensity of Premier League football.

Fernando Amorebieta and Damien Duff also miss out as the Cottagers bid to cause an upset against Jose Mourinho's league leaders.

Darren Bent could replace Hugo Rodallega in attack after missing the clash at The Hawthorns for personal reasons.

"Fernando Amorebieta has a muscle problem and hasn't trained this week, so he's not ready," said Magath.

"Mitroglou is developing and I think next week we can count on him. The game against Chelsea will come too early.

"Damien Duff is still injured. The rest are looking forward to Chelsea."

JBH

I think its a shrewd move by felix not to risk him v Chelsea

Slaphead in Qatar

Hull purchased long and jelavic who are already scoring goals for them. We loaned our striker to monaco and spent 11mil on a crock. Dear oh dear, what a disastrous season this has been

Classic94

What a farce. We may as well not bothered signing the bloke.

Zu-Meister

"He doesn't have an injury, he has a lack of fitness," he explained. "The Premier League is not the same as the Greek league. He's a very dangerous striker, sure, but in this league here you need to be fit to come into a situation where you can score and defend. We need him to be able to work hard for 90 minutes and at the moment he can't do that, but I'm convinced that he will belong to the squad next week."

psand22

Did you really think that Mitro needed to start this week?  After his performance last week, he's obviously not ready.  Magath and everyone could see that.  I'll agree that it looks like the powers that be dropped the ball, but knee injuries don't always heal at the same rate.  He's not going to make all of the games, but he'll make a difference in the run in.  

westcliff white

I think last week they were seeing how ready he was, missing Chelsea to play 7 the next makes sense, maybe he will get a run out for the 21's.

He clearly is a goal scorer, good news is bent is available after personal issues;)
Every day is a Fulham day

Legate21

I'm not really sure why people are surprised. It fits perfectly with the way everything else has gone this season.

Absolute nightmare.

cmg

Having seen quite a lot of stuff ranging from the slightly mind-boggling to the out-and-out Fred Karno's in my years of suffering, I tend to avoid moaning.

However there are a couple of things currently irking me about our beloved club right at this moment.

The Mitroglou business seems to be something of a fiasco. If he is injured we had no business buying him in the first place and we certainly shouldn't have then put him on the field last week. If he is not fit, then why not? His former team mates didn't seem much lacking in fitness against Premier League oppo this week.

We should have a bit more information. As we should about our junior sides.

Quite a few of us, who live in the vicinity, make it to Motspur Park whenever we can, and most rewarding it is, too. The u21s are at this moment playing Stoke away (as informed by the website). But there is not an iota of information to be gleaned from any FFC source. The score is 0-0 at HT, but the only source of info seems to be the Stoke twitter outlet and they, understandably, have recorded only their team. Not a word from Fulham. Very poor stuff.

RaySmith

Not injured then,but not up to Prem speed. This could happen with any player bought from abroad, the only problem is that we haven't got much time.

But I expect Hugo or Bent to step up to the plate, and score tomorrow.

Classic94

Quote from: psand22 on February 28, 2014, 03:01:50 PM
Did you really think that Mitro needed to start this week?  After his performance last week, he's obviously not ready.  Magath and everyone could see that.  I'll agree that it looks like the powers that be dropped the ball, but knee injuries don't always heal at the same rate.  He's not going to make all of the games, but he'll make a difference in the run in.  

In our position, we needed someone to come in and have an immediate impact i.e. Jelavic at Hull. Instead we've shelled 12 million on a guy who is nowhere close to match fit. This is absolutely suicidal. I like Rodallega, but if we're relying on him to dig us out of trouble then we're toast. Our club is being run by a bunch of imbeciles.

Baszab

I hate to say I told you so but FACT - it was a panic buy by AM - they knew he was injured - total shambles - but worse is that he is not injured anymore, he has just been rubbish in training/U21 games - has no energy can't run and can't jump - typified by  his first touch at WBA - a pathetic handball as the ball passed him buy and he couldn't control it.

AM must also carry the can for both Jol and RM fiascos - although credit due for recruiting Magath

MJG

Not at all surprised he is not involved. I was quite shocked at how unfit he looked last week even during the HT warmup.
I'd go as  far as saying that in 35 years I don't think I have seen a player less ready fitness wise for a game than he was.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Two Ton Ted

4 weeks into a four and half year deal is a big early to say he was a waste of money.

He needs to be fit for next week, that's the game that matters.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

bill taylors apprentice

In the transfer window we are desperate to get players in to turn our season around and this is what we end up with.

Two untried but promising youngsters are persuaded to sign, but are unlikely to set the world on fire, and now they are gone.

Heitinga was a good shout but he will be gone come the start of next season.

Mitro's signing is more bizarre with every day that goes by. Needing a replacement for Berbatov at the very least, we end up with player who can't get in the team.

And Kvist who is an improvement but was not a priority.

So Why TF did we bother.    

Mitroglol

I don't think Kostas is unfit anymore, after all he was playing with us just fine before he received a casual knock right before you guys bought him.

I just think that Felix wants to protect him from another game where fulham won't cross the middle and throwing him head on upon cardiff.
If he's really not fit someone from your management team needs to be fired.

Admin

I have just heard (from a reliable-ish source) that the Greek has been placed on a 12 day intensive fitness program by Felix & Co, deemed to terribly unfit, not injured.