Main Menu

MAGATH PRESS CONFERENCE NOTES

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 28, 2014, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: FPT on February 28, 2014, 08:24:37 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 28, 2014, 08:09:17 PM
Quote from: FPT on February 28, 2014, 05:24:42 PM
It's been explained fairly and reasonably. He's close, but not up to speed yet for a game we need every single player to put in 100%. But yeah, let's all make a mountain out of a molehill.

He's fine to play, but it wouldn't be fair to him to chuck him tomorrow, we did it with Bryan Ruiz, we chucked him in against Blackburn and he looked out of his depth, to make that even fairer to Mitroglou, Ruiz was 100% fit. What are you lot like? And some people ask me why I leave the board for periods. Zzzzzzz....

Of course, it has been explained that the poor thing just can't possiby lead the line for us after having cost c.11mil

He can, he just needs extra fitness training to improve sharpness because the Premier League is the quickest and most ferocious is the world. He'll be fine, as I said above "I feel like 20th spot has become a sign of impossibility and desperation. It's not the case, we need to support and calm the fudge down."
Surely there is only one way for him to get prem match fit and that is to start him for at least 45 minutes at a time? he cannot get match sharp on the training ground.

YoungsBitter

Well he looked pretty much off the pace against the Baggies, in fact he reminded me of Bent's earlier run outs. I am actually happy to have Bent back as I thought against Liverpool he worked hard and I assume Hugo will not start and Darren will. Sounds strange to say that but against Terry I would feel better with Bent. I also thought the pointed questions from Sarah Brooks were as if she had been reading this forum - all the grief about sending out Cole and Tunnicliffe. He said squad was too large and needs to get them focused and obviously felt he would rather have those two playing somewhere than getting splinters in the arises and too many people in front of them, sure they can be called back if the people in the line ahead get injured. Just hope he starts Kvist and not Parker...
Quark, strangeness and charm

Neil D

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2014, 01:35:11 PM

A reported £12m for player in the January window who is not fit to play by 1st March indicates that a huge mistake has been made or that we have been conned.

That sums it up.

rockieroad

Bad situation. Wish the reported Finnbogason deal went through.

nixie-ffc

this feels like paying top dollar for a luxury second hand car up front but you are told you have to wait a few months before you can drive it as it needs repairs and a major service and a new mot and a full valet and it is a cut and shut. you'll go nuts.

was this guy the best 10-15 million could buy? i hope so for all our sakes.

Admin

I believe there is something in the Mitroglou deal that most of don't know about. When signed, Rene' let the cat out of the bag by saing he was an 'investment'. I wonder if he has a big sell on clause, or is a bit like Remi.

itombomb

Any player we buy is an investment, whether they are a good one or not depends on what they produce. If they are a good investment, then chances are someone will buy them off us at some stage as we will never be in a position to retain our best players for long.

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 28, 2014, 01:33:02 PMHe may well be our trump card next season.
If we go down he'll probably be loaned out to a PL side like QPR did with Remy.

the nutflush

I am utterly staggered beyond belief that we could spend a club record fee on a striker that the new manager describes as "not good enough for the premier league".  Heads have to roll.  Ali Mac clear out your desk.