watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MAGATH PRESS CONFERENCE NOTES

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 28, 2014, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

It's been explained fairly and reasonably. He's close, but not up to speed yet for a game we need every single player to put in 100%. But yeah, let's all make a mountain out of a molehill.

He's fine to play, but it wouldn't be fair to him to chuck him tomorrow, we did it with Bryan Ruiz, we chucked him in against Blackburn and he looked out of his depth, to make that even fairer to Mitroglou, Ruiz was 100% fit. What are you lot like? And some people ask me why I leave the board for periods. Zzzzzzz....

Julius Geezer

You lot are like old women!

He's not match fit yet, end of.

He came to us off the back of a bad knee injury that involved surgery to get it fixed.

We knew what we were getting.

Don't panic - we're staying up alright!

We'll see plenty more of Mitroglou yet!

epsomraver

Surely another 90 minutes with the U21 s would have been in order if match fitness is the problem, no sign of him on reports though?

Admin

Quote from: epsomraver on February 28, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
Surely another 90 minutes with the U21 s would have been in order if match fitness is the problem, no sign of him on reports though?

He 'strolled' though the entirety of the under 21's game against Leicester, and his minutes against WBA proved he is far from match fit. 

epsomraver

Quote from: Admin on February 28, 2014, 05:55:24 PM

He 'strolled' though the entirety of the under 21's game against Leicester, and his minutes against WBA proved he is far from match fit. 

Scott, I was there , he had sweet FA to do, the service to him was so poor, not a good example

nose

very good, very interesting especially candid with regard to mitroglu.... clearly must have been unfit last week.

Blanco

It is a shame he can't play but I'd rather him have another week of conditioning before heading to Cardiff than risking it against a much tougher defense tomorrow. Still, everyone is right in questioning why we bought him. Could be worse though, we could be without a new striker!

049:gif

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 28, 2014, 05:39:23 PM
You lot are like old women!

He's not match fit yet, end of.

He came to us off the back of a bad knee injury that involved surgery to get it fixed.

We knew what we were getting.

Don't panic - we're staying up alright!

We'll see plenty more of Mitroglou yet!
:plus one:

terryr

Quote from: Admin on February 28, 2014, 05:55:24 PM

For goodness sake! By the time he came on we were in full lock down mode....no service, we sat back in our own half. There was precious little for him to do. No way we could judge him by the West Brom appearance. As far as unfit goes I really don't understand what you lot are basing this on.
Let's wait and see and stop findings reasons to eat ourselves and wallowing.
That would be a nice change wouldn't it?

Nick Bateman

Jol giving Schwarzer to our enemy Chelsea is the main reason for our current predicament. Slowly Stekenleberg is recovering some form but is it too late??
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Fernhurst

Let's wait and see and stop findings reasons to eat ourselves and wallowing.

Too right Terry.... Far too prone to doing that myself
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

DJinNJ

You have to admit, it is a little reminiscent of Samba at QPR last year (sorry). Similar fee and similar fitness issues, but at least we're trying to get him up to speed rather than throwing him into a situation he's not prepared for, like they did with Samba. And Remy missed a few games, which I think was attributed to fitness issues or minor knocks rather than a more serious injury, but managed to score almost one goal every two games he did play. Sorry again for the QPR comparison, but if Mitroglou plays the last ten games and can score four or five goals then it may end up looking like a brilliant signing. If we go down we might also be able to do what they did, loan him to a Premier League club for the season, and if we manage to get promoted we'd already have an experienced PL striker. If not we'd probably sell him for a loss, but at least we have that possibility.

Am I the only one who's comfortable with Rodallega for the time being? Thought he did very well against WBA. Not saying he'll rip Chelsea apart, but I think he feels he has a point to prove and will give it his all. He's always been a decent player, he just hasn't gotten enough minutes here. Bent's

westcliff white

I'm never comfortable with rodders playing, rather have bent there or dembele or tankovic or my grandmother and she's 89
Every day is a Fulham day

callumc513

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 28, 2014, 07:02:00 PM
Jol giving Schwarzer to our enemy Chelsea is the main reason for our current predicament. Slowly Stekenleberg is recovering some form but is it too late??

I assume this is a joke?

Bracken White

Just got this inkling that Hugo could be the hero tomorrow - do hope so on so many counts. Think he's had it rough here - much maligned and always puts in 100% more effort than some (ex-)players that could be mentioned!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Twig

Quote from: FPT on February 28, 2014, 05:24:42 PM
It's been explained fairly and reasonably. He's close, but not up to speed yet for a game we need every single player to put in 100%. But yeah, let's all make a mountain out of a molehill.

He's fine to play, but it wouldn't be fair to him to chuck him tomorrow, we did it with Bryan Ruiz, we chucked him in against Blackburn and he looked out of his depth, to make that even fairer to Mitroglou, Ruiz was 100% fit. What are you lot like? And some people ask me why I leave the board for periods. Zzzzzzz....

We paid a club reco

Twig

Of course, it has been explained that the poor thing just can't possiby lead the line for us after having cost c.11mil

FPT

Quote from: Twig on February 28, 2014, 08:07:39 PM

We paid a club reco

We all knew he was unfit. The club did, the management did. He would be playing if we were in any other league, but the Premier League is so quick, he needs extra time to regain sharpness. I feel like 20th spot has become a sign of impossibility and desperation. It's not the case, we need to support and calm the fudge down.

FPT

Quote from: Twig on February 28, 2014, 08:09:17 PM

Of course, it has been explained that the poor thing just can't possiby lead the line for us after having cost c.11mil

He can, he just needs extra fitness training to improve sharpness because the Premier League is the quickest and most ferocious is the world. He'll be fine, as I said above "I feel like 20th spot has become a sign of impossibility and desperation. It's not the case, we need to support and calm the fudge down."

Pluto