watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MAGATH PRESS CONFERENCE NOTES

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 28, 2014, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Team news: Magath confirms Fernando Amorebieta hasn't trained this week and won't feature against Chelsea

Kostas Mitroglou has also been ruled out of the SW6 derby (F*******************************K), as has former Blues winger Damien Duff

Our Manager is confident of giving Chelsea a good game tomorrow, and he admits it may be an advantage that they played abroad in midweek

FM: "The players have worked hard and are in good condition, but we can improve."

I think Jose Mourinho and I are similar in that we both hate to lose.

FM: "It's an important game for me, my first appearance at Craven Cottage, and the crowd can be the 12th man for the team."
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

elgreenio

Ali Mac has surely got to come under the spotlight for his hand in the Mitroglou deal, absolutely shocking transfer so far
touch my camera through the fence

KP_FFC

was just about to post this

12 million for him to save our season and he'll only be able to play a handful of matches.

Admin

Without a capable forward, I'd say that our chances of getting anything from this game are zero. My initial thoughts are that the Greek isn't fit, won't be risked against Chelsea and we're going for the draw.  

Sammyffc

from what I'm getting from other journo's at the press conference is that mcgath wants to unleash him at cardiff

KP_FFC

FM: "I think Jose Mourinho and I are similar in that we both hate to lose."

i think magath joined the wrong club.

rusty shackleford

Im glad im working so i wont be forced to watch us. I cant help subject myself to watching when im free

Forever Fulham

Does Chelsea have a truly productive forward?  The engine on that team is its midfield.

Admin

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 28, 2014, 01:17:06 PM
Does Chelsea have a truly productive forward?  The engine on that team is its midfield.

Most of Chelsea's midfield are more productive and capable of scoring more goals than our than our forwards, so..

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: KP_FFC on February 28, 2014, 01:09:44 PM
was just about to post this

12 million for him to save our season and he'll only be able to play a handful of matches.

This has to be one of the biggest  Fulham cock ups ever. To spend the amount of money we did on a clearly unfit player, when we were desperate for someone to hit the ground running is sheer lunacy.
Nothing against Mitroglou, but on top of his injuries I think we payed miles over the odds

TonyGilroy

Who knows who else we had a prospect of getting - we clearly thought though that he'd be fitter sooner.

Whether he proves to be value for money can only be assessed if we sell him or when (if?) he's fit enough to play.

He may well be our trump card next season.

filham

Mitroglou not available ??? This is a disaster and needs an explanation, the fact that he played for part of the match last week suggests he is possibly carrying an injury, Rodders (Bless his heart ) and Bent have shown they are not up to the job and so the team is really without a man up top.

A reported £12m for player in the January window who is not fit to play by 1st March indicates that a huge mistake has been made or that we have been conned.

Burt

Blimey... Is the Trog injured again or not fully recovered from the last one? Not the most sensational of starts to his career here!

Looks like the hattrick will come from Bent now.

Not bothered by Amorebieta. He hasn't exactly been setting the world alight.

Northern Cottager

What a waste of money. Unfair to bring him in with 13-14 games to go on him and us when he isnt fit. All our hopes pinned on him and he hasnt started a game yet. Comical, absolutely comical.

Well done FFC.

MasterHaynes

Most annoying is that Jol said we looked but didn't go in for Boney (to play a whole season) because he was outside our budget for the same price we paid for Mitro(for 12 games at best), there is logic there somewhere, like to see Ali Mac explain that decision. Bony must be worth £18/20m now.

grandad

Almost any club you care to mention have their strikers purchased in January  all up & running & scoring. We are a joke.
Where there's a will there's a wife

elgreenio

I blame Heerenveen, Finnbogason would be banging them in for us (probably).
touch my camera through the fence

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: elgreenio on February 28, 2014, 01:09:31 PM
Ali Mac has surely got to come under the spotlight for his hand in the Mitroglou deal, absolutely shocking transfer so far

Does Alistair Mackintosh do the medicals as well as everything else at the club?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 28, 2014, 01:56:19 PM
Most annoying is that Jol said we looked but didn't go in for Boney (to play a whole season) because he was outside our budget for the same price we paid for Mitro(for 12 games at best), there is logic there somewhere, like to see Ali Mac explain that decision. Bony must be worth £18/20m now.

If I were Alistair Mackintosh then I think I would say that he doesn't provide the money so that you are addressing the question to the wrong person.

Lighthouse

The Chairman made a big point about Mackintosh being in charge of the transfers when Rene was sacked. So Kvist is in the squad, the two United players (Rene's picks) have moved on. The Greek  has yet to really play for us,Holtby on loan is a shoe in and we didn't pick up any full back.

So the January transfer window had us lose Berbatov and Sendusdross. But we have only a loan attacking midfielder who has made the first team consistantly.

Looking back on it I think 12 million for a player who isn't fit is pretty dire. If Ali had been the manager Mackintosh would have had to sack him by now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope