watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Championship, starting XI next season... merged

Started by fulhamben, March 08, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Deanothefulhamfan

B&W Fred, that is a good pitch, and the sensible thing for us to do would do exactly what you have said.... We are not in an urgent need to sell them and Roberts / Dembele have a couple of years on their contract.
Plus I know they would have to be good bids as Khan is a fan of bringing through the youth...

I think Tankovic will go on a free which is a real shame, but he has not signed a new deal to my knowledge and there is no reason for him too now we are in such a bad position. He represented Sweden the other night and he wlil have plenty of offers

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 12, 2014, 04:44:16 AM
B&W Fred, that is a good pitch, and the sensible thing for us to do would do exactly what you have said.... We are not in an urgent need to sell them and Roberts / Dembele have a couple of years on their contract.
Plus I know they would have to be good bids as Khan is a fan of bringing through the youth...

I think Tankovic will go on a free which is a real shame, but he has not signed a new deal to my knowledge and there is no reason for him too now we are in such a bad position. He represented Sweden the other night and he wlil have plenty of offers

Yeah I think Tank is a little too big for his boots and given the timing with his contract being up, he will move on.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Flupp

one thing is certain in any case. Next year, we have the fittest squad in the entire league   :54:

I think FM will hire a horde of players ... none of us will again recognize the squad  076.gif

In Schalke / Wolfsburg he spend and spend and spend ......Good luck Mr.Khan  051

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

David Allen Crankshaw

There will certainly be quite a number of departures due to contracts ending such as Duff, Riise, Sidwell, Tankovic, etc. However why would other Premiership clubs want to pick up players who have been such a failure for us this season? We might be left with some players that we would like to get rid off.

SadOldGit

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 08, 2014, 05:12:43 PM
In my opinion we need to play Burn for the remaining games.... dropping him for Hangeland / Heitinga is a real shame.... That is 1 CB sorted, possibly with artuworry alongside him.....

Keep Reither, Kasami, Kaca, Stockdale, Burn, Richardson and get rid of everyone else.... keep as many youngsters as possible and I will be happy

Entirely agree. Good call mate

MJG

I think Khan will throw some money at getting us back up. But I hope its a well planned strategy that includes a large number of the youngsters. I think keep a core of the senior players, 5/6 of the youngsters and a cb,cm and striker should do for next season.
Promise the u21's games and good chance they will stay.
I'd start sticking up photos at MP of all the players who have left us and some sod all.
Get Sean Davis to explain the grass is not always greener away from the cottage.
Sell the club and plan to get back and most will stay.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: MJG on March 12, 2014, 09:06:44 AM
I think Khan will throw some money at getting us back up. But I hope its a well planned strategy that includes a large number of the youngsters. I think keep a core of the squirrel players, 5/6 of the youngsters and a cb,cm and striker should do for next season.
Promise the u21's games and good chance they will stay.
I'd start sticking up photos at MP of all the players who have left us and some sod all.
Get Sean Davis to explain the grass is not always greener away from the cottage.
Sell the club and plan to get back and most will stay.

Okay I will ask the question of the day. What is a squirrel player? We need focus not our midfielders suddenly leaving a player unmarked to bury some nuts ....... or have I got it wrong.
Sean Davis could captain a team of ex Fulham players called  'if only united'

MJG

LOL bloody auto correct and not reading after posting.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 12, 2014, 09:33:56 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 12, 2014, 09:06:44 AM

What is a squirrel player? We need focus not our midfielders suddenly leaving a player unmarked to bury some nuts ....... or have I got it wrong.

Hahahahaha I am glad despite our current predicament, some members have not lost their sense of humour

mikeyffc28

If you had control over the starting 11 for the first game of next season (your choice whether in Prem or Champ) which current first teamers would still be there, what youth would come through and would you add any new faces to the first team?

Mine would be:

Championship

Stockdale
Reither    Burn    Heitinga     Briggs
                 Kvist
Dejagah                         Kaca
                Kasami
    Woodrow          Dembele

Zu-Meister

heitinga and kvist wont stay.

simplyfulham

Stockdale

Grimmer | Hangeland | Burn | Richardson

Kacaniklic | Sidwell | David | Tankovic

Kasami

Trotta/Woodrow/Mitroglou/?

PeterFFC

I think you're being optimistic about Riether, Kvist, Kasami, Dejagah and Heitinga staying. I also don't think Woodrow is good enough baring in mind he couldn't get game time at Southend. I think Rodellaga could be good next season.

Bobby2012

Stockdale

Passley | Hangeland | Burn | Briggs

Sidwell | David | Richardson

Tankovic | Dembele | Kacaniklic

JDH101

Kacaniklic is utterly useless. I think he would be a solid league one player. Honestly, so many on this board rate him. What am I missing? He offers nothing going forward and even less going back...

JackyFulham90

Realistic team

Stockdale
Passley Grimmer Burn Briggs
R Williams Parker David Richardson
                       Tankovic
                         Dembele /Trotta

Rhys Lightning 63

I honestly don't see where most people are getting their teams from. I honestly can't see the likes of Stockdale hanging around, and guys like Kacaniklic, Burn and Kasami, I can definitely see being snapped up by some of the Premier League teams.

Guys like Sidwell, Parker and Richardson I can see being taken by the teams that are promoted to offer them a bit of stability.

I say this without being 100% sure about contracts and who we still have on our books for next year, so I may be wrong witgh some of them.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Baszab

what about the two Man Utd players, Cole and Tunnicliffe ?

The Rock

I thought tunnicliffe looked really good under Rene. But we have megadeath now and we are staying up according to him so...

Anyway - it is too difficult to foresee who might stick around. BUT - I really hope someone takes cues/queues from the likes of Leicester this year, Southampton, and others in the recent past who have gotten themselves promoted.