watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What else would you like to see on FOF?

Started by Admin, April 15, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Just like to add that the Moderators moderate each other. I can sometimes forget myself and let a swear word or a political comment slip out, then get my post moderated by somebody. I'm fine with that as it's good to see that everybody gets treated equally whether they are a Mod or not.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Pluto

Quote from: King_Crud on April 17, 2014, 09:38:50 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on April 16, 2014, 12:14:28 PM
The board is great, I'm only making suggestions to try and give some constructive points - feel free to ignore them!

I, personally, would love to see more dedicated threads being organised. E.g. on other message boards I've seen them use the title as just a player's name (e.g. "Holtby") and everything about him is discussed in that one location, regardless of how old the original post was. This is done for most threads - e.g. "Felix", "Remaining Fixtures", "Kahn", "Stadium Expansion", etc, etc.

The board is often hard to read because there are so many similar and short threads, I think that it would be easier to read, and would harbour better discussion, if there were fewer, but more detailed threads.

Also, I like the match day threads (as it achieves much of what I've requested above), but it's a bit of a hassle heading over there each time; would it be possible to have a sticky link at the top of the General Discussion board to get people there faster?

I agree with this completely. Too many threads on "Here's what I think is wrong" or "my thoughts on blah blah blah". If you had a thread on pre-game discussion, post game discussion, team formation discussion, Felix discussion etc etc then it would get some more order, threads wouldn't get lost, and the board wouldn't be full of threads on the same subject that get half a dozen responses. Also you can have NFR threads like the music thread, the movie thread etc

I would like to NOT see this. It constantly gets on my nerves on other boards as threads get long and complicated, posted in all the time about completely different issues regarding a player (i.e. "Did you see Riise's terrible new haircut?" and "Riise was terrible today" are two completely different issues that just so happen to be about the same player, and will attract a different audience. Furthermore, it's harder to know exactly what a threads about and if it's worth checking out. If the title is just "Riise thread" I probably wouldn't bother. If it was "Riise hands in transfer request", I probably would, since I'm interested in transfer requests but not necessarily most of the goings on with Riise....

Kind of long winded but do you see my point? I'd like to see less thread merging in general to be honest as long threads encompassing multiple topics and issues are a nightmare to navigate, and it's basically impossible to figure out what's going on. People end up talking about multiple things at once, which doesn't make for a natural conversation.

Logicalman

Quote from: FPT on April 25, 2014, 01:33:33 AM
I hate that thing where there's a big debate on, or someone's posted a response to a big reply and it clogs up a lot.

You quote, but then you have to refind what you're were looking for.

Just to make it easier. Or maybe when you quote reply someone else's quote reply, it just takes their reply rather than their quote...

If you catch me.

I understand what you mean totally, and in general that is a good idea. The only place it might fail is where a reply (to anothers submission) can be taken out of context if the original submission is excluded.
It might be a good idea for members to try and govern this themselves, and only include the full quoted messaged where they are pertinent. I know that some people have issues with the way in which quoted messages are formed, and so it might be difficult to learn how to remove quotes, but it can be done.

Good idea nonetheless though.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mitroglou

It would be a good idea to have in a sticky form, all the sport articles referring to Fulham

YankeeJim

Lot of give and take on the swearing issue. Here's my two cents. It just isn't necessary and to me is a major sign of the Apocalypse.  LOL. We give up our language, for what purpose? When I was in the army the only adjective used by everyone was the F bomb. I realized it when I heard someone say ah f-ing f. Interesting when the adjective becomes the noun. Anyway, the purpose of the censorship on language is  because we do have some children that come aboard now and than and some of us find it classless and silly. If you don't have a decent vocabulary, work on it. Just because its accepted in movies and music doesn't mean its a benefit to society.
Current trends are like current form, temporary. Class is permanent.  092.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

something_amusing

Quote from: Airfix on April 22, 2014, 04:25:21 PM
Going to shove my twopenceworth in about separating forum threads by type.  I'm not in favour (spelled correctly though FoF doesn't think so - and did you know that FoF shows as incorrectly spelled?).  I think that splitting stuff up too much means that you'd have to keep eyes on many different forum sections to keep the entertainment value.  I've stumbled across some cracking threads on here which I would have missed if they'd been in a forum section that I don't read much.

I agree, too many forum sections mean good threads would get lost. How about just keep it simple with nfr in the title or maybe is there a way of colour coding forums? Nfr topics would be bright red titles so they stand out?

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 25, 2014, 06:17:43 PM
Lot of give and take on the swearing issue. Here's my two cents. It just isn't necessary and to me is a major sign of the Apocalypse.  LOL. We give up our language, for what purpose? When I was in the army the only adjective used by everyone was the F bomb. I realized it when I heard someone say ah f-ing f. Interesting when the adjective becomes the noun. Anyway, the purpose of the censorship on language is  because we do have some children that come aboard now and than and some of us find it classless and silly. If you don't have a decent vocabulary, work on it. Just because its accepted in movies and music doesn't mean its a benefit to society.

Well, there's always :tom:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WhiteJC

Quote from: HatterDon on April 25, 2014, 11:10:04 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 25, 2014, 06:17:43 PM

Well, there's always :tom:

I thought that stood for 'Whites Top Fan?'  :dft011:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

People swearing ????................................off with their friggin heads  :022:

Jonaldiniho 88

How about being able to view posters opening posts. Some I often agree with, some never, most in between and some I just find fascinating but if you could tap into their previous posts you would get a much better idea of what they are all about.