News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Petition - Get Sunderland Deducted points...

Started by KingstonWhite, April 28, 2014, 07:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

God The Mechanic

Can we not get relegated with a little bit of dignity left?

Berserker

If we can throw away a 2 nil lead we deserve to get relegated
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

KingstonWhite

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 28, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on April 28, 2014, 07:40:29 PM
Desperate?

get relegated & potentially lose all of our best assets? Khan loses interest & we're stuck in the lower leagues again without any proper investment?!  

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

MrProphet

Quote from: KingstonWhite on April 28, 2014, 08:01:14 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 28, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on April 28, 2014, 07:40:29 PM
Desperate?

get relegated & potentially lose all of our best assets? Khan loses interest & we're stuck in the lower leagues again without any proper investment?! 

He's a very successful business something you don't become by selling when your stocks low. He won't do a runner if we go down.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Humbled

I get what everyone is saying re not signing but it is a JOKE that Sunderland haven't been given a deduction when the smaller teams get them straight away....
I recall Luton practically getting ruined by the FA a few years back yet other teams were given their deductions at times when it didn't harm them (I believe Leeds were one of the "lucky ones")

RaySmith

Quote from: Humbled on April 28, 2014, 09:51:29 PM
I get what everyone is saying re not signing but it is a JOKE that Sunderland haven't been given a deduction when the smaller teams get them straight away....
I recall Luton practically getting ruined by the FA a few years back yet other teams were given their deductions at times when it didn't harm them (I believe Leeds were one of the "lucky ones")

0001.jpeg

Craven Mad

Quote from: Humbled on April 28, 2014, 09:51:29 PM

+1

westcliff white

No point. the rule is clear, it is not an automatic points deduction
Every day is a Fulham day

btings

AFC Wimbledon were just docked 3 points for this: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/28/afc-wimbledon-three-point-deduction

Petitions seem pointless, though. If it's going to happen, it will happen in court.

nose

i think we should sign. this was a case of bias towards one of the premier leagues favourites, a big club in the NE with a big stadium, it was more about money than fairness IMO. The descision was barking and we should say so.

It compares unfourably with how west ham and man utd were treated with regard to tevez.

westcliff white

The Tevez affair was about 3rd party ownership if I remember and that is illegal as the team don't own the players registration, I could be wrong tho, if I am right it's not the same situation.

Also FL rules are differently that do the PL in respect to arc wimbledons punishment
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

Quote from: westcliff white on April 28, 2014, 10:32:41 PM
The Tevez affair was about 3rd party ownership if I remember and that is illegal as the team don't own the players registration, I could be wrong tho, if I am right it's not the same situation.

Also FL rules are differently that do the PL in respect to arc wimbledons punishment

We'll be a football league team next year though :'(

nose

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 28, 2014, 11:00:21 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on April 28, 2014, 10:32:41 PM

We'll be a football league team next year though :'(

the point was that fundamental rules were broken and need to be punished correctly... everyone expected a points deduction but none happened. I was trying to indicate that the prem do not take the required action and as a result set a very poor example/

yes i believe the league are different, but they seem to have more of an idea about this.

God The Mechanic

But we agree to abide by the rules of the PL, not just when they suit us but when we feel hard done by by them.  You can't pick and choose, you either accept the laws that they propose and the punishments stated for breaking them or you should forfeit your place in the division.  If Sunderland have been punished to the letter of the law then we can't really look to complain and state that laws elsewhere would be more favourable to us in this situation, that's pathetic.

Jonaldiniho 88

I really think we should rise above this one. I can't justify us staying in the league unless we have better points and goal difference than the teams around us without resorting to legal disputes. No offence to a well meaning OP but I don't want to be rummaging through every club in the leagues rubbish to find an excuse to keep us in this league. Win the next two and stay up or crash out with pride.

RaySmith

Seems to be one law for the powerful cash cows of the Prem, and one for the rest.

Where's the justice in that?