The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riverside on July 18, 2014, 08:57:26 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 18, 2014, 08:50:09 AM
Quote from: Riverside on July 18, 2014, 08:46:03 AM
I open this page and see more on QPR  :doh:

This season I am not interested in QPR or who may be relegated from the Premier League or indeed in the Premier League .

I am interested in Fulham  049:gif or anything Fulham related ( i.e. the clubs fighting for promotion with us )  .

Any news of interest ?

You make a very good point, I was only talking about qpr because I disagreed rio is a good role model. As for qpr itself I couldnt care less what they do next year

Dannyboi - this was not targeted at you but more an attempt to recalibrate the Silly Season Thread .
Not being Premier League means that there is limited info of the transfer dealings of the clubs fighting for promo with us . It would be great if this thread could keep us updated on who is likely to be playing for this seasons opponents .
( and I genuinely don't care who gets relegated from the Premier League - I know it is going to be 3 teams that is good enough for me . I do care who gets promoted from the Championship  049:gif

Im getting a bit frustrated at how quiet its gone. Only seem to be linked to that american fella. Ive been waking.up everyday hoping to see us sign someone unrealistic but very exciting like that naismith rumour. I think we need a right sided centre half, a centre midfielder and a winger of top quality for that level. Achieve that and I think we will go up
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

Leicester City to buy Brighton striker Leonardo Ulloa for 7 million
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

KP_FFC

so apparently 8-10 mill for mcormack is way too much, but 7 mil for Ulloa is fine?
lol

Lighthouse

Barnsley striker Chris O Grady set for talks with Brighton.

Northern Cottager

Classic94

DevonFFC

I wish, would love to see a flurry of activity, early on, depth and get the team bedded in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admin

Yes, we are very quiet, not even getting my usual tip-offs, which is quite worrying  :023:

God The Mechanic

JackyFulham90

Borini is a quality player but 14m is ridiculous.
West Brom have just spent 10m on a striker. Lots of business done on strikers so far this window

FPT

I wouldn't say Fabio Borini is quality, I know he's only 23 but his goal record is really, quite poor. He scored 8 League goals last season, and 3 were from the penalty spot! It's not even just basing it on his goal record, I see very little in his general play that would make me want to pay £7m, let alone £14m!

Anyway, this isn't a "FPT have a moan at players being overrated thread." £14m is a ridiculous sum of money to spend on Borini, I think their Geordie neighbours have had a wonderful transfer window:

Emmanuel Riviere (who I think is next seasons' "dark horse striker" he's a talent) for £6m. Then you add on top:

Remy Cabella for £8m - One of the best Ligue 1 players outside of PSG and Monaco.
Daryl Janmaat for £5m - Decent replacement for Debuchy, has promise too.
Siem De Jong for £7.5m - He'll do well. Consistent goalscorer from attacking midfield. An imposing Ruiz.
Jack Colback for nothing - work horse and consistent.

That's with an expenditure of just about £13m considering they sold Debuchy for £12m, plus a couple more could go, i.e. tubby Ben Arfa.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on July 18, 2014, 10:29:26 PM
I wouldn't say Fabio Borini is quality, I know he's only 23 but his goal record is really, quite poor. He scored 8 League goals last season, and 3 were from the penalty spot! It's not even just basing it on his goal record, I see very little in his general play that would make me want to pay £7m, let alone £14m!

Anyway, this isn't a "FPT have a moan at players being overrated thread." £14m is a ridiculous sum of money to spend on Borini, I think their Geordie neighbours have had a wonderful transfer window:

Emmanuel Riviere (who I think is next seasons' "dark horse striker" he's a talent) for £6m. Then you add on top:

Remy Cabella for £8m - One of the best Ligue 1 players outside of PSG and Monaco.
Daryl Janmaat for £5m - Decent replacement for Debuchy, has promise too.
Siem De Jong for £7.5m - He'll do well. Consistent goalscorer from attacking midfield. An imposing Ruiz.
Jack Colback for nothing - work horse and consistent.

That's with an expenditure of just about £13m considering they sold Debuchy for £12m, plus a couple more could go, i.e. tubby Ben Arfa.
have they signed remy then, i heard liverpool were after him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KP_FFC

so 8 mil for mccormack was way to much but west brom paying 10m for Brown Ideye from Dynamo Kiev seems to be fine to everyone

borini for 14m is causing a little attention on twitter but not as much as the ross deal

grandad

And so the Hahas carry on to their final demise.

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp plans to sign "five or six" more players before the start of the Premier League season, with 34-year-old New York Red Bulls attacking midfielder Tim Cahill among his transfer targets.
Where there's a will there's a wife

EJL

Bear in mind Borini spent most of last season out on the wing. Eight goals really isn't a terrible goal return for someone in that position, especially when you factor in how poorly the team were doing in general for large portions of the campaign.

Nero

Quote from: grandad on July 19, 2014, 08:19:59 AM
And so the Hahas carry on to their final demise.

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp plans to sign "five or six" more players before the start of the Premier League season, with 34-year-old New York Red Bulls attacking midfielder Tim Cahill among his transfer targets.

what are tbe odds for arry to be the first manager to leave his job

Legate21

Hull have 3rd bid rejected for Harry Maguire, thought to be in the region of £2million. Source: Sky Sports

HatterDon

Quote from: KP_FFC on July 18, 2014, 11:36:49 PM
so 8 mil for mccormack was way to much but west brom paying 10m for Brown Ideye from Dynamo Kiev seems to be fine to everyone

borini for 14m is causing a little attention on twitter but not as much as the ross deal

always remembering that "8 mil for mccormack" is a made up number.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse