https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 17, 2014, 03:23:28 PM
What CBs do we have now?

Hutchinson, Burn, Amorebieta, Burgess? I feel like I'm missing someone but if not, we could do with another one as Burgess won't be ready. Amore can also cover at LB I suppose.
Grimmer, Arthurworrey, Donnelly

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Ordar on July 17, 2014, 08:51:43 AM
Surprised that we're after more CBs. Maybe Amore is leaving

Chasing additional CBs, along with the collecting of forwards and lack of interest in midfielders, is all part of Magath's innovative plan to play a 5-0-5 formation next season.

Lighthouse

What CBs do we have now?

Hutchinson, Burn, Amorebieta, Burgess? I feel like I'm missing someone but if not, we could do with another one as Burgess won't be ready. Amore can also cover at LB I suppose.

None of the above, yes I know some don't agree, but none of these IMHO will be good enough for a promotion chasing season in the Championship.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jmh

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 17, 2014, 03:21:46 PM
Jason Davidson, the Aussie World Cup left back Fulham were interested in is rumoured to be on his way to London after skipping training.
Seems unlikely that we're still after him (or that he'd still want to come play for us) with Stafylidis already on board. 

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 17, 2014, 03:29:20 PM
What CBs do we have now?

None of the above, yes I know some don't agree, but none of these IMHO will be good enough for a promotion chasing season in the Championship.

Really, non of them?

Personally I have every confidence that Burn is up to the task, and would be disappointed if he's not a regular.
Hutchinson can be hit and miss, but a top defender in SPL shouldn't be too out of place in the Championship?
Amore might still do a Coloccini and actually come good after a year of settling in and poor performances, but I don't hold my breath on that one.  However, if we're going to play 3 (or 5) at the back I think he would be great on the left side of centre back.
Based on age, maturity and experience on loan, Grimmer should be ready for a 3/4 choice role.

So yeah, we could do with a first choice centre back and possibly sell Amore, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we start the season with Hutch-Burn and have Grimmer-Amore as backup.

God The Mechanic

Rio Ferdinand has apparently passed a medical at QPR.  Could be a disaster, could be a fantastic signing for them.

grandad

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 17, 2014, 05:38:22 PM
Rio Ferdinand has apparently passed a medical at QPR.  Could be a disaster, could be a fantastic signing for them.

Apparently he was able to do 20 pushups on a Zimmer frame.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ToodlesMcToot

Just seen on twitter that Twitch has been quoted saying the QPR have agreed a fee with Cardiff for Steven Caulker.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Nero

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 17, 2014, 09:20:30 PM
Just seen on twitter that Twitch has been quoted saying the QPR have agreed a fee with Cardiff for Steven Caulker.

not hard to agree a fee when he has a release clause.  Is it going to be like last year where he says he getting all these players ams.none actually sign. Was anyone else actually in for ferdinad he be after Les next

Nero

you got to  laugh at arry he said Rio will be a great role.model for the younger players. The role.model that had a 6 month ban for missing a drug test perhaps harry forgot about that we know rio did

westcliff white

Quote from: Nero on July 18, 2014, 12:15:07 AM
Rio Ferdinand has apparently passed a medical at QPR.  Could be a disaster, could be a fantastic signing for them.

you got to  laugh at arry he said Rio will be a great role.model for the younger players. The role.model that had a 6 month ban for missing a drug test perhaps harry forgot about that we know rio did

That's an interesting point you make as allegedly since then 5/6 other players have missed their test and never been punished. They never found anything in his sample, so you could say that's because he missed the test but it would be speculation i guess. Either way missed test aside Rio did a fantastic job for his clubs and his country, he should of been at the last Euros but the FA's obsession with John Terry stopped that.
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2014, 06:49:31 AM
Rio Ferdinand has apparently passed a medical at QPR.  Could be a disaster, could be a fantastic signing for them.

you got to  laugh at arry he said Rio will be a great role.model for the younger players. The role.model that had a 6 month ban for missing a drug test perhaps harry forgot about that we know rio did

That's an interesting point you make as allegedly since then 56 other players have missed their test and never been punished. They never found anything in his sample, so you could say that's because he missed the test but it would be speculation i guess. Either way missed test aside Rio did a fantastic job for his clubs and his country, he should of been at the last Euros but the FA's obsession with John Terry stopped that.

My mum works in a primary school in the peckham/camberwell area which is where rio is from. He refused to visit the school as a local role model to encourage kids to believe they can achieve anything. He refused because the school couldnt pay him the 1000's he demanded, this was a few years back when gilberto silva played for arsenal.

I say that because the same year as rio's ignorance, gilberto visited the school and rather than take a fee, he gave all the kids a goody bag of arsenal bits and bobs with a signed card each and asked for a small donation to his charity. Rio is an arrogant mug who isnt a good role model, the only big name england star of that generation who was a role model is beckham and possibly gary neville.  The others for one reason or another have been twats during their careers.

Rio will be like berbatov for us, a whale in a bath doesnt work let alone big fish in a small pond. He could single handedly destroy any team spirit they have, imagine if he is awful for the first 8 games, would harry dare drop his mate? It really stinks of a jol/berba scenario.

And in my opinion rio was no longer good enough for england and was rightfully not picked. The situation with terry was a joke from both players and neither deserved to play, I cant believe they were both england captains!!!!! Evra will probably leave united because its time to be replaced but has the likes of juventus in for him whilst rio has gone to qpr. Talk about fall from grace, you've gotta ask yourself why no one else wanted an old injury plagued money grabbing p****.

Berba was the worst signing we ever made because of how jol allowed him to destroy the team, hopefully rio does the same to them

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Craven Mad

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 18, 2014, 07:51:53 AM

you got to  laugh at arry he said Rio will be a great role.model for the younger players. The role.model that had a 6 month ban for missing a drug test perhaps harry forgot about that we know rio did

That's an interesting point you make as allegedly since then 56 other players have missed their test and never been punished. They never found anything in his sample, so you could say that's because he missed the test but it would be speculation i guess. Either way missed test aside Rio did a fantastic job for his clubs and his country, he should of been at the last Euros but the FA's obsession with John Terry stopped that.

My mum works in a primary school in the peckham/camberwell area which is where rio is from. He refused to visit the school as a local role model to encourage kids to believe they can achieve anything. He refused because the school couldnt pay him the 1000's he demanded, this was a few years back when gilberto silva played for arsenal.

I say that because the same year as rio's ignorance, gilberto visited the school and rather than take a fee, he gave all the kids a goody bag of arsenal bits and bobs with a signed card each and asked for a small donation to his charity. Rio is an arrogant mug who isnt a good role model, the only big name england star of that generation who was a role model is beckham and possibly gary neville.  The others for one reason or another have been twats during their careers.

Rio will be like berbatov for us, a whale in a bath doesnt work let alone big fish in a small pond. He could single handedly destroy any team spirit they have, imagine if he is awful for the first 8 games, would harry dare drop his mate? It really stinks of a jol/berba scenario.

And in my opinion rio was no longer good enough for england and was rightfully not picked. The situation with terry was a joke from both players and neither deserved to play, I cant believe they were both england captains!!!!! Evra will probably leave united because its time to be replaced but has the likes of juventus in for him whilst rio has gone to qpr. Talk about fall from grace, you've gotta ask yourself why no one else wanted an old injury plagued money grabbing p****.

Berba was the worst signing we ever made because of how jol allowed him to destroy the team, hopefully rio does the same to them

Interesting post Danny, thanks.

Agree with your points about role models; speaking of which, Gilberto Silva is now one of mine.

I really can't see Rio being a good capture for Harry. Tony Fernandes clearly hasn't learnt from his last spell in the Prem...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 18, 2014, 08:25:14 AM

I say that because the same year as rio's ignorance, gilberto visited the school and rather than take a fee, he gave all the kids a goody bag of arsenal bits and bobs with a signed card each and asked for a small donation to his charity. Rio is an arrogant mug who isnt a good role model, the only big name england star of that generation who was a role model is beckham and possibly gary neville.  The others for one reason or another have been twats during their careers.

Interesting post Danny, thanks.

Agree with your points about role models; speaking of which, Gilberto Silva is now one of mine.

I really can't see Rio being a good capture for Harry. Tony Fernandes clearly hasn't learnt from his last spell in the Prem...

It doesnt seem like hes learned anything. I dont see what different from signing bosingwa and park to signing rio. Yes rio's a big name but bosingwa signed on the back of winning the champions league. They just seem desperate to sign the name rather than the player. They dont appear to know what a scout is

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

That's interesting Danny, I saw him at 3 charity functions inside 6 months back in 2010, and on the 3rd he smiled and said we seem to be in the same circles, which was a joke as I was there with work. Anyway we were chatting and I mentioned I coached a local kids team in my area and that we had a charity ball with auction every October. I was angling for a signed shirt or something when He said and I quote thats great, tell you what I will give a box at Old Trafford and meet the box guests after the game, gave me an email address and said email him in September and he would sort it all out. September came round, I emailed thinking I would hear nothing back, with in a week, a reply saying a box for a game the following February (think it was a villa game) with full hospitality. I didn't bid on the prize as could not make it but the guy who won it said he was amazing, came to the box after the game with Fletcher and Evra, signed autographs and gave them out some merchandise.

Maybe it was just a bad time when he said no to his school or I / the club I coach at just got lucky.

Riverside

I open this page and see more on QPR  :doh:

This season I am not interested in QPR or who may be relegated from the Premier League or indeed in the Premier League .

I am interested in Fulham  049:gif or anything Fulham related ( i.e. the clubs fighting for promotion with us )  .

Any news of interest ?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riverside on July 18, 2014, 08:46:03 AM

This season I am not interested in QPR or who may be relegated from the Premier League or indeed in the Premier League .

I am interested in Fulham  049:gif or anything Fulham related ( i.e. the clubs fighting for promotion with us )  .

Any news of interest ?

You make a very good point, I was only talking about qpr because I disagreed rio is a good role model. As for qpr itself I couldnt care less what they do next year

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Riverside

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 18, 2014, 08:50:09 AM
Quote from: Riverside on July 18, 2014, 08:46:03 AM

Any news of interest ?

You make a very good point, I was only talking about qpr because I disagreed rio is a good role model. As for qpr itself I couldnt care less what they do next year

Dannyboi - this was not targeted at you but more an attempt to recalibrate the Silly Season Thread .
Not being Premier League means that there is limited info of the transfer dealings of the clubs fighting for promo with us . It would be great if this thread could keep us updated on who is likely to be playing for this seasons opponents .
( and I genuinely don't care who gets relegated from the Premier League - I know it is going to be 3 teams that is good enough for me . I do care who gets promoted from the Championship  049:gif

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2014, 08:45:33 AM

I say that because the same year as rio's ignorance, gilberto visited the school and rather than take a fee, he gave all the kids a goody bag of arsenal bits and bobs with a signed card each and asked for a small donation to his charity. Rio is an arrogant mug who isnt a good role model, the only big name england star of that generation who was a role model is beckham and possibly gary neville.  The others for one reason or another have been twats during their careers.

That's interesting Danny, I saw him at 3 charity functions inside 6 months back in 2010, and on the 3rd he smiled and said we seem to be in the same circles, which was a joke as I was there with work. Anyway we were chatting and I mentioned I coached a local kids team in my area and that we had a charity ball with auction every October. I was angling for a signed shirt or something when He said and I quote thats great, tell you what I will give a box at Old Trafford and meet the box guests after the game, gave me an email address and said email him in September and he would sort it all out. September came round, I emailed thinking I would hear nothing back, with in a week, a reply saying a box for a game the following February (think it was a villa game) with full hospitality. I didn't bid on the prize as could not make it but the guy who won it said he was amazing, came to the box after the game with Fletcher and Evra, signed autographs and gave them out some merchandise.

Maybe it was just a bad time when he said no to his school or I / the club I coach at just got lucky.

That could be said for anyone famous or not. Two people could meet someone on different days and one day their nice, the other their grumpy. Then two completely different opinions start.

That was nice of him but as nice as it was, i would imagine it didnt cost him anything as he probably owned the box anyway or got it for that day for being a.player. Still.he didnt have to so fair play to him. I think asking a school for 1000's to come in for half hour and chat to the kids is bang out.of order considering it was his local school and would of taken alot more effort.

That aside my opinion of him is judged on his whole career and attitude. Ive never been a huge fan of him as a person or a player. I think he was over rated  and Id have terry over him all day long as a PLAYER. I thought id make that bit clear as terry's a mug too.

Am I allowed to rate terry as a fulham fan or is that against the commandments???

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

Danny for me you can rate any player you like. Personally i like ball playing centre backs and terry doesnt fit into that as for me he is slow and terrible passing the ball. However he does get more goals than rio. probably a good combination together.

Just replying and will now stick to transfer rumours etc on this thread. Many apologies everyone.