The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Riverside on July 15, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 15, 2014, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 15, 2014, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2014, 05:02:14 PM
Zamora is set to sign a new one contract after all with QPR.

Does QPR have any player under 30. Their wage expense must be immense. Looks like a club that will tire early and pass us by as we go up, come next spring.

They're doing exactly the same thing as last time. Old squad on high wages, odd.

and exactly what we did !

Worked out rather grand for Fulham.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Rumours abound that it is that time again. Like the first cuckoo of spring, the first sneeze of hay fever season and the first strong rumour that Fulham want Carlton Cole. No really it has started again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 16, 2014, 02:03:29 PM
Rumours abound that it is that time again. Like the first cuckoo of spring, the first sneeze of hay fever season and the first strong rumour that Fulham want Carlton Cole. No really it has started again.

Another striker? Jesus.

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 16, 2014, 02:03:29 PM

Wouldn't be a bad target for us now, in the Championship..  :hook:

Two Ton Ted

He's exactly want a Div 2 team chasing promotion need.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

TrexFFC

At least we wouldn't concede any more goals to him.  :005:

dgnffc

An example of really lazy journalism - at least I hope so! Who's next - Koumas?

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Craven Mad

I've just seen Nottingham Forest are lining up Michael Mancienne for £1m on a 3 year deal. Would be a good bit of business if they can keep him fit.

Craven Mad

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9384031/transfer-news-wolves-realistic-over-pursuit-of-sheffield-uniteds-harry-maguire

Wolves are out of the race for Fulham target, Harry Maguire; Kenny Jackett expecting him to move "imminently"..

Could it be to Hull? Could it be to us?

Lighthouse

The fact we are linked to so may Centre Backs makes me wonder if we have lost out. But then again why wouldn't we offer on more than one. We will see.

Admin

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 16, 2014, 04:12:12 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9384031/transfer-news-wolves-realistic-over-pursuit-of-sheffield-uniteds-harry-maguire

Wolves are out of the race for Fulham target, Harry Maguire; Kenny Jackett expecting him to move "imminently"..

Could it be to Hull? Could it be to us?

Maguire dropped the biggest hint by saying he'd love to test himself in the Premiership and the Europa League, which doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that's Hull. However, I was leaked information that a deal for Maguire would be completed this Tuesday, which has now passed. Having turned our interest to the Yank, tells we've been snubbed by Maguire, and are looking else where.  

jmh

Quote from: Riverside on July 15, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 15, 2014, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 15, 2014, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2014, 05:02:14 PM
Zamora is set to sign a new one contract after all with QPR.

Does QPR have any player under 30. Their wage expense must be immense. Looks like a club that will tire early and pass us by as we go up, come next spring.

They're doing exactly the same thing as last time. Old squad on high wages, odd.

and exactly what we did !
Except that, other than Parker, we're not handcuffed by expensive long-term contracts (nor did we pay inflated fees for most of them).

Riverside

Olympiakos want to sign Fulham's Costa Rica striker Bryan Ruiz, 28, on a free transfer, even though he has a year remaining on his contract at Craven Cottage. Daily Mail (external)

Free ? Surely not

Unless there is still Mitro debt left - even after Kasami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deanothefulhamfan

I guess there is obviously debt still left over....

Kasami and Ruiz both plying in the champs league next season, who would have thought it.

HillingdonFFC

I reckon we could offer him (Maguire) more in wages than Hull, money talks. Who knows?

Ordar

Surprised that we're after more CBs. Maybe Amore is leaving

Lighthouse

Hull City will come back with a third offer for Maguire but are reluctant to meet the 4 million now wanted.

Lighthouse

Jason Davidson, the Aussie World Cup left back Fulham were interested in is rumoured to be on his way to London after skipping training.

PaulJ123

What CBs do we have now?

Hutchinson, Burn, Amorebieta, Burgess? I feel like I'm missing someone but if not, we could do with another one as Burgess won't be ready. Amore can also cover at LB I suppose.