watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

He's also a Yorkshireman, so may want to stay up there.

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 14, 2014, 02:56:03 PM
Sadly Maguire has said in a paper that he wants to play in the Prem. So I doubt we are in the mix for him.

Isn't it every players ambition to play in the Premiership? I'm sure thats also McCormacks ambition, but it's how you get there that counts. How many times have we seen players of a young age take the jump to soon, and then fall flat on their faces? Maguire may see Fulham as a platform to the Premiership, or the next best thing, so I'd say we are definitely in the mix for him.

Pie and mash

There's a difference between

"I want to play in the Premier League".

"I won't sign for any club outside the Premier League".

Ordar

Any news on any other signings? Seems to have gone pretty quiet

valdeingruo

Quote from: Ordar on July 14, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

It was also quiet before this past rush of players, I wouldnt worry. Felix said he wants a few more. Im sure its in progress.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

JackyFulham90

A centre midfielder & a winger of good quality & it will have been a great window for us

Admin

Quote from: Ordar on July 14, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

We went quiet last time, then signed McCormack. I've been told one in this week before we got to the U.S.

MrProphet

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 14, 2014, 09:13:50 PM
A centre midfielder & a winger of good quality & it will have been a great window for us

Yeah agreed ideally a left footed winger who can cross. If we are going to play two up top I'd like to see us getting to the byline and whipping some balls in.

Ball playing midfielder with an eye for a pass to share the load with David would be the other priority

I had the pleasure of watching a lot of Burn when he was on loan at my local club yeovil and was very impressed by him. Think he deserves a shot this year and wouldn't want another centre back pushing him further down the order. Burn Hutchinson amor and Grimmer would do me just fine

Zu-Meister

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Texas White on July 13, 2014, 07:29:27 PM
What does he have to lose... we are without doubt a bigger and better team than Hull. They are also probably going to be tipped as relegation candidates.  We just had a shockingly bad season when we changed owners.
He would play every week, further his career and be in the Premier league within a year.

Blimey!
Cant argue with a confidant man.....
:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Texas White

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 15, 2014, 12:23:48 PM
Quote from: Texas White on July 13, 2014, 07:29:27 PM
What does he have to lose... we are without doubt a bigger and better team than Hull. They are also probably going to be tipped as relegation candidates.  We just had a shockingly bad season when we changed owners.
He would play every week, further his career and be in the Premier league within a year.

Blimey!
Cant argue with a confidant man.....
:005:

You heard it here first.....
Better to live in hope and be happy. Last year was just miserable.

JackyFulham90

Some good business by Newcastle so far getting in Janmaat,  Siem De Jong &  Remy Cabella

Craven Mad

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 15, 2014, 03:35:54 PM
Some good business by Newcastle so far getting in Janmaat,  Siem De Jong &  Remy Cabella

Great signings by them. Jack Colback is another promising name they've brought in.

They still need at least one striker though.

Northern Cottager

Leeds to replace McCormack with Nile Ranger it appears.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 15, 2014, 04:47:17 PM
Leeds to replace McCormack with Nile Ranger it appears.

Ouch.. I doubt the Leeds fans will be as cocky after hearing that!

Lighthouse

Zamora is set to sign a new one contract after all with QPR.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2014, 05:02:14 PM

Does QPR have any player under 30. Their wage expense must be immense. Looks like a club that will tire early and pass us by as we go up, come next spring.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 15, 2014, 06:40:17 PM

Does QPR have any player under 30. Their wage expense must be immense. Looks like a club that will tire early and pass us by as we go up, come next spring.

They're doing exactly the same thing as last time. Old squad on high wages, odd.

grandad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 15, 2014, 06:42:36 PM

They're doing exactly the same thing as last time. Old squad on high wages, odd.

By Christmas they will be worn out & will have to buy another load of vets at even more money. Sheer madness but bring it on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riverside

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 15, 2014, 06:42:36 PM

and exactly what we did !