Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Berserker on July 13, 2014, 01:47:02 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on July 13, 2014, 01:18:42 PM
Bobby Z having talks with Millwall
West Ham won't be happy as wasn't he a hero to them?

I thought he was in talks to stay at the ha has?

J.Perkins

Someone tweeted that Maguire is close to joining us. I know it's twitter, but is be happy if he signed. My guess would be that Nando is leaving if he joins.

Putney

Maguire would be a great signing. Proper football league talent.

Full Metal Ham

Apparently Hull have bid 1.75m. Can't imagine us beating a premier league club for yet another signature

IranianCottager

Quote from: Full Metal Ham on July 13, 2014, 01:07:03 PM
Linked with the Iran left-winger Ehsan Hajsafi.

"The winger is available to sign on a free transfer this summer, and Fulham and Cardiff are keen, but face a tough battle with Premier League side Hull City also having deep interest in the playmaker."

Another Iranian Winger in the squad would be great, keep Ashkan company..

Anyone seen him play?

Yes, he was #3 on Iran during the World Cup and is a very well rounded player. Fast, technical, and strong with good vision, shooting, and a great work ethic. He is only 24 years-old and can play as an attacking-minded left-back, playmaker, or left-winger. Would be a solid signing to replace Richardson but I think he will end up in Hull.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Full Metal Ham on July 13, 2014, 02:42:32 PM
Apparently Hull have bid 1.75m. Can't imagine us beating a premier league club for yet another signature

Apart from the fact he's more likely to get game-time with us. Too many young englishmen rot on the benches of premier league teams..

If he's smart, he'll negotiate a "premier league" get-out clause that'll be triggered if we fail to achieve promotion and another premier league team comes in.

Still, as you say, getting another premier league target to join us in favour of a "bigger" team would be quite a coup.

JackyFulham90

Have watched him quite a few times, Maguire would be a very good signing for us especially if the price is only £3m

Texas White

What does he have to lose... we are without doubt a bigger and better team than Hull. They are also probably going to be tipped as relegation candidates.  We just had a shockingly bad season when we changed owners.
He would play every week, further his career and be in the Premier league within a year.

Admin

Quote from: Texas White on July 13, 2014, 07:29:27 PM
What does he have to lose... we are without doubt a bigger and better team than Hull. They are also probably going to be tipped as relegation candidates.  We just had a shockingly bad season when we changed owners.
He would play every week, further his career and be in the Premier league within a year.

Hull won't get relegated this year, there are to many poor teams in the Premiership. Plus, under Bruce, he's added a good few additions and made them very hard to beat. If anything, Hull would be a good for Maguire, he may just chose us over them simply for playing time.

God The Mechanic

Bruce would also be a good role model for a young centre back.  We also have an absolute TRUCKLOAD of young centre backs, so it'd be interesting how he felt about facing more players his age for the same roles.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Admin on July 13, 2014, 07:37:16 PM

Hull won't get relegated this year, there are to many poor teams in the Premiership. Plus, under Bruce, he's added a good few additions and made them very hard to beat. If anything, Hull would be a good for Maguire, he may just chose us over them simply for playing time.

We are definitely a bigger club than hull but leeds are an even bigger club than us, that never stopped mcormack. Prem football will be a big factor but he may still decide we are the better suited option for him

great point about bruce, look at what hes done with curtis davies. Also europa league games until xmas I would imagine. And that europa league may make their prem survival very edgy but bruce has done well with his signings so far so who knows.

My guess is he will sign for us on tuesday
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Riverside

We are interested in Adam Bogdan - Bolton goalkeeper . Stockdale back up or ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKSW6

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 13, 2014, 08:14:09 PM

We are definitely a bigger club than hull but leeds are an even bigger club than us, that never stopped mcormack. Prem football will be a big factor but he may still decide we are the better suited option for him

great point about bruce, look at what hes done with curtis davies. Also europa league games until xmas I would imagine. And that europa league may make their prem survival very edgy but bruce has done well with his signings so far so who knows.

In what way are we "definitely" a bigger club than Hull? Almost identically sized ground, both haven't really won anything in our history. We may gave spent longer in the PL recently, but they're the team there right now. I'd be wary of calling ourselves a "bigger club". Don't want to start going down the Leeds route of thinking we're better than we are. I'd say we're about level-pegging with them all things considered.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 14, 2014, 09:22:17 AM

In what way are we "definitely" a bigger club than Hull? Almost identically sized ground, both haven't really won anything in our history. We may gave spent longer in the PL recently, but they're the team there right now. I'd be wary of calling ourselves a "bigger club". Don't want to start going down the Leeds route of thinking we're better than we are. I'd say we're about level-pegging with them all things considered.

So leeds arent bigger than hull then? Of course we are, more years in the top flight, more established/big name players over our history, a european final which only 16 other english clubs have achieved. Same size ground and fanbase. Hull have nothing that can be bettered, apart.from they are in the prem and were not. What about the 10 years out of 13 we were and they werent. Stoke however would be more of a debate but not hull.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Craven Mad

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 14, 2014, 09:31:27 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on July 14, 2014, 09:22:17 AM
What does he have to lose... we are without doubt a bigger and better team than Hull. They are also probably going to be tipped as relegation candidates.  We just had a shockingly bad season when we changed owners.

So leeds arent bigger than hull then? Of course we are, more years in the top flight, more established/big name players over our history, a european final which only 16 other english clubs have achieved. Same size ground and fanbase. Hull have nothing that can be bettered, apart.from they are in the prem and were not. What about the 10 years out of 13 we were and they werent. Stoke however would be more of a debate but not hull.

Danny, you risk sounding like the delusional Leeds fans; dining off former glories.

Currently, Hull are in the Premier League, we and Leeds are in the one below.

Talking about "bigger" ends up being heavily subjective. I get your point, but not sure it's as clear-cut as you think... Just my two cents, though!

westcliff white

If you look at history, Burnley and Preston are arguably bigger clubs than Leeds, Hull and ourselves.

BUt as craven says its subjective. tight now there are 20 clubs (all in the prem) bigger than us and able to attract players that maybe we cannot.
Every day is a Fulham day

JBH

We are not a "Big Club" we are the one and only Fulham FC and that's all that matters   049:gif

Texas White

Okay so I was just trying to make a point  that it would be more attractive to come to FFC than go to Hull.
I do think Hull will struggle this year and its more appealing to win a few rather than get battered each week.
We are on paper a bigger team than them, but yes other teams around or below us could be classed as bigger. No illusions from me on that.

Lighthouse

Sadly Maguire has said in a paper that he wants to play in the Prem. So I doubt we are in the mix for him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope