watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Sam Johnstone has played for England u21 (and u20, 19, 16) hasn't he?

FPT

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 19, 2014, 10:26:06 AM
Wouldn't Bettinelli be a good enough backup? He was Accrington's young player of the season while on loan last year.

Bring this lad in and get Bettinelli out on loan, developing further to become number one. Not sitting on the bench for years until he gets a shot like Stockdale - I think that has stumped his growth.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 19, 2014, 12:09:53 AM
Taggart deal is said to be close. Medical already done out in Brazil. The deal is worth less than a couple of hundred thousand so I think we can see that this is no replacement for a striker we will have to bring in who will be a definite starter.

I read the rumored fee is around £180,000.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FPT on June 19, 2014, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on June 19, 2014, 10:26:06 AM
Wouldn't Bettinelli be a good enough backup? He was Accrington's young player of the season while on loan last year.

Bring this lad in and get Bettinelli out on loan, developing further to become number one. Not sitting on the bench for years until he gets a shot like Stockdale - I think that has stumped his growth.
I think you hit the nail on the head, we need 4 goalie's, one for the U21's, 2 for first team but we need to develop a keeperto become No 1 which means going out on loan.

jmh

Quote from: spikey norman on June 19, 2014, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 18, 2014, 11:15:27 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on June 18, 2014, 10:28:59 PM
Sky Sports saying that we are interested in Man Utd goalkeeper Sam Johnstone

Who?!

Exactly my thoughts
GK for the (disastrous) England team in the U20 World Cup last summer.  Spent the second half of this past season on loan at Doncaster Rovers in the Championship and played well (according to the ratings on Whoscored.com, which calls him man of the match in 4 of the 18 matches he played for them), but couldn't keep them from relegation.  Not sure how it makes any sense to take him on loan, if that's actually what's happening, but an interesting prospect if it's a permanent signing.

This information really isn't that hard to find, but I suppose just typing "Who?!" is even less effort.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: jmh on June 19, 2014, 04:56:56 PM

Who?!

Exactly my thoughts
GK for the (disastrous) England team in the U20 World Cup last summer.  Spent the second half of this past season on loan at Doncaster Rovers in the Championship and played well (according to the ratings on Whoscored.com, which calls him man of the match in 4 of the 18 matches he played for them), but couldn't keep them from relegation.  Not sure how it makes any sense to take him on loan, if that's actually what's happening, but an interesting prospect if it's a permanent signing.

This information really isn't that hard to find, but I suppose just typing "Who?!" is even less effort.

It was more of a point that I've never heard of him as opposed to please feed me with information you can Google...

jmh

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 19, 2014, 05:29:34 PM
Quote from: jmh on June 19, 2014, 04:56:56 PM

Who?!

Exactly my thoughts

It was more of a point that I've never heard of him as opposed to please feed me with information you can Google...
Fair enough... 

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Pluto on June 18, 2014, 11:26:40 PM
Wouldn't mind Taggart but not as an alternative to McCormack. Hope this doesn't mean we've given up on him as that transfer really excited me.

News up North is that Leeds are saying categorically McCormack is not for sale.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackyFulham90

The Ross McCormack deal looks dead which is a shame let's hope the club still attempts to sign the same calibre of players this window

JackyFulham90

Hutchinson, Davidson, Taggart

If the last 2 deals are completed it shows how the club goes about its business. Noone knows what players we are going to sign not even the press, this is a big week for us I expect 1 or 2 to be announced

Walsh

Pluto

Quote from: Walsh on June 23, 2014, 12:55:24 AM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1995348

(sorry if this has been posted before, just a few views on Davidson to Fulham)

Christ what an annoying bunch of people. Surprised they can genuinely believe this is a bad move for him. And apparently we are a hoofball club now? Got to wonder how much football these guys actually watch.

EJL

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Craven Mad

Thanks for the link. Always interesting to read others' views.

Have to agree with Pluto, though - immensely irritating bunch on that board.

twang

Report from Sweden:

Tankovic is signing for AZ Alkmaar in a few days.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/landslaget/tankovic-ar-klar-for-spel-i-az-alkmaar/

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Pluto on June 23, 2014, 01:50:10 AM

Christ what an annoying bunch of people. Surprised they can genuinely believe this is a bad move for him. And apparently we are a hoofball club now? Got to wonder how much football these guys actually watch.

I think they're all kids in Australia. They seem to rate the Eredivisie for some bizarre reason.

Craven Mad

Quote from: twang on June 23, 2014, 08:32:23 AM
Report from Sweden:

Tankovic is signing for AZ Alkmaar in a few days.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/landslaget/tankovic-ar-klar-for-spel-i-az-alkmaar/

That's disappointing.

Funny how he trumpeted on about being too good to be loaned to lesser teams (saying: "would Zlatan go to lesser teams?"), but now goes to Alkmaar?? I hope he realises he's not Ibrahimovic, but could be a decent player if he improves his attitude.

westcliff white

i am normally very optimistic about signings, and I know generally the club keep things quiet, but this year is very quiet.

Without being pessimistic being linked with a young Australian (who to be honest barring one burst of speed against Chile (i think it was) hasn't impressed me that much at all) and another Aussie who seems to move clubs as often as I change my socks inst inspiring me at all. Admittedly barring the WC i have not seen much of these guys but surely we need to be getting some solid players in with Championship experience or if we a lucky some prem experience who doesn't mind a season (I can hope) in the championship.
Every day is a Fulham day