watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Of course, if he was really a signed player he would be halfway up the mountain with the rest of the lads, not standing on the touchline joking with the boss.

Nero

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 01, 2014, 10:06:12 AM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 01, 2014, 09:45:31 AM

heres the new centre back.....we think

So its 10k a week and I can stand here or 20k a week and I have to run up the mountain hmm

Admin

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 01, 2014, 10:16:00 AM
Quote from: Admin on August 01, 2014, 09:42:27 AM
Quote from: spikey norman on August 01, 2014, 09:10:37 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 01, 2014, 12:00:16 AM
Brede Hangerland will sign for Palace Friday.
According to today's press he has agreed a 2 year deal

He will get ripped apart if he remains in the Premiership, his days playing at the top level are finished.

Bollocks, he will do a marvellous job for them. Unfortunately, for as much as you can dislike him Pulis knows how to set up a defensive team and grind out results unlike many of our past managers.

For a start, please leave the swearing words at home, it's not tolerated here on FOF. Secondly, Brede will not cope with the physical side of Pulis and the way he sets up his teams, that I can assure you of. He's recent back issues will not cope, Brede is far from the player he used to be.

Admin

Quote from: Arthur on August 01, 2014, 09:51:44 AM
Talking of Bulgarian centre-backs, did we sign the youngster, Velkov, as was being widely reported a few weeks ago?

Reports from Bulgaria are stating today that Fulham have signed 17 year old Bulgarian centre back, Stefan Velkov. There have been rumours over the past week that Magath has been pushing hard to sign the 6'3" defender and a deal looked close until some outside influences tried to derail the deal. In fact, the report continues that "well wishers" from Bulgaria contacted Shahid Khan stating that he had "health problems" which delayed the deal.

Velkov had a trial at Manchester United in December and at the time, Utd had asked for 1st refusal on the youngster who has already made 23 appearances for Slavia Sofia.

Although the deal hasn't been confirmed on either clubs website, the Sofia chairman confirmed that he's signed a deal for 5 years for a fee believed to be worth EU 650,000.
- See more at: http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/news/fulham-sign-velkov-13-425.html#sthash.LTDjuwXa.dpuf

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: Admin on August 01, 2014, 10:36:21 AM

He will get ripped apart if he remains in the Premiership, his days playing at the top level are finished.

Bollocks, he will do a marvellous job for them. Unfortunately, for as much as you can dislike him Pulis knows how to set up a defensive team and grind out results unlike many of our past managers.

For a start, please leave the swearing words at home, it's not tolerated here on FOF. Secondly, Brede will not cope with the physical side of Pulis and the way he sets up his teams, that I can assure you of. He's recent back issues will not cope, Brede is far from the player he used to be.

Well, he will definitely be an upgrade on what they have at the moment and let me add that it's quite bizarre that three premier league sides were interested in a finished player. But surely you know better than those three managers.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

PeterFFC

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 01, 2014, 10:46:58 AM

Well, he will definitely be an upgrade on what they have at the moment and let me add that it's quite bizarre that three premier league sides were interested in a finished player. But surely you know better than those three managers.

An upgrade on the players who conceded the least goals after Chelsea in the league after Pullis took over? Doubt it.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: PeterFFC on August 01, 2014, 10:53:56 AM

An upgrade on the players who conceded the least goals after Chelsea in the league after Pullis took over? Doubt it.
Delaney, McCarthy, Scott Dann and Mariappa: not exactly world class players, are they?
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Craven Mad

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 01, 2014, 10:57:55 AM

Delaney, McCarthy, Scott Dann and Mariappa: not exactly world class players, are they?

Are you Brede's agent, by any chance?

Brede isn't world class either. It's complete speculation that 3 premier league managers have been after him. If he gets signed by a club, it'd be because of his reputation and not because of his performances. He was rubbish for us last year and was unreliable the year before.

Pulls may be able to get something out of him, but your arrogant posts make it seem as if they've lined up Chiellini, not Hangers..

PeterFFC

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 01, 2014, 10:57:55 AM

They may not seem like amazing players but obviously work very well together, so why change for a guy who is old, serious back problems, well past it, and who's team conceded the most goals in the league by a fair bit and got relegated?

rusty shackleford

Northern Cottager

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 01, 2014, 11:05:33 AM
Glad Hangeland isnt going to QPR

Why?!?!

A back 4 of Clint Hill, Ferdinand, Hangeland and whoever at RB would be hilarious.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 01, 2014, 11:08:52 AM

Why?!?!

A back 4 of Clint Hill, Ferdinand, Hangeland and whoever at RB would be hilarious.

Why not leave them as a back 3? So much pace there, it couldn't fail!

Nero

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 01, 2014, 11:09:51 AM

Why?!?!

Well Arry watched the world cup and thought the back 3 was a terrifick idea and is gonna to try it at QPR this season, but he a few player short of quailty in that position and has a few targets in mind and been looking at that young fellow Butcher who was at hibs and has offered him 135k a week to join

callumc513

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 01, 2014, 11:09:51 AM

Why?!?!

We may joke but I genuinely think QPR have been using a back 3 this pre-season.

Barrett487

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 01, 2014, 10:15:00 AM
Obligatory youtube post of newly-linked bloke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwB-CW3rgew

Looks like he prefers RCB - competition for Hutch?

Other info lifted from Transfermarkt [as I have no idea about this guy, at all!] - 28 years old; 182cm tall; right footed; can play RB, but predominantly CB; played in the Europa League qualifiers; capped 20 times for Bulgaria.

Uninspiring 'highlight' clip, consisting of easy defensive headers within a very deep-lying defense. There was no indication of tackling ability, or his speed. They showed him missing an open goal from a free hreader about 6 or 7 times! I hope there is more potential than shown in this clip, Felix obviously sees something.

Admin

Phil Magnus @IgnatiousReilly  ·  2h

Freedman confirms that Lonergan will be his no.1 goalie. Bogdan hasn't featured in preseason due to "medical issue" Mainz and #fulham linked

rusty shackleford

Why?!?!

Cause i dont want to hate him