https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR vs Derby

Started by F(f)CUK, May 24, 2014, 03:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 24, 2014, 06:04:57 PM
Quote from: Andy S on May 24, 2014, 05:43:24 PM
Remember it was Derby supporters who invaded the pitch in the 80th minute and denied us promotion under  Malcolm McDonald. I have no Sympathy for them at all. QPR can enjoy their promotion but if we need an almost entire team then so do they. They are in huge debt and will probably be relegated atb the end of the season after another load of mercenaries have joined them. Good Luck!

Let's hope they have to invest heavily again and between the debt they have now and the pile they will have at the beginning of next season after spending a ton again this summer, and then the other pile they will spend in January to stave off relegation, the whole thing comes crumbling down. Rednapp is the master at destroying clubs.

They will have to, they will not survive with that squad, and remember, the benchmark of 70-80k a week wages has already been set. They won't be getting little gems in for 40k a week, well not under Harry anyway. Good luck to them, they ground out promotion when most thought they wouldn't, but they are financially in tatters, and I can only see it getting worse back up in the Premiership.

Baider

Just got back from the game. If im honest, as much as I hate QPR, was a fairly good day out - my QPR mates are pretty humble and it was more of a piss up than anything. WISH we get to the play-off final next season.

Macedo

You have friends who support QPR..Aaaaargh..lol

Fulham76

Quote from: Barrie on May 24, 2014, 06:08:29 PM
But QPR belong in the Prem cos obviously they're a massive club.   :022:

They're bigger than that.........

SP

Good luck to them.  I look forward to seeing their central defensive partnership of Clint Hill & Richard Dunne.

F(f)CUK

You don't have to look too far back in this post to see my views about the result, but to be fair Rangers defended well, Green was their MoTM and they took their one chance really well.

Bobby didn't do his famous goal celebration of telling the crowd to shut up so even he was pleased.

callumc513

Quote from: SP on May 24, 2014, 08:17:35 PM
Good luck to them.  I look forward to seeing their central defensive partnership of Clint Hill & Richard Dunne.

They are two of the most hilariously limited Premier League players that I have ever seen.

Snibbo

Quote from: callumc513 on May 25, 2014, 02:57:29 AM

They are two of the most hilariously limited Premier League players that I have ever seen.
But more effective than any of our combinations.

the nutflush

Quote from: Oakeshott on May 24, 2014, 05:21:12 PM
"I blame Jol"

Quite right. It was his treatment of Bobby that proved for certain that he was the complete arsehole that some of us suspected.

As well as his treatment of Dempsey, Murphy, Schwarzer, Baird, A Johnson....have I missed anyone else?  Jol was a complete disaster for our club.  Well done Bobby.

akf

Quote from: Baider on May 24, 2014, 06:43:09 PM
WISH we get to the play-off final next season.

It would definitely better than not making the playoffs!  That said, I'd much prefer automatic promotion, I'd fear Fulham in a single elimination game.

alfie

"I blame Jol"

Quite right. It was his treatment of Bobby that proved for certain that he was the complete arsehole that some of us suspected.

Well that is not quite how i heard it, Jol tried all he could to get BZ on side but right from the off he did not want to know, and he caused a lot of disruption in the dressing room, but in all honestly do we really know, it is oh so easy just to blame someone and stick with it.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

the nutflush

Quote from: alfie on May 25, 2014, 09:51:29 AM
"I blame Jol"

Well that is not quite how i heard it, Jol tried all he could to get BZ on side but right from the off he did not want to know, and he caused a lot of disruption in the dressing room, but in all honestly do we really know, it is oh so easy just to blame someone and stick with it.

Maybe its because all those players knew he was as hopeless as he turned out to be. 

SP

Even when they should be enjoying their achievements they are still thinking about us - although my QPR mate has been very gracious so far. 

I enjoyed this quote on WATRB:

'There (sic) demise, our promotion and to boot Bobby getting the goal to send us above them it could not have been scripted any better.'

Good old Bobby will be long gone by next season perhaps returning to his beloved Brighton?  I'd taken the decision not to travel to Loftus Road next season thinking there are far better ways to spend £45 than being shoehorned into that appalling away end.

The footballing gods have given us a tough ride these last few years but I genuinely believe we will return stronger as a result. 

Tonywa

Quote from: Andy S on May 24, 2014, 05:43:24 PM
Remember it was Derby supporters who invaded the pitch in the 80th minute and denied us promotion under  Malcolm McDonald. I have no Sympathy for them at all. QPR can enjoy their promotion but if we need an almost entire team then so do they. They are in huge debt and will probably be relegated atb the end of the season after another load of mercenaries have joined them. Good Luck!

Fulham's dreadful away form in the last months of the season were what denied us promotion under Malcolm.  The events at Derby merely compounded the felony.  even in the Derby game I doubt we would have scored if we had been out there for another two hours, let alone a few minutes.

HatterDon

Quote from: callumc513 on May 25, 2014, 02:57:29 AM

Really? You need to watch more football.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel