watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Sidwell still wanted by Fulham despite being released

Started by Admin, May 29, 2014, 05:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2642932/Steve-Sidwell-wanted-Fulham-despite-released-contract-expired.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Fulham are not giving up hope of keeping Steve Sidwell next season.

The midfielder has been officially released by the Craven Cottage club after his contract expired, with Newcastle and Stoke touted as possible destinations for the former Chelsea man.

But Felix Magath is keen on Sidwell returning to the West London club next season, despite their relegation into the Championship.

Initial talks about a new talk have opened and are ongoing. It is understood Sidwell wants at least a two-year deal.

Sidwell and his family are settled in London and staying in the capital appeals to them.

Crystal Palace are also monitoring developments regarding Sidwell's future.

stokesy

Nero

Quote from: stokesy on May 29, 2014, 05:18:07 PM
give him the 2 year contract

Flog Parker to the Haha hes wages and fee should cover Sidwell for 2 years

Bedford White

Quote from: Nero on May 29, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

I like Scotty but tbh he's past his sell by date, sadly we missed the boat as we really should have moved for him when he went to Spurs. I'd be happy to sell Parker to twitchy and give Steve his two year contract, no question.

General

Quote from: Bedford White on May 29, 2014, 05:52:38 PM
Quote from: Nero on May 29, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

I like Scotty but tbh he's past his sell by date, sadly we missed the boat as we really should have moved for him when he went to Spurs. I'd be happy to sell Parker to twitchy and give Steve his two year contract, no question.

I think most would be happy to flog Parker , especially if that is between him and keeping sidwell.

Macedo

Would be our best business of the summer if we can keep him.

grandad

From 4th choice 2 years ago to most wanted. Is he really any better or are those round him worse?
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Rock

Those round him are worse. The entire side. We've gone downhill. Richardson was a joke and I remember slagging him for how poor he was, but he soon became our starting 11. I think Sidwell warrantes a top 11 spot.

What's most important is that whoever our starting 11 is next year, that each and every player is better than last year. I am afraid that won't be the case, and it might not need to be, but improved quality is very much needed.

cmg

Quote from: Macedo on May 29, 2014, 07:24:18 PM

Bloody hell! I hope not......And I'd like to see him stay.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

SP

He lives not too far from me so I imagine Palace must be favourites to sign him based on location & the offer of Premiership football.

hovewhite

Sell nosy  and get siddy a 2 year deal as we can't play both as too simalar.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Fulham,  as an organisation has become VERY unprofessional,  it really is not good enough  
If I was Sidwell I would tell them to take a running jump

The point is his trust has been compromised and for that reason he should not stay and the club should not ask him to stay

Shape - Up Fulham !!!!
.................................and release or actively try and sell Nosy as well  :022:

shnlwswlkr

Doesn't Scott Parker have a coaching role put in his contract? I'm sure when he joined he said he basically wanted to see out his career here and then take up a coaching role with us?
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

hovewhite

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on May 29, 2014, 10:05:04 PM
Doesn't Scott Parker have a coaching role put in his contract? I'm sure when he joined he said he basically wanted to see out his career here and then take up a coaching role with us?

What, like the contract they gave to Curbs and Butch ..................... or Rene's  ???

Macedo

Quote from: cmg on May 29, 2014, 07:46:22 PM
Quote from: Macedo on May 29, 2014, 07:24:18 PM

Bloody hell! I hope not......And I'd like to see him stay.

Best business as they would have to pay quite a bit for someone else of his
ability to play in the Championship.

Nick Bateman

I don't understand why someone only 31 years old cannot get a 2 year contract?? It would be different if he was as old as "Fat" Frankie Lump-Of-Lard who somehow still gets into England!!?!

Fulham are VERY unprofessionally run.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

nevzter

Well, if he is wanted, why wasn't this deal closed prior to his release?  Obviously, he may not envision the Championship as a desirable destination and the club may have balked due to myriad reasons: wages, length, etc.  I enjoy the debate amongst the multiple voices in my head...

But, it's my own opinion that the club will need to keep somebody like Sidwell for the push next campaign - or find a suitable replacement quickly.  Sidwell's style appears to be conducive to a promotion challenge.

Anyway, back to the absinthe...

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away