Maarten Stekelenburg

Started by JackyFulham90, May 30, 2014, 09:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: blingo on May 30, 2014, 04:40:45 PM
20% ain't good enuf Mr CM

What if I throw in Johnny Heitinga?

Craven Mad

Plus, Chris David looks like he'll be pretty decent.

DJinNJ

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 30, 2014, 04:15:03 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 30, 2014, 03:52:41 PM
Don't know why but the Dutch don't seem to be able to cut it with us. Jol, Stek, Ruiz, Collins John. Perhaps we should steer clear of them?

3 Syllables: Van Der Sar

3 more: Dembele (I assume he counts if you're including Ruiz).

Irelands_number1

Quote from: DJinNJ on May 30, 2014, 05:31:14 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on May 30, 2014, 04:15:03 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 30, 2014, 03:52:41 PM
Don't know why but the Dutch don't seem to be able to cut it with us. Jol, Stek, Ruiz, Collins John. Perhaps we should steer clear of them?

3 Syllables: Van Der Sar

3 more: Dembele (I assume he counts if you're including Ruiz).

Well Dembele's are Belgian & French... and Ruiz is Costa Rican. So I think we should just scrap all of this.

Main point Stek is poo and cost is BIG TIME. who knows how last season would have ended if he hadnt fucked up against Brom.
But if my aunty had balls...... (she may have kept us up)

Nick Bateman

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 30, 2014, 09:21:46 AM
Am so surprised at how poor he has been this season, I was really excited when we signed him, he looked really good against Sunderland but a combination of our poor defence & his injuries have made him look very average this season.

Surely he is one if our biggest earners & will be moved on this summer, for me he is our biggest disappointment this season as I expected so much more. Clearly when injury free a quality keeper will be a good pick up for a Premiership team.
He looked worse after the Sunderland injury.  I posted criticism of him on this forum and was VILIFIED - it was as if Stek was Jesus Christ!!!  Many were deluding themselves and not observing what I noticed, and subsequently every Fulham manager perceived, that Stek was a liability.

He has now been rightly omitted from the Dutch national squad, preferring Jasper Cillesen, Jeroen Zoet, Michel Vorm and Tim Krul ahead of him.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

sunburywhite

Quote from: bog on May 30, 2014, 04:51:49 PM
6 syllables Elliot Macedo.

092.gif 

3 syllables
Ken Hewkins
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Travers Barney

His application and enthusiasm revolted me....I would rather have Richard Teale between the sticks....Southampton away...couldn't give a toss....despite what people say most players try their hardest....he could barely muster himself to take a run up for a goal kick.

coyw
We are the whites

blingo

Travers Barney

Quote from: blingo on May 30, 2014, 10:27:18 PM
How you doing Barney? :)

Not too bad....great to see you back and kicking on the board...really is.

coyw
We are the whites

jmh

Quote from: FPT on May 30, 2014, 11:28:35 AM
I was excited - he let me down.

To be fair, the defence was never organised this season.

Also, he's pretty injury prone, and never quite settled to English football, whether it be the language or the goalkeeping style.

I'd like to see him go, couple of million and he's probably on £50k a week, we don't need him, could probably buy an old German to sit on the bench and just deputise, much like Hodgson did with Pascal Zuberbuhler.
I can't say this for a fact, but I have to assume Stekelenburg already spoke English before he came to Fulham; most Dutch citizens do speak English and it would seem to be even more likely for him to have learned it going into a career with lots of English speakers.  The injury-proneness certainly is an issue though. 

Also, Zuberbuhler is Swiss.

EJL