Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 05, 2014, 04:38:57 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: alfie on June 05, 2014, 03:55:30 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 12:33:01 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2014, 11:55:52 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 08:54:22 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2014, 08:28:21 AM
All this is, is a clever ploy by the bookies. It is tempting mugs to put money on Felix so when someone else gets the job they earn fist fulls. I can´t believe the usual "Manager Out" few will not give Felix time to build HIS squad. He did not come to us to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild. He had only 12 games with an inherited dreadful squad. He has started to rebuild by getting rid of players who are either past it or will not make the grade.
I will reserve judgement until nearer the season. The real problem will be how much influence Mackintosh will have over Felix´s wish list. This is the only reason Felix may walk.

Congratulations! You win the funniest quote of the week award.

"Felix did not come in to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild" hahahahaha.

So khan had waved the white flag with 12 games to go in february? And an 18month contract doesn't strike me as a contract length to rebuild. Who can build anything in that time?

Fact is magath was only brought in to keep us up, hence why we heard everyday about his record of never being relegated. He simply failed to meet his only objective and now because of that failure and the fact wages and costs have to be cut, it has become a massive rebuild. In the long term it might not be such a bad thing to have to rebuild but believe me that was the last thing khan/ mac cared about when they appointed him.

If you want to spout facts , get them right. Magath has been quoted in many interviews that he was hired to TRY & avoid relegation but that if that happened he would stay & rebuild.FACT

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

Appreciate what you saying here, but at WBA how is a goal keeping error Magath's fault, and against Hull the players gave the game away not the manager, Stoke well i guess was a bit odd, but then again he had the guts to try something.

Wba we were comfortable and the better team until felix took off hugo for mitroglu and brought on burn. He then shifted brede over to the right, heitinga over to rb, riether from rb into cm and holtby from the number 10to the left wing. You could see the players had no clue what to do and from then on it was constant pressure from wba. Felix had killed any outlet we had and eventually they broke us down.

hull, firstly dejagah and richardson were both subs. At half time he had no choice but to bring them both on as we were awful. That wasted 2 subs, as if that wasnt bad enough.... an injured sidwell at half time carried on playing and holtby was subbed instead. After just 5mins on the 2nd half sidwell had to come off and we brought on bent leaving 40mins with no more subs. We go 2-0 up and because we have hugo and bent up top he couldnt change it, this meant diarra had to carry on even though magath must of been fully aware diarra would struggle in a 3in midfield for 90mins let alone a two with parker.

both these games were lost by poor management of the situation, something magath is paid to do. I can accept his english not being very good or he doesnt know how english clubs operate especially the hulls and wba but his mistakes were a joke for someone with his reputation.

dont even get me started on stoke. A draw at stoke and an extra 4 from the other games would of changed everything. Thats why I said it
At WBA they were all over us straight from the second half kick off and although he made the changes you said he could not alter the way the game was going. Riether to CM made sense for him as he knew SR could play there and had done so for him in the past. In the end a GK made a mistake and that was that. But fair play to WBA they were the better team 2nd half.

well I was there and I can promise you his subs made the wba pressure worse. And riether in cm maybe in the bundesliga but not in the premiership where he has only played at rb. We were winning, he had kvist on the bench. It made no sense to swap 4 positions in one sub. Why do I have to justify that? This is a manager who played a 20year old at rb when they are a left footed cb. up against a tricky quick winger and burn is lanky and not that mobile. Even my nan would of opted for a different choice
I was there as well and I don't think the subs changed the game one way or another, but that's just my view. He had been at yjw club for a week and knew SR and probably trusted him more than Kvist.
As for the Burn at RB.I think this had to do with Riether and an argument prior to the game. Would I have played him there? well no, but I can give you a reason and its similar to your views on the WBA changes. One for one change to not disrupt the central pairing.
But we could list every manager and weird picks by them.

west kowloon white

Quote from: win-dup on June 05, 2014, 01:39:55 PM
Quote from: west kowloon white on June 05, 2014, 01:02:55 PM
Pullis and Poyet both performed "miracles"-Magath didn't and despite the(too?) often quoted strange decisions I know I would rather see attempt rebuild Fulham...that is my "fact"

is West Kowloon the best part of Kowloon? Is that why you identify your location, a little bit of snobbishness perhaps? I may change my name on here to Pinnerwhite to separate myself from the ghastly dump that most of the rest of Harrow is.

west kowloon white

Screwed up that...anyway miracles had ". " for a reason and no not a snob ,just reference to an area -is Epsom or Sunbury a snob qualifier?Couldn't think of anything original at the time and no longer live there anymore and will sign off.

Berserker

Quote from: west kowloon white on June 05, 2014, 07:06:35 PMScrewed up that...anyway miracles had ". " for a reason and no not a snob ,just reference to an area -is Epsom or Sunbury a snob qualifier?Couldn't think of anything original at the time and no longer live there anymore and will sign off.

Don't worry about a name, I could have called myself 'Arm not Armpit part of Swindon' but called myself Berserker as I like the chesspiece. Wind-up is just being well a wind-up

I personally think Pulis and Poyet did well, I'm still not sure about Felix but don't want another change of manager
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

west kowloon white

Thank you mod-seems a few angry characters have crept on to this site but no reason anyone should know that West Kowloon is the real name of a real area albeit reclaimed land.Why the mild abuse ?
Should remain a forum about a game-used to be a good,amusing read.

epsomraver

Quote from: west kowloon white on June 05, 2014, 07:06:35 PM
Screwed up that...anyway miracles had ". " for a reason and no not a snob ,just reference to an area -is Epsom or Sunbury a snob qualifier?Couldn't think of anything original at the time and no longer live there anymore and will sign off.

No it is where I live, I suspect Sunbury white lives in Sunbury, Not sure what people have against the name West Kowloon white, that is where you live and that is the name you choose, imagine being Swindon white!  086.gif

Berserker

Quote from: epsomraver on June 05, 2014, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: west kowloon white on June 05, 2014, 07:06:35 PM

No it is where I live, I suspect Sunbury white lives in Sunbury, Not sure what people have against the name West Kowloon white, that is where you live and that is the name you choose, imagine being Swindon white!  086.gif

Be careful I'm a Berserker  :58:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.