more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saints target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks

Started by Sammyffc, June 04, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: west kowloon white on June 05, 2014, 01:02:55 PM
Pullis and Poyet both performed "miracles"-Magath didn't and despite the(too?) often quoted strange decisions I know I would rather see attempt rebuild Fulham...that is my "fact"

Performed miracles? Miracles are things like walking on water, healing the sick, and both Poyet and Pulis didn't perform that, that is a fact! What did happen, is that Pulis and Poyet had the benefits of good squads, a group of players that were prepared to fight and play for each other, grinding out good results. Magath inherited a poor squad, one that had been depleted for the past 2 seasons, who wouldn't even fight for the club if you stuck a rocket up their back sides. That is the difference, and that is a fact.   

win-dup

Pullis and Poyet both performed "miracles"-Magath didn't and despite the(too?) often quoted strange decisions I know I would rather see attempt rebuild Fulham...that is my "fact"

is West Kowloon the best part of Kowloon? Is that why you identify your location, a little bit of snobbishness perhaps? I may change my name on here to Pinnerwhite to separate myself from the ghastly dump that most of the rest of Harrow is.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Admin on June 05, 2014, 01:35:56 PM

Performed miracles? Miracles are things like walking on water, healing the sick, and both Poyet and Pulis didn't perform that, that is a fact! What did happen, is that Pulis and Poyet had the benefits of good squads, a group of players that were prepared to fight and play for each other, grinding out good results. Magath inherited a poor squad, one that had been depleted for the past 2 seasons, who wouldn't even fight for the club if you stuck a rocket up their back sides. That is the difference, and that is a fact.   

Also, Poyet had games in hand.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 05, 2014, 12:45:59 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 05, 2014, 12:41:40 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 12:33:01 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2014, 11:55:52 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 08:54:22 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2014, 08:28:21 AM
All this is, is a clever ploy by the bookies. It is tempting mugs to put money on Felix so when someone else gets the job they earn fist fulls. I can´t believe the usual "Manager Out" few will not give Felix time to build HIS squad. He did not come to us to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild. He had only 12 games with an inherited dreadful squad. He has started to rebuild by getting rid of players who are either past it or will not make the grade.
I will reserve judgement until nearer the season. The real problem will be how much influence Mackintosh will have over Felix´s wish list. This is the only reason Felix may walk.

Congratulations! You win the funniest quote of the week award.

"Felix did not come in to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild" hahahahaha.

So khan had waved the white flag with 12 games to go in february? And an 18month contract doesn't strike me as a contract length to rebuild. Who can build anything in that time?

Fact is magath was only brought in to keep us up, hence why we heard everyday about his record of never being relegated. He simply failed to meet his only objective and now because of that failure and the fact wages and costs have to be cut, it has become a massive rebuild. In the long term it might not be such a bad thing to have to rebuild but believe me that was the last thing khan/ mac cared about when they appointed him.

If you want to spout facts , get them right. Magath has been quoted in many interviews that he was hired to TRY & avoid relegation but that if that happened he would stay & rebuild.FACT

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

We were down, lets admit It. There was no confidence, no belief and very little quality in the squad that would have kept us up. Magath was, in my opinion, in a no lose situation. Now he's virtually got a blank canvas with which to prove himself. And he knew that from the start. Simple as.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

We weren't down. Crystal Palace and Sunderland were in much worse situations after that and we had a better squad than Palace and arguably a better squad than Sunderland.

Magath was touted as a manager who had never been relegated. Why would he chose to lose that reputation?

He could easily have turned down the job and been in line for the Fulham job over the summer or the Southampton job, a PL job, now.

Obviously we didn't have a better squad than Palace and Sunderland, because they survived and we didnt. None of out players looked distraught and like the club they wanted to play for had just been relegated. Its us fans qho bicker amongst ourselves, trying to pin point what went wrong, when the extremely well paid players failed and are miffed when they get sacked.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Admin on June 05, 2014, 01:35:56 PM

Really? Palace and Sunderland good squads? How many of their players would you want to join us in the Championship let alone if we were still in the PL?

And, on paper, was ours a poor squad?

No, the difference was that their managers got them to play to nearer the best of their abilities and play together and for each other and the fans.

And our manager and our players didn't do that.

Frank

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulhams-relegation-fighters-cannot-feel-sorry-3467518 :

"Manager Felix Magath was blaming predecessors Rene Meulensteen and Martin Jol – "it is over the whole season, what has been going wrong" – for Fulham's complete inability to defend. ...

In 2008, then-boss Roy Hodgson talked with tears in his eyes when, at one stage, he feared his team might run out of matches before they could pull to safety."

What could Felix have done against that "complete inability to defend"? Crying would not have helped.

FFC1987

When Felix came in the squad were on a high after some cracking performances against top clubs so thats not factual...

Admin

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 05, 2014, 02:21:29 PM
When Felix came in the squad were on a high after some cracking performances against top clubs so thats not factual...

Yes, we were on the back of some good old heroic defeats, and good old heavy spankings, both and home and away. However you look at it, we were utter pony from start to finish, and were always going down like the Titanic - with or without Magath. That squad had never been on a high since the good old Roy days.

FFC1987

Quote from: Admin on June 05, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

Yes, we were on the back of some good old heroic defeats, and good old heavy spankings, both and home and away. However you look at it, we were utter pony from start to finish, and were always going down like the Titanic - with or without Magath. That squad had never been on a high since the good old Roy days.

I don't disagree but if picking up a point at old trafford and narrowly losing to the best in form in the league putting on a very decent display, doesn't instill some confidence, I don't know what will.

Arthur

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on June 05, 2014, 07:59:58 AM
The harsh fact is Magath has achieved nothing for FFC - yet

There is an old saying "respect has to be earned, it isn't "given"

Following the most dreadful, disastrous season most FFC fans simply want some sane plan put in place leading to a rebuild of the team by a manger who can (hopefully) prove he is able & capable

...we could do worse than get Sherwood who did so well @ Spurs & apparently tells it how it is

If Magath had been in charge for, say, 500 matches and achieved nothing or had he, say, released twenty players and brought in twenty in a short space of time and we were no better for it, these could be looked upon as 'harsh' facts. The fact, however, that he failed to save from relegation with just 12 games remaining - though perhaps 'disappointing' - is hardly an indictment of his managerial abilities.

Moreover, while the old saying about respect is a truism that we all know, what does have to be 'given', of course, is enough time to earn it. And, for Magath, this has to cover the time for his plan (whatever it may be) to have a lasting impact.

As for 'telling it as it is', how valuable a quality is this? For every highly-regarded manager who speaks his mind, there are surely just as many who have found that it has made little or no difference and who may even have done better to be more diplomatic at times. There are, in my opinion, a number of more vital attributes in a manager than the willingness to 'tell it as it is'.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 05, 2014, 02:43:45 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 05, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

I don't disagree but if picking up a point at old trafford and narrowly losing to the best in form in the league putting on a very decent display, doesn't instill some confidence, I don't know what will.
those two results..both back to the wall games where we still conceded five goals...were irrelevant, decision had already been made to replace Rene at end of January. Took longer to get Magath than planned.

alfie

All this is, is a clever ploy by the bookies. It is tempting mugs to put money on Felix so when someone else gets the job they earn fist fulls. I can´t believe the usual "Manager Out" few will not give Felix time to build HIS squad. He did not come to us to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild. He had only 12 games with an inherited dreadful squad. He has started to rebuild by getting rid of players who are either past it or will not make the grade.
I will reserve judgement until nearer the season. The real problem will be how much influence Mackintosh will have over Felix´s wish list. This is the only reason Felix may walk.

"Felix did not come in to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild" hahahahaha.

So khan had waved the white flag with 12 games to go in february? And an 18month contract doesn't strike me as a contract length to rebuild. Who can build anything in that time?

Fact is magath was only brought in to keep us up, hence why we heard everyday about his record of never being relegated. He simply failed to meet his only objective and now because of that failure and the fact wages and costs have to be cut, it has become a massive rebuild. In the long term it might not be such a bad thing to have to rebuild but believe me that was the last thing khan/ mac cared about when they appointed him.

If you want to spout facts , get them right. Magath has been quoted in many interviews that he was hired to TRY & avoid relegation but that if that happened he would stay & rebuild.FACT

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

Appreciate what you saying here, but at WBA how is a goal keeping error Magath's fault, and against Hull the players gave the game away not the manager, Stoke well i guess was a bit odd, but then again he had the guts to try something.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

K33NY

Had Magath been here before January transfer window closed we could have had many different signings, but as people stated then as well, how many players would be looking for a transfer to a relegated threathned club? And how many players would be available, maybe Magath would have done alot then, but he never had that possibility, but I wonder what the next transfer window will bring in, and I surely hope we see alot coming in, creative, offensive, goal scoring, team based player who work well together and not least a strong deffence line. I think and hope Magath can do it, I just hope we start seeing something soon, some rumors or even knews about signings, Championship starts early and we need all those new players to have been having some pre matches to get into a well driven team!

Arthur

Quote from: K33NY on June 05, 2014, 04:01:18 PM
I just hope we start seeing something soon, some rumors or even knews about signings...

Maybe we shall.

As I understand, however, a player who is contracted to his current Club until the end of this month (as is the norm), cannot officially join us until July 1st. It is almost certainly the case that we are already speaking to players (and some may even have agreed - verbally - to join us), but the Club may take the view that to go public with such information at this time would not, on balance, be a wise step.

Nick Bateman

A small point but isn't it a bit of a liberty that someone (probably from Southampton) has allowed the information that they wanted to approach our manager was rebuffed, but thereby letting Magath know a Premier League club wants him???
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alfie on June 05, 2014, 03:55:30 PM

Appreciate what you saying here, but at WBA how is a goal keeping error Magath's fault, and against Hull the players gave the game away not the manager, Stoke well i guess was a bit odd, but then again he had the guts to try something.

Wba we were comfortable and the better team until felix took off hugo for mitroglu and brought on burn. He then shifted brede over to the right, heitinga over to rb, riether from rb into cm and holtby from the number 10to the left wing. You could see the players had no clue what to do and from then on it was constant pressure from wba. Felix had killed any outlet we had and eventually they broke us down.

hull, firstly dejagah and richardson were both subs. At half time he had no choice but to bring them both on as we were awful. That wasted 2 subs, as if that wasnt bad enough.... an injured sidwell at half time carried on playing and holtby was subbed instead. After just 5mins on the 2nd half sidwell had to come off and we brought on bent leaving 40mins with no more subs. We go 2-0 up and because we have hugo and bent up top he couldnt change it, this meant diarra had to carry on even though magath must of been fully aware diarra would struggle in a 3in midfield for 90mins let alone a two with parker.

both these games were lost by poor management of the situation, something magath is paid to do. I can accept his english not being very good or he doesnt know how english clubs operate especially the hulls and wba but his mistakes were a joke for someone with his reputation.

dont even get me started on stoke. A draw at stoke and an extra 4 from the other games would of changed everything. Thats why I said it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 04:34:25 PM

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

Wba we were comfortable and the better team until felix took off hugo for mitroglu and brought on burn. He then shifted brede over to the right, heitinga over to rb, riether from rb into cm and holtby from the number 10to the left wing. You could see the players had no clue what to do and from then on it was constant pressure from wba. Felix had killed any outlet we had and eventually they broke us down.

hull, firstly dejagah and richardson were both subs. At half time he had no choice but to bring them both on as we were awful. That wasted 2 subs, as if that wasnt bad enough.... an injured sidwell at half time carried on playing and holtby was subbed instead. After just 5mins on the 2nd half sidwell had to come off and we brought on bent leaving 40mins with no more subs. We go 2-0 up and because we have hugo and bent up top he couldnt change it, this meant diarra had to carry on even though magath must of been fully aware diarra would struggle in a 3in midfield for 90mins let alone a two with parker.

both these games were lost by poor management of the situation, something magath is paid to do. I can accept his english not being very good or he doesnt know how english clubs operate especially the hulls and wba but his mistakes were a joke for someone with his reputation.

dont even get me started on stoke. A draw at stoke and an extra 4 from the other games would of changed everything. Thats why I said it
At WBA they were all over us straight from the second half kick off and although he made the changes you said he could not alter the way the game was going. Riether to CM made sense for him as he knew SR could play there and had done so for him in the past. In the end a GK made a mistake and that was that. But fair play to WBA they were the better team 2nd half.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 05, 2014, 04:34:10 PM
A small point but isn't it a bit of a liberty that someone (probably from Southampton) has allowed the information that they wanted to approach our manager was rebuffed, but thereby letting Magath know a Premier League club wants him???

Doh, don't you think somebody would have sounded him out already (unofficially)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

St Eve

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on June 05, 2014, 04:38:57 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 04:34:25 PM

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

At WBA they were all over us straight from the second half kick off and although he made the changes you said he could not alter the way the game was going. Riether to CM made sense for him as he knew SR could play there and had done so for him in the past. In the end a GK made a mistake and that was that. But fair play to WBA they were the better team 2nd half.

well I was there and I can promise you his subs made the wba pressure worse. And riether in cm maybe in the bundesliga but not in the premiership where he has only played at rb. We were winning, he had kvist on the bench. It made no sense to swap 4 positions in one sub. Why do I have to justify that? This is a manager who played a 20year old at rb when they are a left footed cb. up against a tricky quick winger and burn is lanky and not that mobile. Even my nan would of opted for a different choice
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging