watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saints target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks

Started by Sammyffc, June 04, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enclosurite

Well, IF this is true and the club have blocked this then it's certainly a positive change from the norm where we let clubs walk all over us.  Maybe we're toughening up a bit.
¡COYW!

Lighthouse

Now we look inside Craven Cottage for the first game of the new season.

094.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

David Allen Crankshaw

Felix will stay. He said that at the end of the season and I would like to think that he is a man of his word. We have a fabulous academy and if he can use some gems and add additional signings then a rapid return to the Premier League would greatly enhance his reputation.

St Eve

Nero

well the poll at the bottom says the clubs fans don't want him, but what do they know they would still have Adkins if it was up to them

Saints fans! Do you fancy Felix Magath as boss?

•YES 27%

•NO 73%

Max Headroom

We can't keep chopping and changing our manager and expect to do well next season. We need some continuity of management. We need to accept that we had a crap team ethic last year and an old team that could not be turned round. Magath is contracted to the end of next season. The club can and should make him stay even if he wants out. No idea if he does but I suspect he is a man of his word and will stay.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Because he's promised to keep them in the Premiership cos he's never been relegated

Also he's going to restore their home form - Fortress Saints
[/quote]

Is this the same person who said "I didn't expect us to get anything against Spurs"
"I have been brought here to make sure we stay up"
"I promised the fans I will stay and rebuild the team"........................Thank you Felix
"I picked Burn at right back because......................................."
"I played Holtby (who mysteriously lost his form) on the right wing because.............."
"I left Dejagah on the bench because................................."
"I kept picking Bent because....................................)
" I played 4 different people at left back (excluding Briggs) because.........................."
"A lot of vot eye sed has been missunderstood becos my English is not very good..........................."
"Mitrologlou......................................Who ?"

Blah Blah

To the words of the Moody Blues  "If you gotta go, Go Now"

I would absolutely love to see the notes, scribblings and plans of the powers that be with our first pre-season friendly in 6 weeks, yes 6 weeks !!

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Quote from: Max Headroom on June 05, 2014, 12:17:41 AM
We can't keep chopping and changing our manager and expect to do well next season. We need some continuity of management. We need to accept that we had a crap team ethic last year and an old team that could not be turned round. Magath is contracted to the end of next season. The club can and should make him stay even if he wants out. No idea if he does but I suspect he is a man of his word and will stay.

But is it ever good to have someone who doesn't want to be here? -look at Berba.

Well, you always expect a pro to do a pro job, but I think I'd rather have a manager who was happy to be Fulham manager.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Awesome support for the manager and club as a whole guys....simply awesome.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

RaySmith

I'd assumed Felix does want to be Fulham manager - since he wanted to come here, and has said he wants to rebuild at Fulham even in the Championship.

But I was responding to comments that he should be forced to stay, even if he wants to leave for a Prem job - and I don't think this is a good idea.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Seriously, some comments on this board wind me up something rotten, but some of these just take the biscuit.
We have had three managers in the last season, we've been relegated, we've had wholesale changes with playing staff and backroom staff. It's been the most unsettled 12 months at the club for a very, very long time. Yet there are a few out there who would want further disharmony within the club, purely because you think Felix Magath "is clueless" and it was his fault we got relegated. What world do you live in? Seriously? I wanna go there on holiday.
Magath came to a sinking ship; he didn't have to, but he did. In the back of his mind, being a man of fair intellegence, he would have known it would be a near impossibility to keep us up. He came anyway. He tried and obvioulsy failed. In the close season so far, he has got rid of deadwood. There is no other way to describe the players who have departed. The ones that he has kept, he clearly thinks are capable of getting us straight back up.
He hasn't bought anyone, because the window has been open for 5 days. We're not in the final section of the transfer window, we're at the start. But, as usual, Magath is to blame for not signing 10 new players already. How dare he!! Can't he see Chelsea have spent 32 million on a new striker? Why haven't we????!!!
If the club have come out a refused to let Southampton speak to Magath, which by the way is in THE MIRROR!!, and Magath hasn't kicked up a fuss, then that tells me he isn't bothered.
I still don't understand why some of you can't have a little faith in the whole situation, have some patience with transfer signings and see what pans out. We clearly have a very good batch of youngsters coming through, which is very promising, we've been told the chairman is giving Magath money to spend; so why not just wait longer than the first week of the window to see what happens.

Or is that just boring, sensible me??!!

The Old Count

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 05, 2014, 06:56:26 AM
Seriously, some comments on this board wind me up something rotten, but some of these just take the biscuit.
We have had three managers in the last season, we've been relegated, we've had wholesale changes with playing staff and backroom staff. It's been the most unsettled 12 months at the club for a very, very long time. Yet there are a few out there who would want further disharmony within the club, purely because you think Felix Magath "is clueless" and it was his fault we got relegated. What world do you live in? Seriously? I wanna go there on holiday.
Magath came to a sinking ship; he didn't have to, but he did. In the back of his mind, being a man of fair intellegence, he would have known it would be a near impossibility to keep us up. He came anyway. He tried and obvioulsy failed. In the close season so far, he has got rid of deadwood. There is no other way to describe the players who have departed. The ones that he has kept, he clearly thinks are capable of getting us straight back up.
He hasn't bought anyone, because the window has been open for 5 days. We're not in the final section of the transfer window, we're at the start. But, as usual, Magath is to blame for not signing 10 new players already. How dare he!! Can't he see Chelsea have spent 32 million on a new striker? Why haven't we????!!!
If the club have come out a refused to let Southampton speak to Magath, which by the way is in THE MIRROR!!, and Magath hasn't kicked up a fuss, then that tells me he isn't bothered.
I still don't understand why some of you can't have a little faith in the whole situation, have some patience with transfer signings and see what pans out. We clearly have a very good batch of youngsters coming through, which is very promising, we've been told the chairman is giving Magath money to spend; so why not just wait longer than the first week of the window to see what happens.

Or is that just boring, sensible me??!!
Agree entirely. We seem to have some fans who post on here that only know how to knock rather than post something useful or positive.

westcliff white

Big Bad, the window doesn't open till 1st of July for certain.

For me I am neither for or against Felix, he came in when times were bad and it was a hard task, I don't think his record is much different to Jol or Rene this season (I thik he had 2 games less than them overall).

I did find some of his decisions very strange, Burn at RB, Holtby wide when he was playing well in midfield or behind the striker, all the chopping and changing every week some will say he had to I say after the Norwich and villa games we had a team that looked like they could win even with rodders (he I am not a fan of at all) but he just would not pick that settled side. When he took over he also said now is not the time for youth we need experienced players, then he went back to the younger players when it wasn't going right, when to us it was clear form the out set the older "experienced" players had not performed for most of the season. I think this is what some see and remember when they make some comments.

It is just frustration that our beloved club is relegated and looking in a mess.
Every day is a Fulham day

Forever Fulham

He's made enough odd decisions and hollow promises to lose my faith in him.  Big Bad, you wrote that he didn't have to come to this sinking ship.  No one in Germany would take him.  He had burned all of his domestic league bridges.  In a sense, if wanted to manage, he did have to come.  He doesn't make smart in-game adjustments.  He ends up being hated by former players.  The one trump card he had going for him was his previous record of avoiding relegation.  Now that bubble has burst.  He has long been linked with the story that he always wants total control.  Maybe Khan won't give that to him now, and maybe another club will.  But I realize that's just speculation. 

PeterFFC

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 05, 2014, 04:07:50 AM

Because he's promised to keep them in the Premiership cos he's never been relegated

Also he's going to restore their home form - Fortress Saints

Is this the same person who said "I didn't expect us to get anything against Spurs"
"I have been brought here to make sure we stay up"
"I promised the fans I will stay and rebuild the team"........................Thank you Felix
"I picked Burn at right back because......................................."
"I played Holtby (who mysteriously lost his form) on the right wing because.............."
"I left Dejagah on the bench because................................."
"I kept picking Bent because....................................)
" I played 4 different people at left back (excluding Briggs) because.........................."
"A lot of vot eye sed has been missunderstood becos my English is not very good..........................."
"Mitrologlou......................................Who ?"

Blah Blah
[/quote]

1) What he probably meant was he didn't have Spurs away down as any points when planning how many he needed.
2) Well he was brought in to keep us up, but it was a near impossible job and he turned us around well.
3)You can't say he's bar because he is showing loyalty.
4) I can't defend Burn at Right Back.
5)Dejagah was never fully fit, Duff was out so he had to play someone there and Holtby looked capable.
6) If you watched the Hull game you would've seen that despite coming on at around 65 mins he was out of breath by 80 minutes. He was never fully fit and if bringing him off the bench worked (which it did) why change it?
7)He didn't keep picking Bent! If you remember Bent actually complained about never playing. Eventually he played 1 match, but that's hardly enough to say kept picking.
8)Left Back has been a problem for the past seasons for us. He had to try and play different people there to see who worked best.
9) You definitely can't pass him off because he isn't fluent in English! Look at Pochetino, I know he can speak English a bit, he did a wonderful job with them and it paid off.
10) Mitroglou wasn't his signing, and was injured! I suppose that was Magath's fault now aswell?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Our players needed a swift kick in the nuts for some of their performances. If he was hard on them, then good.
He was experimenting with players. He probably wanted to see if Burn could cover at RB because Reither was pants. He can obviously see the potential and wanted to give him game time, but with the experience of Hangeland and Heitinga in the middle. As for Holtby, he clearly doesn't rate him cos he shipped him out of Germany. He came out and said Lewis has no fight, and it proved right.
I don't doubt any decision Magath has made so far. I point the finger of blame, squarely at Jol. He caused the rot in the club which has had disastrous effect. I believe in Felix and he will prove me right.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

The Old Count

No one is a party to the so called odd decisions Magath made (burn etc). Maybe he realised the other players who were options had thrown in the towel, were injured or whatever.

The fact of the matter is that we are where we are. We either give Magath the opportunity to succeed with us or not.

Berserker

Well he better stay or I will be depressed
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Like Big Bad Billy, I find it interesting at a time when we have had 3 managers in a year, suffered a disastrous relegation and are now suffering the turmoil associated with having to cut our cloth accordingly as well as completely reshape the first team that people would be happy to see Felix walk away.

He has a better CV than most, he clearly has plans, we need the continuity, and as a mid-sized Championship club we are unlikely to attract anyone else of his calibre.