watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saints target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks

Started by Sammyffc, June 04, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Let's not get too carried away with this loss. The outcome of the title race is still in our hands and we won't let it slip away."

"Everyone expected us to beat the bottom team but we went forward too much and forgot that they can also score goals."

"We were so sure we were the better team, we were so sure we would score, then we were handed one ourselves."

"I actually still thought we could pull it off until they scored the second goal."
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

domprague

It would save us sacking him in October when we're 14th.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Admin

Fulham face a fight to keep boss Felix Magath after refusing Southampton permission to speak to him.

The 60-year-old German will have to walk out on the west London Championship club if he wants to hold talks with the managerless Saints about a swift return to the Premier League.

Southampton want Magath to replace Mauricio Pochettino - who took over at Tottenham last month - by the end of next week.

They have already spoken to Feyenoord boss Ronald Koeman, too.

But while Koeman, rejected by Swansea, is desperate to work in the Premier League, MirrorFootball understands Southampton are particularly keen to speak to Magath - despite his relegation with the Cottagers this season.

Ex-Bayern Munich coach Magath has so far given his word to Fulham - and the club's fans - that he will continue to lead them despite their drop into the Championship.

However, Southampton believe Magath had little to work with at Craven Cottage - where he was the third manager of the season after Martin Jol and Rene Meulensteen were axed in December and February respectively - and could deliver better results with a squad of greater quality.

Fulham, though, want him to continue the process of restructuring their playing staff for a tilt at an automatic return to the top flight.

Captain and centre-half Brede Hangeland, 32, is among a clutch of players released by the club, who are ready to place their faith in youth next season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-target-felix-magath-manager-3645778#ixzz33hnS5VFE
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

St Eve

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it

Pluto

I would be delighted. Get a bit of compensation for him before he's inevitably sacked before Christmas.

Berserker

I think he will go
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham1959

I hope the last one out of the door remembers to lock it . . . after all, we don't want all of our trophies stolen !

Fulham76

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 04, 2014, 11:06:09 PM
Lets hope he goes  049:gif

I'm sorry mate, but if he goes, we're screwed. Far to late to start the rebuild with another manager. Can't believe what I'm reading on here and the negativity / hate towards Magath.

Admin

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: love4ffc on June 04, 2014, 06:42:14 PM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on June 04, 2014, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: Berserker on June 04, 2014, 05:12:39 PM
Why would they want him?

Because he's promised to keep them in the Premiership cos he's never been relegated

Also he's going to restore their home form - Fortress Saints

Ahh...but he has been relegated...with us! 

Errr - it was a joke!

A poor one maybe.....but never the less.....

Oh never mind

Berserker

I'm not saying I want him to leave,  but I have a bad feeling about this and think he could go.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham76

Quote from: Admin on June 04, 2014, 11:08:28 PM

I'm sorry mate, but if he goes, we're screwed. Far to late to start the rebuild with another manager. Can't believe what I'm reading on here and the negativity / hate towards Magath.

Got to agree. If they want him & he wants to leave there's not a lot we can do about it, but right now, we look to be in a complete mess.

Admin

Quote from: Berserker on June 04, 2014, 11:12:17 PM
I'm not saying I want him to leave,  but I have a bad feeling about this and think he could go.

If he was going to go, he'd have walked out at the end of the season, when Fulham were relegated. To come out and say he's staying, and he came here to build a team 'what ever division we were in' speaks volumes. At the end of the day, we can't stop Southampton searching for another manager, but for the club to block any approach straight away, also speaks volumes as well. To me, this is the bookies just getting everyone to lump money on Magath.

SouthfieldWhite

It's not too late, the new manager will have all of preseason to identify who he wants, if magath stays we won't have any players left.

The bloke is clueless

As for a new manager, Chris Powell did wonders at Charlton considering what he had to play with, as for John Collins, he will make a very good manager with attacking football

epsomraver

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 04, 2014, 11:25:40 PM

It's not too late, the new manager will have all of preseason to identify who he wants, if magath stays we won't have any players left.

The bloke is clueless

As for a new manager, Chris Powell did wonders at Charlton considering what he had to play with, as for John Collins, he will make a very good manager with attacking football
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Admin

I'm out of here before I say a bunch of stuff I shouldn't, and I'll be staying away for quite a while.