more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saints target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks

Started by Sammyffc, June 04, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 05, 2014, 07:38:58 AM
Our players needed a swift kick in the nuts for some of their performances. If he was hard on them, then good.
He was experimenting with players. He probably wanted to see if Burn could cover at RB because Reither was pants. He can obviously see the potential and wanted to give him game time, but with the experience of Hangeland and Heitinga in the middle. As for Holtby, he clearly doesn't rate him cos he shipped him out of Germany. He came out and said Lewis has no fight, and it proved right.
I don't doubt any decision Magath has made so far. I point the finger of blame, squarely at Jol. He caused the rot in the club which has had disastrous effect. I believe in Felix and he will prove me right.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

You don't think its unforgivable to play burn at rb (to experiment) in a game we had to win. If anything heitinga at rb and burn next to brede. If you don't rate holtby then you don't play him but instead he plays him out of position and sacrifices our best player in doing so.

Wba away- 1-0 up with 20 mins to go.... a clearly unfit mitroglu replaces hugo who was playing well, burn comes on and brede slots over, heitinga to rb, riether into midfield and it seemed when the music stopped stek in goal was supposed to go up front. Oh no wait thats musical chairs not musical positions.

Game after that hugo was dropped and not seen again until villa where believe it or not he scored. So in the games in between we had to suffer bent. Do you still trust him?

When a team is depending on you to keep them up with a handful of games left you make sure you picl your best team. The fact he chopped and changed every week and still didnt know what team to pick tells the story. A good manager would of found a winning formula sooner and been more consistant in his decisions. A good manager who understood england would of kept us up in my opinion.

I hope magath goes and quick so we can get in a british manager
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: The Old Count on June 05, 2014, 07:44:52 AM
No one is a party to the so called odd decisions Magath made (burn etc). Maybe he realised the other players who were options had thrown in the towel, were injured or whatever.

The fact of the matter is that we are where we are. We either give Magath the opportunity to succeed with us or not.

Actually there is a third option - he chooses to leave us

The harsh fact is Magath has achieved nothing for FFC - yet

Neither did Jol

There is an old saying "respect has to be earned, it isn't "given"

Following the most dreadful, disastrous season most FFC fans simply want some sane plan put in place leading to a rebuild of the team by a manger who can (hopefully) prove he is able & capable

Where that will lead us who knows, we must wait & see

Because you were once successful in Germany, because you once managed Spurs, because you sometimes spout nonsense - none of that earns automatic respect

It's history & you are measured on what you achieve now, in the present

If Magath does chose option 3 & leaves us then we could do worse than get Sherwood who did so well @ Spurs & apparently tells it how it is

Of course what Mr Khan would think about that is another matter

Snibbo

Magath 7/4 second favourite with the bookies. And Maarten Jol  is 33/1

Perfect job for Moyes I would have thought.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 04, 2014, 11:25:40 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 04, 2014, 11:08:28 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 04, 2014, 11:06:09 PM
Lets hope he goes  049:gif

I'm sorry mate, but if he goes, we're screwed. Far to late to start the rebuild with another manager. Can't believe what I'm reading on here and the negativity / hate towards Magath.

It's not too late, the new manager will have all of preseason to identify who he wants, if magath stays we won't have any players left.

The bloke is clueless

As for a new manager, Chris Powell did wonders at Charlton considering what he had to play with, as for John Collins, he will make a very good manager with attacking football
I think for the first time I have to disagree with you, Clueless is a bit harsh.I'm sure Liverpool fans thought the same of Roy, his issue there was inheriting a mess and pile of problem players much like Felix did. Roy went to West Brom and once again showed what a good manager he was, performed same miracle with them as he did with us turning them into a good team which slowly went downhill after he left.
I'll wait and see the Felix team and new players in pre season before I make a judgement, although I know you are in a better position to observe whats been going on I'm hoping this is a rare time when your call is misjudged.

grandad

All this is, is a clever ploy by the bookies. It is tempting mugs to put money on Felix so when someone else gets the job they earn fist fulls. I can´t believe the usual "Manager Out" few will not give Felix time to build HIS squad. He did not come to us to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild. He had only 12 games with an inherited dreadful squad. He has started to rebuild by getting rid of players who are either past it or will not make the grade.
I will reserve judgement until nearer the season. The real problem will be how much influence Mackintosh will have over Felix´s wish list. This is the only reason Felix may walk.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 05, 2014, 08:27:32 AM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 04, 2014, 11:25:40 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 04, 2014, 11:08:28 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 04, 2014, 11:06:09 PM
Lets hope he goes  049:gif

I'm sorry mate, but if he goes, we're screwed. Far to late to start the rebuild with another manager. Can't believe what I'm reading on here and the negativity / hate towards Magath.

It's not too late, the new manager will have all of preseason to identify who he wants, if magath stays we won't have any players left.

The bloke is clueless

As for a new manager, Chris Powell did wonders at Charlton considering what he had to play with, as for John Collins, he will make a very good manager with attacking football
I think for the first time I have to disagree with you, Clueless is a bit harsh.I'm sure Liverpool fans thought the same of Roy, his issue there was inheriting a mess and pile of problem players much like Felix did. Roy went to West Brom and once again showed what a good manager he was, performed same miracle with them as he did with us turning them into a good team which slowly went downhill after he left.
I'll wait and see the Felix team and new players in pre season before I make a judgement, although I know you are in a better position to observe whats been going on I'm hoping this is a rare time when your call is misjudged.

And the Liverpool faithful were spot on with their views on him cos he's done nothing since he left....

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2014, 08:28:21 AM
All this is, is a clever ploy by the bookies. It is tempting mugs to put money on Felix so when someone else gets the job they earn fist fulls. I can´t believe the usual "Manager Out" few will not give Felix time to build HIS squad. He did not come to us to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild. He had only 12 games with an inherited dreadful squad. He has started to rebuild by getting rid of players who are either past it or will not make the grade.
I will reserve judgement until nearer the season. The real problem will be how much influence Mackintosh will have over Felix´s wish list. This is the only reason Felix may walk.

Congratulations! You win the funniest quote of the week award.

"Felix did not come in to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild" hahahahaha.

So khan had waved the white flag with 12 games to go in february? And an 18month contract doesn't strike me as a contract length to rebuild. Who can build anything in that time?

Fact is magath was only brought in to keep us up, hence why we heard everyday about his record of never being relegated. He simply failed to meet his only objective and now because of that failure and the fact wages and costs have to be cut, it has become a massive rebuild. In the long term it might not be such a bad thing to have to rebuild but believe me that was the last thing khan/ mac cared about when they appointed him.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

BigbadBillyMcKinley

People are doubting Magaths abilities and saying we faired better under Rene. But Rene was an unproven and inexperience manager. Not ideal for a relegation battling team. Yes we played some decent stuff under Rene, but when it came down to it, he didn't have the nous to push us that extra yard. Not that Magath did in the limited amount of time he was given, but if he'd come instead of Rene, we'd have stayed up.

Adi-ffc

fp.gif
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 05, 2014, 09:31:54 AM
People are doubting Magaths abilities and saying we faired better under Rene. But Rene was an unproven and inexperience manager. Not ideal for a relegation battling team. Yes we played some decent stuff under Rene, but when it came down to it, he didn't have the nous to push us that extra yard. Not that Magath did in the limited amount of time he was given, but if he'd come instead of Rene, we'd have stayed up.

+1

The negativity about Magath is comical. The team were already beat and he tried what he could to wrench some results out of them when he came, including the odd mistake along the way.

He needs to be judged on his own team. Would you really rather have mackay/Powell/someone else teach us average championship football or a manager who has gone to the very top with contacts around Europe to build an exciting side?

:doh:

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Nero on June 05, 2014, 12:14:25 AM
well the poll at the bottom says the clubs fans don't want him, but what do they know they would still have Adkins if it was up to them

Saints fans! Do you fancy Felix Magath as boss?

•YES 27%

•NO 73%

I voted Yes in that poll!
Never ever bloody anything ever.

blingo

If maggie had been given the transfer window, we would still be in the prem, but the powers that be left it far too late to save us.

FFC1987

I'm not sure how you can justify that statement.

Rene left the squad in a better condition than he received it in, had them playing well enough to pick up points to Utd and very unlucky (a stupid tackle from Riether) not to do so against in form Liverpool. Rene had no time with the new squad which in my eyes was the best squad we had and it still didn't work.

I have faith in Felix but I don't see how saying if he'd come in before Rene he'd have kept us up. Its nonsense in my humble opinion. Rene wasn't perfect but at least we showed some signs of progression during his tenure, unlike Felix which for me, performances went downhill towards the end.

This isn't a spat on Felix as I wish to emphasise I hope he stays and steers the ship in the right direction but I can't see how Rene should be blamed for Felix's failure to spur those players to decent performances.

grandad

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 08:54:22 AM

"Felix did not come in to keep us up as the writing was already on the wall. He came to rebuild" hahahahaha.

So khan had waved the white flag with 12 games to go in february? And an 18month contract doesn't strike me as a contract length to rebuild. Who can build anything in that time?

Fact is magath was only brought in to keep us up, hence why we heard everyday about his record of never being relegated. He simply failed to meet his only objective and now because of that failure and the fact wages and costs have to be cut, it has become a massive rebuild. In the long term it might not be such a bad thing to have to rebuild but believe me that was the last thing khan/ mac cared about when they appointed him.

If you want to spout facts , get them right. Magath has been quoted in many interviews that he was hired to TRY & avoid relegation but that if that happened he would stay & rebuild.FACT
Where there's a will there's a wife

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 05, 2014, 11:51:08 AM

I'm not sure how you can justify that statement.

Rene left the squad in a better condition than he received it in, had them playing well enough to pick up points to Utd and very unlucky (a stupid tackle from Riether) not to do so against in form Liverpool. Rene had no time with the new squad which in my eyes was the best squad we had and it still didn't work.

I have faith in Felix but I don't see how saying if he'd come in before Rene he'd have kept us up. Its nonsense in my humble opinion. Rene wasn't perfect but at least we showed some signs of progression during his tenure, unlike Felix which for me, performances went downhill towards the end.

This isn't a spat on Felix as I wish to emphasise I hope he stays and steers the ship in the right direction but I can't see how Rene should be blamed for Felix's failure to spur those players to decent performances.

What exactly could Magath do in the 12 games he had, with no option to buy or sell anyone? Rene had more chances than Magath in that respect, and still failed to impress. Yes, he was no mug and being 2nd at United for however many years is proof that he's a good coach. But being number 1, unproven in the role as it is, but coming to a club, limping at best in the premiership, he still didn't improve us enough. Had Magath come in instead, he might have installed fear and a certain work ethic into the players that had been missing for so long.
It's irrelevant now anyway, we're down, Magath is in charge and I for one and excited at being favourites for more than just relegation.

TheManOnTheBus

He was given an 18 month contract to keep us up.  But from which league?   

He has another 12 months to make sure we don't get relegated from the Championship - so he hasn't yet failed.

Oakeshott

The problem with Rene, in my view, is that when he found himself in the top job his nerve failed. Bringing in Wilkins and Curbishley complicated things. Had Rene had the confidence to be his own man, he might well have been more successful and kept us up. On the other hand, had Felix been appointed instead of Rene I am sure he would have kept us up, as he'd have had the benefit of the January transfer window to strengthen the team, having seen it in action for quite a few games.

However, we are where we are and in my view Felix represents our best chance of getting promoted straight away. He should be able to do much as Jean Tigana did, and strengthen our team no end by adding currently unknown players, in his case from Germany rather than France.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2014, 11:55:52 AM

If you want to spout facts , get them right. Magath has been quoted in many interviews that he was hired to TRY & avoid relegation but that if that happened he would stay & rebuild.FACT

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 12:33:01 PM

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

We were down, lets admit It. There was no confidence, no belief and very little quality in the squad that would have kept us up. Magath was, in my opinion, in a no lose situation. Now he's virtually got a blank canvas with which to prove himself. And he knew that from the start. Simple as.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 05, 2014, 12:41:40 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 05, 2014, 12:33:01 PM

Im not denying that the plan was for him to stay and rebuild but that was a secondary.motive.  You were implying that we were down anyway and he wasnt brought into save us which is nonsense. The biggest FACT is he failed and I believe although everyone was to blame the games we threw away the points that would of kept us up were magaths fault  wba away, hull home and stoke Fact

We were down, lets admit It. There was no confidence, no belief and very little quality in the squad that would have kept us up. Magath was, in my opinion, in a no lose situation. Now he's virtually got a blank canvas with which to prove himself. And he knew that from the start. Simple as.

We weren't down. Crystal Palace and Sunderland were in much worse situations after that and we had a better squad than Palace and arguably a better squad than Sunderland.

Magath was touted as a manager who had never been relegated. Why would he chose to lose that reputation?

He could easily have turned down the job and been in line for the Fulham job over the summer or the Southampton job, a PL job, now.

west kowloon white

Pullis and Poyet both performed "miracles"-Magath didn't and despite the(too?) often quoted strange decisions I know I would rather see attempt rebuild Fulham...that is my "fact"