watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Group D: Costa Rica-England-Italy-Uruguay

Started by Moderati, June 14, 2014, 04:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Still believe

Think it was best england performance I've seen for long while... reckon Roy's mentality has helped team... getting through group is disticnt possibility.

Would not have trusted started Sterling myself but was impressed he lasted well.  Having said that, still think Lallana should start and use Sterling as a power sub once teams tire.  I'd also play Milner everytime, he gives good solid cove ron the wing and will put in some quality crosses. 

Another plus for England is that Suarez wasn't used in Costa Rica game, if he was anywhere near fit he would've have been given the score.  Will be a tough game but have a feeling even a draw maybe enough. 

LBNo11

...this England team is work in progress. In two to four years time the young bloods will be the established members of the national team, and the results will turn in our favour by then. Also by then the England team will have at least one Fulham player in Pat Roberts, and England haven't won any tournament without a Fulham player in the team.

In the meantime they will learn, let's support them during this transition...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

alfie

One day the unthinkable will happen
a little bit of optimism from good old Mr Lighthouse.
082.gif
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

For me england were fantastic and i was delighted for roy, he shut alot of people up with the approach. The only real negative for me and this is something i disliked when he picked his squad was leaving out ashley cole. Baines was by far englands worse player and defensively is inadequate at that level. I felt cole and shaw should of gone regardless of baines's form. Coles simply better and the only player of his generation who has never let england down and shaw is the future. Baines for me was like a middle child, the one who gets forgotten, atleast he should of been.

I still feel england will qualify and this is the model fulham should follow, 100percent
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

K33NY

I liked how strong this England team was looking yesterday, I think Rooney was better first half and start of second half but later on he just didnt get it right, even though he was trying but it seems like the Italian team was much more prepared for that hot weather, I might be completely wrong about this though. But England looked very promising to me and I hope they get further than the group stage.

BestOfBrede

Get Stockdale in instead of Hart as well!

TheDaddy

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on June 15, 2014, 12:45:13 PM
I think it has and if anyone let England down last night, it was the older / more seasoned players.  Roberts and Williams certainly resemble the way Sterling plays !!!!

A couple of (quite a few) nice signings are still required though.
0001.jpeg
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BarryP

I believe that was the most dynamic English squad I have ever seen. Sterling certainly looked like the real deal.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Pluto

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 14, 2014, 08:02:29 PM
If Bryan Ruiz and Diego Forlan both get their legs broken tonight, I would be so happy

Wow what an embarrassing thing to say. Appreciate you were probably a few beers in when you typed that but Christ that is shameful. All respect for you lost.

FFC1987

Can anyone see Costa Rica getting points against Italy!? I have a horrible feeling they might just do it. Think J.Campbell could run riot!

Berserker

I think Costa Rica can get points against Italy and England. Mind you I'm probably in the minority as I don't think England will get out of the group
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FFC1987

Quote from: Berserker on June 16, 2014, 09:35:38 AM
I think Costa Rica can get points against Italy and England. Mind you I'm probably in the minority as I don't think England will get out of the group

Well i'm agreeing with you rarther regretfully. I can see Costa Rica going on to secure a place. Solid start from them and i've seen little from england to suggest they will earn a spot.

In addition, I'd drop Rooney and play an attacking line of Sturridge, Lambert, Ox (if unfit Lallana) and Sterling. He's just nt on form and is a liability out of position. Cracking assist but overall, he caused too many issues to warrent catering him for a starting spot. Thats my two pence.

Forever Fulham

If I were Roy, I'd take a chance with Lambert.  I think he'd get it done. 

BarryP

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 16, 2014, 09:32:46 AM
Can anyone see Costa Rica getting points against Italy!? I have a horrible feeling they might just do it. Think J.Campbell could run riot!

If Italy sit back and do not put pressure on the ball against Costa Rica I could see Costa Rica taking points in this matchup.  There is a lot of on the ball talent in the Costa Rica squad and when they have time to pick a forward pass they can punish you.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

fulhamben

I was well pumped up for Italy, but I feel so deflated that I'm not even going to the pub tonight. Haven't even played 3 lions yet. I need some serious inspiration
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Burt

Nope...

Really looking forward to this one, I was excited by the direction that Roy was looking to take the team v. Italy and am hoping that it continues in tonight's match.

Bring it on!

fulhamben

Quote from: Burt on June 19, 2014, 03:21:47 PM
Nope...

Really looking forward to this one, I was excited by the direction that Roy was looking to take the team v. Italy and am hoping that it continues in tonight's match.

Bring it on!
I'm jealous. Needless to say, should we get a result today I will be in the pub for opening on Tuesday

Forever Fulham

This appeared within a social media site called Trove. 

Uruguay vs. England
Striker Luis Suarez has declared himself ready to play for Uruguay after undergoing knee surgery in May. He missed Uruguay's somewhat stunning 3-1 loss to Costa Rica in the opener. Suarez scored 31 goals for Liverpool in English Premier League play last season, and now will go up against the six Liverpool players who suit up for England. Like Uruguay, England probably can't afford to lose after dropping its first match to Italy. "I know all the players in the England squad either because they're my teammates or because I've faced them," Suarez said, per the Associated Press. "They have some defensive flaws we can exploit."[/i]

I found this quite offensive actually.  How do the rest of you feel about it?  I know he's playing for country now.  And yes it's true there are a number of Liverpool players in the England squad which will be playing against his country's team.  And yes he probably does have inside information on the weaknesses of his club teammates.  But, still, why say that publicly?  Why?  Going public with this fact is unnecessary and in very poor taste.  Come on, England, beat these guys.

fulhamben

forget this thread. 2 cans and 3 lions on repeat have sorted me right out. come on england

bill taylors apprentice

Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if we win is my outlook.

I really wish I could be more positive but..... you know, all these years following FFC and England etc etc etc.