Alternative England

Started by Nick Bateman, June 16, 2014, 03:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 16, 2014, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: alfie on June 16, 2014, 06:45:29 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 16, 2014, 03:51:19 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM
Stockdale is far better than Ruddy who has been called up.  Richards is better than the hapless Glenn Johnson.  Sidwell for me is the best central midfielder in England, Parker was captain recently, Defoe has never let England down and Carroll is better than Lambert.  But you are welcome to your views.

Deary me....You really discredit yourself with statements like 'Sidwell for me is the best central midfielder in England'. Never have I heard such nonsense. Carroll isn't better than Lambert either. He potentially will be if he remains fit but right now he just isn't.

Some people think that Carroll is better than Lambert you don't, but it is all about opions and as much as a don't like a lot of what he says he is entitled to his own opinion.
:plus one: Well said, Alfie!

Carroll cost the 'puds £35m, Lambert £4m.  I rest my case.

Sorry, you made a case?

westcliff white

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 17, 2014, 12:18:29 PM
Stockdale is far better than Ruddy who has been called up.  Richards is better than the hapless Glenn Johnson.  Sidwell for me is the best central midfielder in England, Parker was captain recently, Defoe has never let England down and Carroll is better than Lambert.  But you are welcome to your views.

Deary me....You really discredit yourself with statements like 'Sidwell for me is the best central midfielder in England'. Never have I heard such nonsense. Carroll isn't better than Lambert either. He potentially will be if he remains fit but right now he just isn't.

Some people think that Carroll is better than Lambert you don't, but it is all about opions and as much as a don't like a lot of what he says he is entitled to his own opinion.

Carroll cost the 'puds £35m, Lambert £4m.  I rest my case.

That is like saying marlet was better than saha, one cost 13 million the other 5 million, so do not think that case always adds up
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 17, 2014, 09:23:51 AM
Stockdale is far better than Ruddy who has been called up.  Richards is better than the hapless Glenn Johnson.  Sidwell for me is the best central midfielder in England, Parker was captain recently, Defoe has never let England down and Carroll is better than Lambert.  But you are welcome to your views.

I thought better of you. No coming back from a comment like that.

to be honest i could not care less what you think of me, i am just stating like you, me and everyone else the guy is entitled to his opinion, and where am i coming back from?, i have not been anywhere yet.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SimpleTactics

Carroll cost the 'puds £35m, Lambert £4m.  I rest my case.

So now you are making the assumption that quality is proportional to price?

Nick Bateman

Carroll was Hodgson's first choice when he came into the job.  His price tag was the valuation at the time, and he was still sold for over £15m a year ago.  I think he is the future and holds the ball up better than Lambert.

Parker impressed me in an England shirt, but I could see Delph or Shelvey instead.  Huddlestone was less impressive this season for me.  Caulker could play instead, just didn't want to have too many Tottenham or ex-Spurs in team.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

FFC1987

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 17, 2014, 01:25:51 PM
Carroll was Hodgson's first choice when he came into the job.  His price tag was the valuation at the time, and he was still sold for over £15m a year ago.  I think he is the future and holds the ball up better than Lambert.

Parker impressed me in an England shirt, but I could see Delph or Shelvey instead.  Huddlestone was less impressive this season for me.  Caulker could play instead, just didn't want to have too many Tottenham or ex-Spurs in team.

'I think he is the future' Isn't that exactly what I said? With current form Lambert is the smart choice, but Carroll if he remains fit, is indeed a future seection. Parker and Sidwell however, are most definitly not.

Quote from: alfie on June 17, 2014, 01:09:11 PM

to be honest i could not care less what you think of me, i am just stating like you, me and everyone else the guy is entitled to his opinion, and where am i coming back from?, i have not been anywhere yet.

Good to hear. Least we agree we don't hold any value to each others opinion then.

MiltonBurrows

Parker impressed me in an England shirt, 2 or 3 years ago. No one in our squad warranted a England Call up, or even came close to it. We were dross and thats why we got relegated.

You are entitled to your opinion, but i think the majority of fulham fans and fans across the nation eould disagree with you that sidwell is the best midfielder in England. He's just gone to Stoke, which sums up what kind of player he is for me. But don't get me wrong, he was terrific for us last season.

As for the cost of Carroll over Lambert, young english players are well known to be drastically over priced. In both transfers, both clubs admitted in paying over the odds for andy carroll, with david gold even admitting that the Carroll transfer was a mistake! Lambert has warrented that place in the scoring over 30 goals in the PL over 2 seasons. Something Carroll has yet to do.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Big Martin Jol

My starting XI would be

Ruddy
Flanagan-Caulker-Stones-Cole
     Carrick-Shelvey
Walcott-Rodriguez-Townsend
              Defoe

The rest of the squad would be Stockdale, Butland, Walker, Terry, Clyne, Lennon, Huddlestone, Rodwell, Barry, Morrison, Carroll, Wickham.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

jmh

Are we talking about the World Cup four years ago?  If not, then I'm not sure why people are including Ashley Cole.  He's been pretty bad for three years now.  In addition to Baines and Shaw, Kieran Gibbs, Danny Rose and Jon Flanagan were all better than Cole this past season.

Rhys Lightning 63

Scott Parker

Scott Parker - Scott Parker - Scott Parker - Scott Parker

Scott Parker - Scott Parker

Scott Parker - Scott Parker - Scott Parker

Scott Parker
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

alfie

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 17, 2014, 01:35:26 PM

'I think he is the future' Isn't that exactly what I said? With current form Lambert is the smart choice, but Carroll if he remains fit, is indeed a future seection. Parker and Sidwell however, are most definitly not.

Good to hear. Least we agree we don't any value to each others opinion then.

Sorry i don't understand "Least we agree we don't any value to each others opinion then."

I did not say that i agree with his opinion i just said he had a right to express it just like anyone else on here.
The fact that you think less of me for saying this, well i think that is your issue not mine.
anyway enough said onwards and upwards,  "whatever squad we have" or England have
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jmh

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 17, 2014, 05:43:59 PM
                               Scott Parker

Scott Parker
Even in goal?   :58:

FFC1987

Quote from: jmh on June 17, 2014, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 17, 2014, 05:43:59 PM
                                Scott Parker

Scott Parker
Even in goal?   :58:

That pitch would get churned up in no time with all those donuts!

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on June 17, 2014, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 17, 2014, 01:35:26 PM

Good to hear. Least we agree we don't any value to each others opinion then.

Sorry i don't understand "Least we agree we don't any value to each others opinion then."

I did not say that i agree with his opinion i just said he had a right to express it just like anyone else on here.
The fact that you think less of me for saying this, well i think that is your issue not mine.
anyway enough said onwards and upwards,  "whatever squad we have" or England have

Edited to make it clearer.

Its my right to belittle opinions if statements like 'Sidwell is the best midfielder in England' arise. I never stated he had no right to an opinion, I merely discredited it.