Started by Craven Mad, June 23, 2014, 09:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The new kit has denied us our "black and white" image. Do you

Like the new kit
Think it's acceptable
Dislike it
Hate it

Craven Mad

I know there's another thread about this, but it's locked so I thought I'd put this here.

The club just released a short video-teaser about the new kit. You get to see a bit more of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sye6gxdt45s

Interesting how it's our young players getting pictured.

XXI

looks like it's going to be similar to the new brentford kit with light gray stripes instead of red...

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/06/new-adidas-brentford-fc-14-15-home-kit.html

Northern Cottager

Why won't they just release it like every other club? It's painful.

General

General

If you pause it on 16 seconds and 19 seconds you'll get a better idea.

General

Interesting that Hyndman is being used in it... haven't seen anything/much of him in regards to first team football and a very little of Dembele. Woodrow. No sign of any other more senior first team players though which is different. Just goes to show how few of them we have now.

Craven Mad

Quote from: General on June 23, 2014, 10:31:30 AM
Interesting that Hyndman is being used in it... haven't seen anything/much of him in regards to first team football and a very little of Dembele. Woodrow. No sign of any other more senior first team players though which is different. Just goes to show how few of them we have now.

Exactly what I thought.

Maybe a suggestion that they'll be featuring next year? Or, alternatively, maybe a suggestion that none of the senior players are will feature next year..

Also, strange to have a "young players" collection without Pat Roberts, Chris David, Dan Burn etc..

Maybe I'm reading into this too much!

Mitch

I would suggest it's merely the youth as they know they won't be going anywhere, and from a PR perspective it's the only real positive angle they've got now.

That said, they need to say sooner rather than the later the deal with the stripes and orange. White on white will be very nice, and a red hem - great. Anything else and well, they've caused themselves a storm they don't need.

Lighthouse

Overheard by a fictitious person on the inside - 

'Right we have to make a quick video for the kit. Some reason the advertising guys think it somehow adds to the expectations. Yeah I know they are but what can you do? Right have we any players about? Don't care who they are. Good, let's get this done.'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TomFFC

I think the use of Woodrow Dembele and Hyndman is a play on the 'touch of future' that they have marketed it with, as they could be the future.

WhiteJC

here's a couple of screen grabs..

WhiteJC

based on that, here's my take...

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

PaulJ123

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 23, 2014, 04:16:40 PM

It sort of looks like one of those templates you have before adding colour to it

MisfitKid

Come on you grays...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

love4ffc

Like many things at ffc I guess we'll just get use to it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

westcliff white

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 23, 2014, 06:41:35 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on June 23, 2014, 04:16:40 PM

It sort of looks like one of those templates you have before adding colour to it

It seems unless your a bog team Adidas generally give a template to you, although some of the big teams also get templates for some of their kits
Every day is a Fulham day

General

Quote from: MisfitKid on June 23, 2014, 08:27:22 PM
Come on you grays...

Irony being they've got rid of all our older players.

kiwiwaka

It'll be based on the Argentina kit I'm assuming.

Burt

Quite like it.... Much better than recent efforts.