watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Hoogland -new right back signs

Started by RaySmith, June 25, 2014, 10:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Its quite ironic how similar his name is to hangeland. I think that will defo be his song!

I dont see how anyone can moan at this signing. How many other players in the chamionship played for a top 3 side in a major european league last year and also played champions league football. Not to mention scoring against real madrid. Most championship sides have never even been to spain let alone the bernabau. Im pleased, if anything i think he's the best signing of the 3 so far and ive got no complaints.

If hes as good as grygera id be delighted. Lets just hope he dont get injured
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: This Little Piggy on June 25, 2014, 02:30:01 PM
Quote from: Ordar on June 25, 2014, 12:50:48 PM
Felix knows him so he wouldnt be coming in if he didnt think he could do a job for us. 1 year contract, no transfer fee. Played 22 games for a team finishing 3rd in the league last year. Not entirely sure what people are complaining about....

For starters, Hoogland only played because there was no other option according to the manager. Uchida (Japanese RB) was injured and Schalkes manager thought it was a good idea to have some experience in the team. Hoogland was easily one of the worst players last season though. Had some average games but mostly was a liability in the back four. Imo he's past it. He's been injured or ill for the majority of time of the last 4 years and that shows. His legs are gone and I don't think he's good enough for a league where you need pace. Having said that he's got a very likeable character and gives his all for the team. He's kind of a leader type of player with an excellent professional attitude. I don't think he's good enough as fulback but he can play in midfield as well and maybe that's where Magath sees him.

I know alot about football but some of you amase me with your knowledge of random players ive never heard of. My mrs thinks im obsessed! I dont know how you get the time to know so much about a schalke squad player

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Errr

A ONE year deal

Don't get too carried away?

AlexH

Let's be fair we need a right back as Reither is most likely off and there are still questions over Zverotic's capabilities. Passley is still fairly young so we need someone.

Sounds like injuries have got in the way but it's a free transfer and it's nice to have options. It's hardly the most exciting signing but it seems like a decent capture by Felix.

SimpleTactics

Imagine if Hangleand stayed. Hangeland and Hoogland

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: SimpleTactics on June 25, 2014, 02:37:52 PM
Imagine if Hangleand stayed. Hangeland and Hoogland

Maybe we signed Hoogland because it's cheap to alter the spelling on Hangeland's shirt?

This Little Piggy

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 25, 2014, 02:34:43 PM
Felix knows him so he wouldnt be coming in if he didnt think he could do a job for us. 1 year contract, no transfer fee. Played 22 games for a team finishing 3rd in the league last year. Not entirely sure what people are complaining about....

For starters, Hoogland only played because there was no other option according to the manager. Uchida (Japanese RB) was injured and Schalkes manager thought it was a good idea to have some experience in the team. Hoogland was easily one of the worst players last season though. Had some average games but mostly was a liability in the back four. Imo he's past it. He's been injured or ill for the majority of time of the last 4 years and that shows. His legs are gone and I don't think he's good enough for a league where you need pace. Having said that he's got a very likeable character and gives his all for the team. He's kind of a leader type of player with an excellent professional attitude. I don't think he's good enough as fulback but he can play in midfield as well and maybe that's where Magath sees him.

I know alot about football but some of you amase me with your knowledge of random players ive never heard of. My mrs thinks im obsessed! I dont know how you get the time to know so much about a schalke squad player

My dad is a huge Schalke fan and so I get to see a lot of games of the Royal Blues. Hoogi is a Schalke product (Schalke academy player). He's from Marl (near Gelsenkirchen) and Schalke through and through. Really a good guy and a player you want in your team. It's a shame that his legs are gone. During his spell at Mainz he was very close to a spot for the German national team but then he got injured and sadly he never came back as strong as he was before.

westcliff white

Quote from: This Little Piggy on June 25, 2014, 02:47:16 PM

My dad is a huge Schalke fan and so I get to see a lot of games of the Royal Blues. Hoogi is a Schalke product (Schalke academy player). He's from Marl (near Gelsenkirchen) and Schalke through and through. Really a good guy and a player you want in your team. It's a shame that his legs are gone. During his spell at Mainz he was very close to a spot for the German national team but then he got injured and sadly he never came back as strong as he was before.
sounds like he is just what we need
Every day is a Fulham day

This Little Piggy

Quote from: westcliff white on June 25, 2014, 02:48:45 PM
Quote from: This Little Piggy on June 25, 2014, 02:47:16 PM

sounds like he is just what we need

There is no risk in the deal at all. I just wanted to point out that his stats for Schalke are a bit misleading. There is a reason his contract was not extended. And tbh I thought the manager made a big mistake by playing Hoogland and not one of the youngsters. Hopefully he can help the team next season. 

Frank

Quote from: General on June 25, 2014, 12:57:57 PM
Quote from: Frank on June 25, 2014, 12:51:58 PM
When he was younger he also played CB.

Gary Linker used to play striker... doesn't mean he's any good any more... or to the same level. or remembers how to play the role as well.
Please do me a list how many CBs we have.

MJG

Quote from: Frank on June 25, 2014, 03:16:43 PM
Quote from: General on June 25, 2014, 12:57:57 PM
Quote from: Frank on June 25, 2014, 12:51:58 PM
When he was younger he also played CB.

Gary Linker used to play striker... doesn't mean he's any good any more... or to the same level. or remembers how to play the role as well.
Please do me a list how many CBs we have.
Burn
Amorebieta
Hutchinson
Arturworrey
Burgess
Donnelly
Grimmer

God The Mechanic

Quote from: This Little Piggy on June 25, 2014, 02:58:30 PM
There is no risk in the deal at all. I just wanted to point out that his stats for Schalke are a bit misleading. There is a reason his contract was not extended. And tbh I thought the manager made a big mistake by playing Hoogland and not one of the youngsters. Hopefully he can help the team next season. 

Not good enough for Schalke when they were in the Champions League isn't saying he won't be good enough for us in the Championship ;)

kiwiwaka

No risk involved in the deal, one year deal - if he's good and we stay up, could stay longer. Played most of last season (well, 19 league games alone) and in the Champions League. Having a player of that calibre in the Championship is fairly impressive. Good to see we are bolstering the squad early, and very cheaply to start with.

St Eve

We are all desperate to see some new signings but it is really hard to get excited about the 3 that Felix has signed

RaySmith

I'm excited about seeing how our new team will perform under Felix.

cottage expat

My Schalke-supporting friend Tells me that Hoogland misses a lot of games the past two seasons with injuries and that, quote" he can be a bit wild at times." In his opinion, we'd have been better off to have kept Reither. We'll just have to wait and see....hopefully, we are not getting another sick note.

Blanco

He actually scored against Real Madrid in this last Champions League.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: cottage expat on June 26, 2014, 12:51:44 AM
My Schalke-supporting friend Tells me that Hoogland misses a lot of games the past two seasons with injuries and that, quote" he can be a bit wild at times." In his opinion, we'd have been better off to have kept Reither. We'll just have to wait and see....hopefully, we are not getting another sick note.

I have no idea about this hoogland so ill take your friends word but to be fair i'd rather have a dead camel than riether. The biggest case of a one season wonder we ever had in the prem. First year he was fantastic and at times i foolishly wondered if he was better than finnan. But then this year he was awful and more importantly his attitude was a joke. The stamp on janazai, then wearing a man utd top after the game we had lost. The penalty vs liverpool which threw away a point and a result that could of changed everything. Missing the stoke game cos of a bust up with felix which meant burn played instead, burn playing was felix fault but riether must of done something to warrant being dropped for the biggest league game in the clubs history since pompey. 2 relegations in 3 years makes you wonder was he ever that great.

So maybe hoogland isnt the answer but good riddance to riether, players like senderos did their best and cared. We were let down by the likes of riether who we depended on but just never showed up and were no doubt on more money than phil because they were valued as key players.

Really gone off of riether as you can probably tell

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: St Eve on June 25, 2014, 09:24:19 PM
We are all desperate to see some new signings but it is really hard to get excited about the 3 that Felix has signed
you moan if we dont sign anyone quickly enough and when we do you moan that your not excited about them, you probably have no idea who they are and there potential. We are in the championship so dont expect any big names that will excite you we will have to get the startlets and the unknowns

westcliff white

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on June 26, 2014, 09:36:56 AM
Quote from: St Eve on June 25, 2014, 09:24:19 PM
you moan if we dont sign anyone quickly enough and when we do you moan that your not excited about them, you probably have no idea who they are and there potential. We are in the championship so dont expect any big names that will excite you we will have to get the startlets and the unknowns
I don't agree, we can sign big names for the championship. McCormack is a big name down there as is Rhodes, both of those should be in our sights preferably Rhodes. We will always sign unknown players or solid players that's what we do but we should be bale to attract better players than other teams. I am usually positive on our signings but aside from Hutchinson so far I feel underwhelmed, I ham hoping Felix is going to pull some rabbits form the hat somewhere.
Every day is a Fulham day